OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump supporters have short attention spans. If he doesn't deport all Muslims and Hispanics, and have the wall done within 15 minutes of taking the White House, they'll decide he was just another politician, and go back to watching Duck Dynasty.

They'll just blame the Democrats like they always do.

A lot of recent accounts indicate that Cheney really wasn't running the show. Yeah, he wasn't good at his job and was a bad influence. But GWB made his own poor decisions.

I don't believe for a second that Cheney didn't push - or at least inspire - Bush to take many of the stances he did. I don't think George Bush is personally a bad dude, but a lot of the people like Rumsfeld and Cheney that he surrounded himself with are evil motherfuckers.

I don't believe for a second that Cheney didn't push - or at least inspire - Bush to take many of the stances he did. I don't think George Bush is personally a bad dude, but a lot of the people like Rumsfeld and Cheney that he surrounded himself with are evil motherfuckers.
and fucking Tenet. i've seen him in interviews trying to justify all the bad intel that was used to justify going into iraq the second time. evil doesn't even begin to describe him.

and fucking Tenet. i've seen him in interviews trying to justify all the bad intel that was used to justify going into iraq the second time. evil doesn't even begin to describe him.

He might just be delusional. When I worked in intel and counter terrorism there were plenty of people who lived in a nationalistic, America-is-always right, our people never makes mistakes, bubble. It’s a religion to them.

He might just be delusional. When I worked in intel and counter terrorism there were plenty of people who lived in a nationalistic, America-is-always right, our people never makes mistakes, bubble. It’s a religion to them.
yea......you wouldn't believe (or maybe you would) how many folks in the intel world, back in the late 70's, before Iran hostages, would not hear of any possibility of real danger to america from terrorists. to them the IRA/PLO/Red Brigade/Black September......were "over there", not coming here.
then Iran happened and the next year Beruit...and a lot of supposed experts looked like fools.

yea......you wouldn't believe (or maybe you would) how many folks in the intel world, back in the late 70's, before Iran hostages, would not hear of any possibility of real danger to america from terrorists. to them the IRA/PLO/Red Brigade/Black September......were "over there", not coming here.
then Iran happened and the next year Beruit...and a lot of supposed experts looked like fools.

America has had a long history of domestic terrorism, of course.

America has had a long history of domestic terrorism, of course.

Say what, now?

Boston-Tea-Party-Hero-AB.jpeg

be careful.....according to flamencology....all the founding fathers were terrorists.

According to the British, too. Good thing for us the winners write the history books.

Fortunately, they forgave us somewhere around 1917.

I don't dislike Powell. I'm just pointing out that without him, the Iraq war may not have happened. To me that is far worse than anything the Clinton Foundation may have done.

And he delivered the speech in 2003 and resigned in 2005. So I guess it took him some time to figure out he was lied to.
Whatever happened, I didn't want it and felt it was a huge mistake. This was how I felt. (Huh, Neil pops up again.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back