OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the war didn't end until Obama pulled the troops out so that was well after 2005.

I think after a few months of finding no WMDs, Powell probably figured it out. And being the good solider he is, he didn't resign until the midpoint of Bush's presidency.
we'll never know. water.....meet bridge. :wink:

Wrong. Powell was "asked to resign" (read: fired) by Andrew Card, President Bush's Chief of Staff.

OK, I'm going to start a different rumor about you every day for the next 20 years. Today, it's that you raped a nun in 1990. Tomorrow I'm going to say that you masterminded a plot to steal the kettles from Salvation Army Santas in Ocala, Florida from 2003-2007. You probably won't go to jail for any of it since I'll be making it all up, but in 20 years I'll get to say "Mongooz is a criminal- there have been too many issues for them all to be nothing!"

really......do you really think there is THAT level of grand conspiracy going on against the clintons?

really......do you really think there is THAT level of grand conspiracy going on against the clintons?

That's not a conspiracy, that's hive-mind witch hunting.

At least back in 90s, a handful of Republicans - 15 or so, as I recall - refused to vote along party lines against Clinton re: Lewinsky. I admired that group for having some integrity. Nowadays, it'd be unanimous.

At any rate, it seems far more plausible to me than the conspiracy that you just referenced, that of Trump intentionally throwing the election to get Clinton elected.

At least back in 90s, a handful of Republicans - 15 or so, as I recall - refused to vote along party lines against Clinton re: Lewinsky. I admired that group for having some integrity. Nowadays, it'd be unanimous.

At any rate, it seems far more plausible to me than the conspiracy that you just referenced, that of Trump intentionally throwing the election to get Clinton elected.

i'm not suggesting that conspiracy. i said that pic (and lot's of other things) are what are making some people believe that.
the clinton's are connected to whom ever has power, regardless of party lines. always have been.

Your alternative is to believe in conspiracy theories that have been proven false time and again- which is why the republicans make them up in the first place, because some people WANT to believe them, whether they're true or not. Kinda like the idea that Obama is going to declare martial law and take your guns away. Or that he orchestrated an ammunition shortage. Or that Jade Helm was part of a plot that involved arresting Texans and putting them in FEMA camps in Wal-Marts. Or that Tinky Winky was gay as part of a plot to corrupt America's youth. Or any of the other outlandish bullshit the right spews out on a regular basis to demonize their political enemies and keep people afraid.

I can't help but notice that you haven't denied raping the nun or stealing the Santa kettles. If you were innocent, why wouldn't you do that? There's an awful lot of bad stuff out there about you, some of it must be true.

Exactly. Fact is, the GOP has spent decades attacking the Clintons and their legacy and come November hopefully some of them will see just how fruitless it's been.

i'm not suggesting that conspiracy. i said that pic (and lot's of other things) are what are making some people believe that.
the clinton's are connected to whom ever has power, regardless of party lines. always have been.

If you're going to parties of the rich and famous, you're going to be mingling with the rich and famous.

Having a laugh with a silly prime time television personality isn't treasonous.

Yes, you know all this. Just emphasizing that people are stupid. Conspiracy theorists especially.

The far-right media machine smears and slanders every prominent Dem. Gore, Obama, Michelle Obama...its just what they do. The Clintons were the most prominent at the dawn of the FoxNews era so they've received the most of it. You need only consider your own thought process to realize how effective it can be.

So I haven't really kept up with the Clinton Foundation scandal. Much as I didn't follow Benghazi, because it was driven by the right with an obvious bias. So looking into it this morning, it appears they took money from countries and associated with some bad people. Does this make them bad? I don't know. I know when I was younger, I hung out with some people who ended up being pretty bad.

Greg Larkin is a kid who lived in my neighborhood who I used to skate with all the time.
DJ Brown is a guy I hung out with in high school and college. In college he dated my girlfriend's (now wife) best friend.

rumsfeld-saddam.jpg

Wrong. Powell was "asked to resign" (read: fired) by Andrew Card, President Bush's Chief of Staff.

It was discussed at the time that Powell was extremely unhappy about lying and made that clear to the POTUS/vice-POTUS. Asked to resign is like them selling out an insignificant staffer for outing a CIA operative. The W. Bush administrations practiced a zero-accountability policy...they weren't accountable for anything that people didn't like.

Powell and his colleagues that waged the first Gulf war also criticized the second, warning them that they weren't doing shock and awe properly. Rumsfeld and Cheney thought it would be wrapped up just as quickly as the first war and we all know how that worked out.

Damn, what's up with mongooz.

I mean you think you know a person from posting on a forum with them for years and it turns out he's taping steel kettle drums from the military! Unda da sea!

Damn, what's up with mongooz.

I mean you think you know a person from posting on a forum with them for years and it turns out he's taping steel kettle drums from the military! Unda da sea!

i can't see that at work, so i'm not sure if you're kidding or starting a fight.

i can't see that at work, so i'm not sure if you're kidding or starting a fight.

It's Under the Sea from Little Mermaid...it's the first tune with steel drums that I could think of so I found the link on youtube.

You need to own up to your crimes! Stop taping steel kettle drums from the military...they'll sound all muted!:thu:

Also, I'm a lover not a fighter, but not Ed Lover.

cmonmson.jpg

Last edited:
It's Under the Sea from Little Mermaid...it's the first tune with steel drums that I could think of so I found the link on youtube.

You need to own up to your crimes! Stop taping steel kettle drums from the military...they'll sound all muted!:thu:

Also, I'm a lover not a fight, but not Ed Lover.

cmonmson.jpg
again, can't see the image. also, what does little mermaid have to do with me?

again, can't see the image. also, what does little mermaid have to do with me?

Everyone appreciates great lyrics, and Howard Ashman was an incredibly talented lyricist. Enough said!

Discussions about Disney's finest movies are far too controversial. Let's let it go and return to focusing on politics.

Also, I'm a lover not a fight, but not Ed Lover.

cmonmson.jpg

The Breyers Ice Cream guy (love the Chocolate and still haven't gotten over the change in the chips of your Mint Chocolate Chip) said you raped nuns and stole Salvation Army kettle drums...so doing the pass-it-along game extrapolation I turned it into to you:

taping steel kettle drums from the military...

It's just an attempt at a more straight up comically absurd character assassination. I thought it was completely obvious and have again missed my mark. As they say, a joke's never funny if you have to explain it.

I may have to boycott Breyers ice cream for leading me astray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back