OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I thought about that the other day. She (and Bill) have been through more investigations than any other public figures I can think of and nothing has stuck. No trials for them, no convictions or anything. Which means it is a) either a witch hunt or b) they are the smartest criminals in the history of the world
Well that depends on what the meaning of the word "are" is. :grin:

I heard Glenn Beck say that Ben & Jerry testified under oath that Mongooz stole drums of yellowcake uranium from the military!

you guys DO realize that there are government agencies that watch forums like this and that your f'ing around could actually turn into my reality....right?
stop it.

I really don't believe for a second he wants to be POTUS, he just wants to win.
so....what does he do then if he were to win? he obviously doesn't have the temperment to actually be POTUS. does he just let Pence run the show?
does he give it the first '100 days' and then resign?
hopefully, we'll never find out because he doesn't win.

so....what does he do then if he were to win? he obviously doesn't have the temperment to actually be POTUS. does he just let Pence run the show?
hopefully, we'll never find out because he doesn't win.

Let's Pence run the country, runs the Presidency as if he's Chairman of the Board.

you guys DO realize that there are government agencies that watch forums like this and that your f'ing around could actually turn into my reality....right?
stop it.

1. If the NSA is going to fuck with you about something somebody said on a guitar forum filled with jackasses who are busy raising bullshit to an art form, then we're all fucked already.

2. Now you're beginning to understand how character assassination works. The Clintons have been living with this for nearly 25 years, you're losing your shit after a couple hours and nobody's even serious about it.

Oh, and your KGB handler called- he needs to set up a meet with you. Same place, same time.

If the rumours about him wanting Kasich as his VP, handling all foreign and domestic issues, is true, then yes, Pence would most likely be the President in everything but the title and genuine power.

1. If the NSA is going to fuck with you about something somebody said on a guitar forum filled with jackasses who are busy raising bullshit to an art form, then we're all fucked already.

I've long suspected that tompetty has been a secret agent, deep undercover, on a 15-year infiltration mission. OGG knows something that we don't, and he's gone off the radar before the shit goes down.

If he wins, then it's a fair assumption that the GOP would also have the House and Senate.
So, no.
Unless the GOP *wants* him impeached.

Remember, Pence was not Trump's pick. He was forced on Trump by the GOP. Trump was still trying to figure out how to walk back the initial announcement right up until the official announcement.

I don't find it so far fetched to think that the GOP would join the Democrats to toss Trump out thereby putting a "real" Republican in the White House.

Unless the GOP *wants* him impeached.

Remember, Pence was not Trump's pick. He was forced on Trump by the GOP. Trump was still trying to figure out how to walk back the initial announcement right up until the official announcement.

I don't find it so far fetched to think that the GOP would join the Democrats to toss Trump out thereby putting a "real" Republican in the White House.

Strongly disagree. In this scenario, the Tea Party folks and the far-right would outnumber the old guard by far. Even in the past decade 15 years, Republican representatives have voted in block and towed the line, unanimously. It won't change now. Especially given that such a move would be seen as as the government overstepping the democratic process, and it would ensure that many of them would lose their jobs in the next election.

Strongly disagree. In this scenario, the Tea Party folks and the far-right would outnumber the old guard by far. Even in the past decade 15 years, Republican representatives have voted in block and towed the line, unanimously. It won't change now. Especially given that such a move would be seen as as the government overstepping the democratic process, and it would ensure that many of them would lose their jobs in the next election.

I don't think the GOP has ever worried about "overstepping the democratic process". Look at all the gerrymandering and voter restriction laws ("voter id") they've been working so feverishly on.

The GOP old guard wouldn't have to face the tea party alone. They'd have all of the Democrats on their side.

Trump supporters have short attention spans. If he doesn't deport all Muslims and Hispanics, and have the wall done within 15 minutes of taking the White House, they'll decide he was just another politician, and go back to watching Duck Dynasty. The tea party will pitch a fit, but since all they do is scream about the evils of government day in and day out anyway, no one would pay attention.

But, then again, the impeachment scenario is pretty darned far fetched. Excuse me while I go finish my tin foil hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back