OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought he was 'worth' 10 billion.
The world may never know...
tootsie-pop-owl.jpg

Why do you think he hasn't released his taxes?

The funny thing is he called for Romney to release his when Romney was running.
i would guess the reason he hasn't released his tax returns may be the same reason he is being audited......he's been fudging his taxes.

Also, I should add that I might have considered voting for Stein or Johnson, but both have come out as anti-science morons recently. Johnson thinks people should be allowed to opt out of vaccines, and Stein has positioned herself with the anti-GMO/anti-vaccine crowd...which is really surprising for a physician.

Well, to be strictly fair, Stein has slightly changed the wording of her positions in an attempt to give her plausible deniability with both sane, thinking people and the anti-vaxxer crowd.

i would guess the reason he hasn't released his tax returns may be the same reason he is being audited......he's been fudging his taxes.
Unpossible. Winners never get caught or captured!

His past donations to some very un-GOP approved charities and liberal candidates might not go so well with his base. Likely, his extreme debts and not-as-advertised worth will be damaging.

Unpossible. Winners never get caught or captured!ell

His past donations to some very un-GOP approved charities and liberal candidates might not go so well with his base. Likely, his extreme debts and not-as-advertised worth will be damaging.
well.....we can only hope :grin:

Unpossible. Winners never get caught or captured!

Yeah, I assume his tax returns will show a lot less income than he claims, a painfully low actual income tax rate with tons of loss write offs, and lots of donations to causes that will not sit well with his base. Remember, he is a NYC guy and has a history of donating to some liberal politicians and causes. If there is a check in there to planned parenthood, he loses the evangelicals and a lot of the conservative voters. I imagine the other option would be that he has exploited sketchy loopholes in the tax code and has an income of like 59 bucks and shell companies he owns pay all of his expenses while reporting operating losses and getting tax write offs.

no doubt that Hill and Bill have done stuff that would get any other regular person charged. but they are SO highly connected that there's no way, short of committing murder with all the evidence, that they'd ever get convicted. they are the modern equivalent to the Kennedy's. untouchable.

They are not saints by any stretch of the imagination, but they are lightyears from what the right (and addled Bernie Bros) have painted them as for the past 25 years.

When Hillary talked about the "vast rightwing conspiracy" 20 years ago, she wasn't wrong. It's there, and has been there for 40 years and more.

Guys like Richard Mellon-Scaife, John Olin, the Kochs, et al (and it's a long list) have poured many billions of dollars into influencing public opinion rightward. They have founded and funded major and minor conservative programs, publications and 'think tanks,' like the Heritage Institute, the Manhattan Institute, the Cato Institute, etc., who publish papers and studies much more notable for their rightwing advocacy than for intellectual rigor. There is a major conservative-slanted newspaper that lost money for 33 straight years -- and cost the owners perhaps two billion dollars in the process -- all to to push a conservative view.

Where did this come from? Basically from the Powell Memo, in 1971. A letter written outlining a sweeping, coordinated, long-term strategy to make the conservative viewpoint dominant in the US. These folks willingly allied themselves with conservative religious and white supremacist groups to consolidate a power bloc. And they got a president elected who swiftly began dismantling the Fairness Doctrine

And look at what they have wrought. NewsCorp/FoxNews. Brietbart. NYPost. The Blaze. People like Limbaugh daily on Armed Forces Radio. An AM Talk Radio spectrum that is a wretched hive of rightwing scum and villany ... over the public airwaves.

Last edited:
doesn't matter he used one too. They aren't grilling her because of who told her to use one, just that she used one. If they want to prosecute her, they need to go after him too. I know the FBI cleared her, but the GOP hasn't. So Colin needs a full investigation then too.

I am not saying he should be and this whole thing should be put to rest, but you can't pursue her without looking into him.

Did he also have a Foundation doing shady shit all over the world while he was Secretary of State?

Nope, and it's because of that lack of vision that Clinton is going to be President and Powell is not.
well, if powell had come out as a republican candidate and pursued it for real, there wouldn't be a trump out there right now. and clinton wouldn't be the next POTUS.
powell could win, hands down, if he really wanted to. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back