OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
that just goes to show how f'ing stupid/crazy his supporters are. they can't even do simple 4th grade math. Khan died in 2004. Obama wasn't anywhere near being in the whitehouse then.
but the really sad thing is that there are tons of folks out there that are going...."yea......it's obama's fault khan died....yea.....yea......" and are buying into it.
the dumbing down of america has been achieved.

and all the while we're teaching kids that 3 + 5 does not equal 8. only 1+2+3+2 equals 8. you can't find anyone under the age of 30 (40?) that can even DO manual long division.
without a calculator/smart phone americans can't do math, period.
f'ing bullshit.
I'm amazed that the GOP rhetoric isn't that Obama started the Civil War and that Lincoln had to defeat him.

The cursive hands taught in American schools are shit and they need to die. I don’t have anything against cursive scripts—I can write in several cursive styles with pens and brushes—but I just don’t see any point teaching kids some ugly watered down version of early twentieth century business penmanship. What we need to do is dump the shitty cursive and shitty print hands taught in American schools, teach the plain chancery italic that’s been used in books since the 1500s, and let the kids who can write fast enough to connect their letters do so.
I tend to be a bit of a traditionalist, but I have to agree with you. I'm in my 50's and haven't felt the need to write in cursive since I was in grade school. If anything, they should teach it just enough so kids can read it, but as far as writing it goes, that time would probably be better spent just getting them familiar with a keyboard early on. This is assuming they have enough general pen skills like being able to at least craft a letter with a pen and paper.

I tend to be a bit of a traditionalist, but I have to agree with you. I'm in my 50's and haven't felt the need to write in cursive since I was in grade school. If anything, they should teach it just enough so kids can read it, but as far as writing it goes, that time would probably be better spent just getting them familiar with a keyboard early on. This is assuming they have enough general pen skills like being able to at least craft a letter with a pen and paper.

That's been our experience now.

The schools that don't teach cursive at all are a part of Obama's secret Muslim conspiracy to destroy the USA. When the kids can no longer read in the original text that they can have guns Hitler's ghost is going to come take them away.

Want to buy some gold?

North of the border here in Canuckistan, most people realize that Hillary is a horrible candidate but that Trump is absolutely scary. The mere fact that he has never been elected to anything prior to this seems glaring along with the apparent fact that his only real success has been his stupid tv show. Everything else has been a failure aside from his knack for ensuring that he comes out of any wreck better off regardless of the collateral damage.

That's the view from up here anyway.

North of the border here in Canuckistan, most people realize that Hillary is a horrible candidate but that Trump is absolutely scary. The mere fact that he has never been elected to anything prior to this seems glaring along with the apparent fact that his only real success has been his stupid tv show. Everything else has been a failure aside from his knack for ensuring that he comes out of any wreck better off regardless of the collateral damage.

That's the view from up here anyway.

People are tired of politicians! We want to elect someone that has no experience, will shake things up, and crush us plebes under the weight of his empire, because money is good, right?

Canada ixnayed the penny about 3 years ago, and it's worked terrifically. Tell them to replace the $1 and $2 bills with coins while they're at it.

They listened!

440px-LineartPresRev.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back