OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
something tells me that if the gop were going to replace trump (if he quit) they'd be nominating Kasich. he's more electable than Cruz and more sensible. (i know, kerouc doesn't agree).

Oh, I agree he's more sensible than Trump or Cruz, but that isn't saying much at all. He's still utterly unqualified to be President and isn't going to win a re-election in Ohio. His Ohio victory was just a middle finger to Trump.

Oh, I agree he's more sensible than Trump or Cruz, but that isn't saying much at all. He's still utterly unqualified to be President and isn't going to win a re-election in Ohio. His Ohio victory was just a middle finger to Trump.

I voted for Kasich here in New York as a Trump protest vote. I wouldn't vote for him in a general election.

I hate to admit it, but part of me is loving this.
For those of us with a lot of (now former) Republicans among friends and family, it's gratifying to see their proverbial chickens coming home to roost. After decades of convincing their electorate to vote against their own interests, it finally blew up on them. It's like seeing an addict or compulsive liar hit bottom.

It's like seeing an addict or compulsive liar hit bottom.

What scares me is that this probably isn't the bottom. Unless the party and the media put some ethical standards in place to keep cranks from running GOP POTUS campaigns to sell books and land speaking jobs the 2020 campaign will be another shitshow.

For those of us with a lot of (now former) Republicans among friends and family, it's gratifying to see their proverbial chickens coming home to roost. After decades of convincing their electorate to vote against their own interests, it finally blew up on them. It's like seeing an addict or compulsive liar hit bottom.

It would be scary if there was 5% support for Trump so gratifying is dwarfed by horrifying when the real numbers are currently over 40%.

I just listened to that video of the unfiltered voices at the Trump rallies. It's so out there that my inner self says "that's gotta be fake" but it's probably real.

It would be scary if there was 5% support for Trump so gratifying is dwarfed by horrifying when the real numbers are currently over 40%.

I just listened to that video of the unfiltered voices at the Trump rallies. It's so out there that my inner self says "that's gotta be fake" but it's probably real.
let's keep reality in focus. that's 40% of the 1100 people they polled that were ALL registered republicans.
that IS NOT 40% of the full population of the USA.
so take a breath and remember that these polls ONLY poll 1000 to 2000 people and are ALWAYS of the person in question's own party.

Pfft. Facts. You can say anything with facts. Exhibit A:

13669066_10105087994659812_7630132830320994522_n.jpg
This was my response when somebody else posted this on faecbuk:

Actually, in 1960 it was a four-way race.

The Southern Democrats had officially split away from the Democratic Party in 1860 as a separate party. John C Breckenridge was their nominee. After

There was also the Constitutional Union Party which formed as a brand new party in 1860. John Bell was their nominee.

The Republican Party formed in 1854 and Lincoln was their SECOND run for president.

The original Democratic Party, which was founded in 1828 and continues through today was actually the only party that had previously had a presidential nominee. For this election it was considered the Northern Democratic Party. Their nominee, Stephen A Douglas, was actually beaten handily by all three new parties in the electoral college but beat the combined popular vote of the two newcomers by a wide margin (which shows how skewed the electoral college system can be).

Of the four parties, the Republican Party and the Democratic Party were the two major parties since neither was newly formed for that election, thus making Lincoln not the third party candidate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1860

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back