OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
14519749_1720440341613982_988761794931197185_n.jpg

The schism in the Democratic Party will be far easier to bridge than the GOP chasm.

There is no chasm in the GOP. Most of the GOP fell in line because they’re gutless cowards who fear of Reince Priebus. The chasm is between the GOP and Republicans who got out of politics. After the election, regardless of the result, they’ll fall in line too. Because the corporations they lead want things that can only be had by bribing the GOP with campaign contributions. The Democrats may be corrupt. But they’re not going to shut down the EPA and repeal the ACA to get PAC money.

There is no chasm in the GOP. Most of the GOP fell in line because they’re gutless cowards who fear of Reince Priebus. The chasm is between the GOP and Republicans who got out of politics. After the election, regardless of the result, they’ll fall in line too. Because the corporations they lead want things that can only be had by bribing the GOP with campaign contributions. The Democrats may be corrupt. But they’re not going to shut down the EPA and repeal the ACA to get PAC money.

I agree. But I was referring to the electorate and there is DEFINTELY a chasm there. I'm pretty sure the Tea Party and the moderate GOP aren't BFFs...

I'm pretty sure the Tea Party and the moderate GOP aren't BFFs...

It would be great if it worked out that way. But Republicans are greedy bastards. I recall back when Bush was running for office. A guy I knew disagreed with Bush on almost every policy. And so did his family. But they all supported Bush because the family was wealthy as fuck and wanted to make sure they inherited every last cent.

I agree. But I was referring to the electorate and there is DEFINTELY a chasm there. I'm pretty sure the Tea Party and the moderate GOP aren't BFFs...

There is no such thing as a moderate GOP.

The entire party is extremist; within that, it's a scale that runs from juvenilism and denialism and ignorance to full-out batshit crazy, meanness, racist, racist, xenophobic, etc. There isn't one single issue that the American right is correct on. Not one.

The Dems are a centralist party that leans both right and left, depending on the issue.

And, effectively, there is no left. We need a left. Let the Dems be the conservatives. Let the GOP rot in the hell of history textbooks, where future generations can read about how disgusting their great-grandparents were.

From my FB feed right now. This guy is a church pastor, too.

On one hand I would love to see the military given an excuse to rain Hellfire missiles on the entire alt-right. On the other hand, every redneck in Colorado will probably storm Boulder with an AR-15 in each hand to punish us for our sinful ways, so I wouldn’t be alive to enjoy the inevitable annihilation of the deplorables.

From my FB feed right now. This guy is a church pastor, too.

View attachment 29912
Some of the people that talk about religion the most are the least religious people you'll ever meet. Their piety ends at actually learning anything from The Almighty Jeezy Chreezy.

I mean, fuck... I'm an atheist but I believe that JC was a cool dude with a good message that I follow more than a lot of Christians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back