OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
they'd be probably better off to nominate (or try to) Paul Ryan, tho i don't think he'd accept.
maybe i'm wrong.:shrug:

Ryan is too smart and way too much of a careerist to sign on to to helm a sinking ship. The Republican party's only hope is that Trump quits or someone shoots him about two weeks before the election and Santa Claus declares his candidacy for the GOP.

Which will never happen, because everyone knows Santa Claus is a Democrat.

Also, I should add that I might have considered voting for Stein or Johnson, but both have come out as anti-science morons recently. Johnson thinks people should be allowed to opt out of vaccines, and Stein has positioned herself with the anti-GMO/anti-vaccine crowd...which is really surprising for a physician.

And, yeah, I agree Ryan is too smart to be sucked into this shit storm of an election. I don't agree with a lot of his politics, but I agree he is smart enough to see the writing on the wall on this one.

Also, I should add that I might have considered voting for Stein or Johnson, but both have come out as anti-science morons recently. Johnson thinks people should be allowed to opt out of vaccines, and Stein has positioned herself with the anti-GMO/anti-vaccine crowd...which is really surprising for a physician.

:shrug:

I deal with anti-vaccine people daily. I know their lingo and their plans. Stein's comments are about the same type of courting of the anti-vax people as trumps comments are courting racists. It seems like thinly veiled anti-vax propaganda regurgitation to me. She is for vaccinations, but with some hefty and broadly open to interpretation qualifiers of the process of vaccine development, their use, and their regulation.

"Stein clarified that “I’m not aware of evidence linking autism with vaccines.” Some Twitter users reported that she had first sent and then deleted an earlier tweet in response to Meloy, which more clearly stated that there was “no evidence” linking the two. In an email, Stein’s spokeswoman told me that “The deleted tweet was the result of a miscommunication among staffers.” She added that “Dr. Stein has repeatedly articulated her support for vaccination,” and accused the Washington Post piece of being “framed to cast doubt on that question.”

Stein tweeted again, saying “I support vaccinations,” on Monday."

http://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/08/an-anti-vaxer-in-the-white-house/493916/

:shrug:

Fair enough. Stein may be OK after all, but I still am very wary of her comments as she sounds very much like some of the anti-vax people in some statements. I suppose some of it might be out of context and such, so I stand corrected on her position. She is pretty clear in the materials you linked.

Johnson is still an anti-science buffoon on the issue.

All I could find him saying, is very briefly stating that he is anti mandatory vaccination (government bad! GRRR!). Believing that vaccination should be up to the individual/parents, and not the government. Which is in keeping with the general philosophy of the party.

However I haven't seen anything from him saying that he is anti vaccination in general. Has he?

Personally I think Johnson and the party are wrong on this one, and that mandatory vaccination should be uh mandatory. :thu:

There is a reason Stein has had to clarify her position about vaccinations, because she has made some carefully worded statements that were interpreted as pandering to the anti-vaxxers. The doubt about her position didn't just appear out of nowhere.

All I could find him saying, is very briefly stating that he is anti mandatory vaccination (government bad! GRRR!). Believing that vaccination should be up to the individual/parents. Which is in keeping with the general philosophy of the party.

However I haven't seen anything from him saying that he is anti vaccination in general. Has he?

Personally I think Johnson and the party are wrong on this one, and that mandatory vaccination should be uh mandatory.

I have no idea how he feels about vaccines, but the idea, party aligned or not, that vaccinations should be a matter of choice is a really, really bad idea.

Fair enough. Stein may be OK after all, but I still am very wary of her comments as she sounds very much like some of the anti-vax people in some statements. I suppose some of it might be out of context and such, so I stand corrected on her position. She is pretty clear in the materials you linked.

Johnson is still an anti-science buffoon on the issue.

I saw the quote from her saying she supports vaccines but I also saw several articles that said she has changed her stance since running for office. Much like an atheist says he is a Christian because folks won't vote for an atheist.

Who knows, maybe she isn't against them anymore. It's not like it matters, she has a better chance of being hit by lightning than winning.

I do wonder how Pence would do against Clinton, if Trump were to pull out of the race for some reason. Pence would step up if that were to happen, right?

Completely depends on when or if Trump bails. I read something a couple of weeks ago that said if Trump pulls out in September, the RNC won't be able to get a new candidate on the ballot in all 50 states.

Completely depends on when or if Trump bails. I read something a couple of weeks ago that said if Trump pulls out in September, the RNC won't be able to get a new candidate on the ballot in all 50 states.
if he pulls out at all, then the conspiracy theorists were right. his original intent was to crash the GOP to the ground. not become POTUS, imo.

I saw the quote from her saying she supports vaccines but I also saw several articles that said she has changed her stance since running for office. Much like an atheist says he is a Christian because folks won't vote for an atheist.

Who knows, maybe she isn't against them anymore. It's not like it matters, she has a better chance of being hit by lightning than winning.
She'd have a better chance of winning if she were hit by lightning.

They've already passed the 50 states mark. I think after the second week of September they can't get on enough red state ballots to have any hope of a win, barring a write-in campaign miracle.

I think the post-deadline ballots would read "Trump", but a vote for him would go to the GOP candidate, whoever it was at that time.

I think the post-deadline ballots would read "Trump", but a vote for him would go to the GOP candidate, whoever it was at that time.

Agreed. From what I understand, the mid-September date that's floated around is the latest Trump could drop out and still give the RNC time to agree on a candidate.

I have no idea how he feels about vaccines, but the idea, party aligned or not, that vaccinations should be a matter of choice is a really, really bad idea.
I think that anti-vaccination people should all be allowed to start their own country on an island far away so that they can enjoy their polio in peace. And from what I've experienced in real life the only medical "professionals" they will have available will be chiropractors who are also chemtrail experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back