OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, if powell had come out as a republican candidate and pursued it for real, there wouldn't be a trump out there right now. and clinton wouldn't be the next POTUS.
powell could win, hands down, if he really wanted to. imo

If Powell honestly wanted the presidency, and if he was being true to himself and not selling out to ambition ala John McCain, then he'd have pursued the Democratic nomination rather than the GOP's.

Trump would still be Trump. Or someone else would be Trump. The populist right wing has grown enough; this has been a long time coming.

That said, Hilary's record as Secretary of State is probably better than Powell's.

well, if powell had come out as a republican candidate and pursued it for real, there wouldn't be a trump out there right now. and clinton wouldn't be the next POTUS.
powell could win, hands down, if he really wanted to. imo

Powell, at 79, is too old to make a run at the White House.

If Powell honestly wanted the presidency, and if he was being true to himself and not selling out to ambition ala John McCain, then he'd have pursued the Democratic nomination rather than the GOP's.

Trump would still be Trump. Or someone else would be Trump. The populist right wing has grown enough; this has been a long time coming.

That said, Hilary's record as Secretary of State is probably better than Powell's.

which ever party he would be running in, he'd be in front.

powell's record as chairman of the joint chiefs, his record as a soldier and his record sweeping through the first iraq war as if it was a training exercise, is a lot better than hillary's record.

but none of that matters. he's not running.

which ever party he would be running in, he'd be in front.

powell's record as chairman of the joint chiefs, his record as a soldier and his record sweeping through the first iraq war as if it was a training exercise, is a lot better than hillary's record.

but none of that matters. he's not running.

Makes sense. Ulysses S. Grant was an incredible president. And Eisenhower was a terrific president who denounced McCarthy and who supported Brown vs. Board of Education. Oh wait.

yea, because if you really dig into the clinton's history and wrote a book it would be called "Scandals-R-Us" rolleyes1

You know, I thought about that the other day. She (and Bill) have been through more investigations than any other public figures I can think of and nothing has stuck. No trials for them, no convictions or anything. Which means it is a) either a witch hunt or b) they are the smartest criminals in the history of the world

No, but he did sell a bunch of false info to the UN to justify a war with Iraq.
he sold what he thought to be the truth. and as soon as he found out he had been completely lied to by bush, chenny, rumsfeld and tenet, he promptly resigned as SecState. he didn't go along. he didn't try to cover it up or pass it off. and he has since had some unkind words for those crooks.

You know, I thought about that the other day. She (and Bill) have been through more investigations than any other public figures I can think of and nothing has stuck. No trials for them, no convictions or anything. Which means it is a) either a witch hunt or b) they are the smartest criminals in the history of the world

there have been too many issues for them all to be nothing. they are also some of the most highly connected people in the world.

he sold what he thought to be the truth. and as soon as he found out he had been completely lied to by bush, chenny, rumsfeld and tenet, he promptly resigned as SecState. he didn't go along. he didn't try to cover it up or pass it off. and he has since had some unkind words for those crooks.

I don't dislike Powell. I'm just pointing out that without him, the Iraq war may not have happened. To me that is far worse than anything the Clinton Foundation may have done.

And he delivered the speech in 2003 and resigned in 2005. So I guess it took him some time to figure out he was lied to.

I don't dislike Powell. I'm just pointing out that without him, the Iraq war may not have happened. To me that is far worse than anything the Clinton Foundation may have done.

And he delivered the speech in 2003 and resigned in 2005. So I guess it took him some time to figure out he was lied to.
well, it took until after the war was over for anyone else to find out the big lie. the world bought into that war BECAUSE powell was the guy saying it had to happen.
if it would have been chenney or tenet saying it, no one wold have believed them. everyone knows what kind of f'ing liars they are.

there have been too many issues for them all to be nothing. they are also some of the most highly connected people in the world.

But that's the thing. People are complex and things change. We put Saddam Huesien into power because at the time, it seemed like the right thing to do. Hindsight is 20/20. Have the Clintons had dealings with people they shouldn't? In hindsight yes.

TrumpBClinton.png

But that's the thing. People are complex and things change. We put Saddam Huesien into power because at the time, it seemed like the right thing to do. Hindsight is 20/20. Have the Clintons had dealings with people they shouldn't? In hindsight yes.

View attachment 29164
that is exactly the kind of thing that makes a lot of people believe that trump is in this to GET clinton elected.

well, it took until after the war was over for anyone else to find out the big lie. the world bought into that war BECAUSE powell was the guy saying it had to happen.
if it would have been chenney or tenet saying it, no one wold have believed them. everyone knows what kind of f'ing liars they are.

I think after a few months of finding no WMDs, Powell probably figured it out. And being the good solider he is, he didn't resign until the midpoint of Bush's presidency.

Powell was definitely key to selling the war, but that shit was going down no matter what.

Most likely, but it wouldn't have had support from other countries. I don't think anyone else in Bush's circle could have pulled off what Powell did. Powell had the clout to do it and I feel bad for him. I know Powell wouldn't have done it if he knew the intel was bad.

as soon as he found out he had been completely lied to by bush, chenny, rumsfeld and tenet, he promptly resigned as SecState.

Wrong. Powell was "asked to resign" (read: fired) by Andrew Card, President Bush's Chief of Staff.

OK, I'm going to start a different rumor about you every day for the next 20 years. Today, it's that you raped a nun in 1990. Tomorrow I'm going to say that you masterminded a plot to steal the kettles from Salvation Army Santas in Ocala, Florida from 2003-2007. You probably won't go to jail for any of it since I'll be making it all up, but in 20 years I'll get to say "Mongooz is a criminal- there have been too many issues for them all to be nothing!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back