OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait 'til Trump comes out with those pastel red, white & blue Hope bumper stickers.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1468959774.199119.jpg

the radical christians love to claim that america (USA) was created by christians, under god. they fail to see that there is only one mention of god in the declaration, and it says "laws of nature and nature's god", not the christian god, or the god of abraham or the god of jesus....."nature's god". (hinting strongly that most of the founding fathers were really deists, and certainly not evangelical christians.)

then in the next paragraph, the most famous line "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness".

note that is says "creator", not God. again, not founded by christians for christians.

they just can't wrap their head around their 'un-specialness'.

Same with the Constitution, it only says "Lord" in the signature date (on this day in the year of our Lord, as was common practice in legal documents of the time). I think the framers were very careful to avoid inserting any religion in the document beyond protecting freedom of worship and preventing any religious standard be imposed for office. Based on the personal writings of all of these individuals, it is very clear they did this intentionally, and wanted a clear separation of church and state. Some of those men were profoundly religious. Even back then the country was a mixing pot of religions, and the idea and danger of a single religion becoming the state were apparent.

He was GWB's errand boy who lied to the UN to justify the Iraq war. DQ'd.
he was lied to by W, cheney and rumsfeld, and the cia director. he didn't intentionally lie to the UN. he told them what he was hood winked into believing.
as soon as he found out he was lied to he resigned. and has not had very nice things to say about the trinity of evil since.

he was lied to by W, cheney and rumsfeld, and the cia director. he didn't intentionally lie to the UN. he told them what he was hood winked into believing.
as soon as he found out he was lied to he resigned. and has not had very nice things to say about the trinity of evil since.
Politics in America...gotta love it. :sigh:

I think we had a great person for the job for 8 years. But there's only so much that could be accomplished with an obstructionist house and senate.

For better or worse, a significant portion of the job is working with the opposition party in the legislature. I fear that had the Republicans not been historically obstructionist, that big business legislation like the TPP would have been passed a lot easier.

For better or worse, a significant portion of the job is working with the opposition party in the legislature. I fear that had the Republicans not been historically obstructionist, that big business legislation like the TPP would have been passed a lot easier.

Yeah, but the most productive legislative runs in the history of the country have been under liberal super-majorities. Lincoln wouldn't have been able to get anything done whatsoever if the south hadn't been gun crazy.

This isn't a new trend.

Yeah, but the most productive legislative runs in the history of the country have been under liberal super-majorities. Lincoln wouldn't have been able to get anything done whatsoever if the south hadn't been gun crazy.

This isn't a new trend.

That's a party problem for the Democrats. The Republicans may be the party of bad ideas, but the Democrats have no cohesion. So even when they have a majority, their legislations gets watered down. Going forward, Hillary may win the Presidency, but she'll still have to deal with a Republican House and Senate. That majority isn't going away this cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back