OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the brighter side, my daughter made these for her desktop.

pointbreak.jpg
bourgeoisie.jpg

I know Point Break isn't political, she just really hates Point Break.

That’s not how it works. If the party managed to dump Trump they have to pick a new nominee and that nominee picks a new veep. They can’t pick Pence because he’s toxic by association with Trump.

Besides, it’s too late to change ballots in many states. Early voting has started in some important states. And even if it wasn’t too late, there’s nobody who can win. Any candidate who didn’t already endorse Trump won’t win over the base. Anybody who endorsed Trump won’t get votes from other voters.
No, I know it would not be an immediate or automatic thing as if they were elected and Trump resigned or something. I believe from reading if Trump quit the campaign, they would have to elect a new candidate.

Pence just released a statement: "As a husband and a father, I was offended by the words and actions described by Donald Trump in the eleven-year-old video released yesterday. I do not condone his remarks and I cannot defend them."

Other than that, he's cool with Trump, and is looking forward to continue their campaign. He's a good Christian, after all.
They (he and trump) keep bringing up that the video is older. But then the next thing out of their mouths (well, trump's, and pence's by association and failure to discliam) is to bring up stuff that happened to Hillary in her marriage 20+ years ago and act as though that is some sort of excuse.

Please tell me we're witnessing the death throes of the GOP.

The Democratic leadership is too inept for that to happen. Remember when Bush's failures would leave the GOP in the wilderness for a generation? And then the DNC managed to lose both houses of congress in a few years.

They (he and trump) keep bringing up that the video is older. But then the next thing out of their mouths (well, trump's, and pence's by association and failure to discliam) is to bring up stuff that happened to Hillary in her marriage 20+ years ago and act as though that is some sort of excuse.
That is a good point, and one I hope gets brought up in the debate.

I'm just thinking of what would happen if, somehow, Trump is forced to step aside. I've mentioned it before, but now it seems more plausible than back then, and yet so close to the election, hard to see it happening. Like, I know a lot of the reason we've got Trump and not one of the usual GOP candidates, is because of HIS followers. They're not necessarily Republican voters, they're just frustrated and angry. Would they look at a Newt Gingrich or a Mitt Romney and see a great candidate? I see a lot of people saying that any candidate would be better than Trump, and would make it easier to defeat Clinton, but would all of the millions of people voting for Trump still vote for the GOP candidate, if an alternative was to be presented?

The original? You've failed as a father.

The reboot? You've done well.

I'll just let her type:

Okay I don't actually think it was that bad, but my dad loves it so much that I mock it to tease him. I have not seen it in a few years (thankfully), but from what I remember, the cinematography was great and the plot was cool, BUT

- Keanu Reeves talks like a douchebag
-Johnny Utah is a ridiculous name
-If he was really a good cop, he could have found out that the surfers he's hanging out with are the SURFERS HE IS LOOKING FOR OH MY GOSH OPEN YOUR EYES JOHNNY UTAH
-I'm actually not going to complain about Gary Busey, he did OK
-There was only one woman with a signifigant speaking role, and she could have been replaced with a really nice looking table lamp and the plot would've been basically the same.
-That police chief keeps yelling at Johnny Utah and Gary Busey for wasting their time with surfboard wax, but it's not like he's helping at all. That just pisses me off.
-I cannot emphasize how much I hate the name Johnny Utah
-I guess it gets points for Patrick Swayze, but those points are taken away because there's no dance number

In conclusion, Point Break is not actually that bad, but not deserving of the accolades my dad gives it. And don't even get me started on the movie Brazil.

I'll just let her type:

Okay I don't actually think it was that bad, but my dad loves it so much that I mock it to tease him. I have not seen it in a few years (thankfully), but from what I remember, the cinematography was great and the plot was cool, BUT

-If he was really a good cop, he could have found out that the surfers he's hanging out with are the SURFERS HE IS LOOKING FOR OH MY GOSH OPEN YOUR EYES JOHNNY UTAH
-There was only one woman with a signifigant speaking role, and she could have been replaced with a really nice looking table lamp and the plot would've been basically the same.
-That police chief keeps yelling at Johnny Utah and Gary Busey for wasting their time with surfboard wax, but it's not like he's helping at all. That just pisses me off.
-I guess it gets points for Patrick Swayze, but those points are taken away because there's no dance number

In conclusion, Point Break is not actually that bad, but not deserving of the accolades my dad gives it. And don't even get me started on the movie Brazil.
Your daughter wins the internet today. I may disagree with her, but she still wins.

My guess is that they'd show he makes most of his money from The Apprentice, and not actual business. It'd shatter his image of being a hugely successful businessman who dabbles in reality TV as a hobby, and show him as a con artist whose only real commercial value is hype.
So, pretty much the same as any other politician?

I'll just let her type:

They're not cops. They're FBI agents, like Burt Macklin.

I'm thinking the Dems have had that video of Trump in their back pocket all along, just waiting to see if he was going to play the Bill card.

As he started to lay it on table, they took him out at the knees.

He cannot possibly talk about Bill Clinton's indiscretions now.

( I resisted the urge to say the Dems trumped Trump...oh...wait...thwap0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back