OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Trump team remind me of Charlie Sheen when he was #winning with #tigerblood.
Trump-Sheen-.jpg

Well, just look at the death sentence. One would think that would sway one from committing murder, and all killings would stop. I don't think it even passes their mind.

So since we are playing the what if...

Say Joe gun collector turns in most of his banned weapons, but keeps a keepsake Colt revolver that was handed down in his family from his great grandfather?

If that gun was somehow discovered, you (sic) would advocate the death penalty?

That's not an America I'm willing to tolerate.

No, I am strongly opposed to the death penalty for any crime. I said life in prison.

Again, I'm not advocating this at all, just pointing out it could be done.

I can't tolerate an America where I have to worry some whack job is going to walk into my kids school and start shooting people.

I can't tolerate an America where I have to worry some whack job is going to walk into my kids school and start shooting people.

as opposed to pulling up in a van with 2 or 3 50 gallon drums full of deisel and fertilizer and blowing the whole building up with one push of a button?

just sayin'.

as opposed to pulling up in a van with 2 or 3 50 gallon drums full of deisel and fertilizer and blowing the whole building up with one push of a button?

just sayin'.

When that happens we'll talk. And when it does, they actually do something about it because there is no NRA for fertilizer lining the pockets of congress.

oklahoma city

" In June 1995, Congress enacted legislation requiring chemical taggants to be incorporated into dynamite and other explosives so that a bomb could be traced to its manufacturer."

Congress immediately did something in 2 months. They also tried to require ID when buying ammonium nitrate fertilizer, and for sellers to maintain records of its sale. But farming states shot it down because farmers need to buy it.

And that was one incident.

What has congress done about gun violence after the umpteenth school/public massacres? Nada, zilch, zero.

just sayin'.

When that happens we'll talk. And when it does, they actually do something about it because there is no NRA for fertilizer lining the pockets of congress.

oklahoma city

The government did multiple things about it.

also:

"As it's proposed, the "Ammonium Nitrate Security Program" would require those who purchase, sell or transfer at least 25 pounds of the chemical in the U.S. to register with the government so that they may be screened against U.S. terror watch lists, according to a homeland security official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the proposal had not formally been published. Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh used 4,000 pounds of ammonium nitrate to blow up the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in 1995."

So if I want to buy ammonium nitrate for a truck bomb, I either have to invest in fake paperwork or just not give a shit if I get found out. Nothing the government did will actually stop me from buying the ammonium nitrate.

I keep telling gun nuts- "20 fucking kids got murdered at Sandy Hook and no gun laws got passed- don't worry, Crooked Hillary isn't going to be able to take your guns away."

Over here guns are illegal as well and most knives ( and most other weapons) and we do not have the death sentence.

just sayin'.

yeah, that's exactly what happened here after guns were banned after the Dunblane shooting in 1996.

oh wait, it didn't :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back