OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
McConnell will die in office. He thinks he's a monomoniacal genius playing house of cards. And he's so stupid and arrogant that he just released a book about it. He's like Palin; too stupid to even realize that he's up to his neck in his own shit.

“The big trouble with dumb bastards is that they are too dumb to believe there is such a thing as being smart.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
kurt_vonnegut.jpg

OMG, Ben Carson is just stringing words together.

I just farted and said something more substantial.

I changed it back just in time to hear that the Progressive Secular Agenda is removing God from their lives and the principles this country was founded on. :messedup:

There will be no nose-holding when I vote for her. Even before she pledged a campaign finance amendment, the fact was that she'll appoint justices who will overturn Citizens United at the first chance is enough for me. I'm not a single-issue voter, but that single issue mucks up every other issue I care about. She can do whatever she wants for four year and can't do as much damage as that ruling will do in the long run.

Well, I will hold my nose on the patriot act and a few other things. but not on the vote.

A Tale of Two Facebooks

So, here and on Facebook, I've got a lot of Dem friends. The overriding message, 1 vote for Hillary or Trump will be the Prez. 2 vote for Hillary or Supreme court will be fucked for years.

What I've caught of the GOP convention, the exact same message but, switch the names.

The Dems and the GOP have the same problem, a candidate most don't want to vote for. GOP's problem is much bigger obviously, they have Trump.

Yesterday, Facebook was filled with Melania's Michelle's speech, "one in a trillion chance it wasn't plagiarism".
Today, the republican response. :grin: All my Republican friends are defending her, how obvious it wasn't copied.

My question is, do you think they copied her speech on purpose? They knew their base is so stupid, they will believe anything and, more importantly rally around her.

Hmmm, borrowing things seems rather common for the campaign. I think someone on staff got lazy and copied a bunch of sentences from past first lady speeches. The Obama ones stood out the most, but i bet if one were to really dig you could find other content and organization cues from other speeches. I think they thought by taking the best parts of past work, they could nail the perfect speech. It didn't work. As I posted earlier, the first lady speech at the pre-election campaign isn't worth much, and people were only paying attention to it now as Trump's wife has been pretty silent on the campaign trail, and she is a foreign born immigrant fashion model. These first lady speeches are usually boring dribble filled with exactly the same crap that Trump's wife spat out, so even if she wrote it 100% from scratch, the expectation of content from history would make for a speech pretty homogeneous with previous efforts. Her writers should have focused on her being an immigrant and the American dream, as this could have solidified her husband's vague and troubling immigration comments. He had the nomination locked up by then, so he had a chance to back off on the angry xenophobia and go more mainstream to get moderate votes.

rs-189998-18692_lg.jpg

Last edited:
The plagiarized speech feels like anytime i have to write a letter of recommendation or a cover letter or something--Google for a template, change the necessary information, hit print and go. Of course, I'm not a speech writer working for a presidential campaign.

My question is, do you think they copied her speech on purpose? They knew their base is so stupid, they will believe anything and, more importantly rally around her.

I think they realize it doesn't matter. Anyone who's bothered by the fact she plagiarized the speech wasn't going to vote for Trump anyway, and the people who WOULD vote fro Trump don't give a shit. Hell, they probably plagiarized plenty when they were in grade school so who cares?

From the brains of a brain surgeon... :facepalm:

One of the things that I have learned about Hillary Clinton is that one of her heroes, her mentors, was Saul Alinsky.

And her senior thesis was about Saul Alinsky.

This was someone that she greatly admired and that affected all of her philosophies, subsequently. Now interestingly enough, let me tell you something about Saul Alinsky. He wrote a book called Rules for Radicals. On the dedication page, it acknowledges Lucifer, the original radical who gained his own kingdom.

Now think about that. This is a nation where our founding document, the Declaration of Independence, talks about certain inalienable rights that come from our Creator. This is a nation where our Pledge of Allegiance says we are one nation “Under God.” This is a nation where every coin in our pocket and every bill in our wallet says “In God We Trust.” So are we willing to elect someone as President who has as their role model, somebody who acknowledges Lucifer? Think about that!​

Reactions: Tig
From the brains of a brain surgeon... :facepalm:

One of the things that I have learned about Hillary Clinton is that one of her heroes, her mentors, was Saul Alinsky.

And her senior thesis was about Saul Alinsky.

This was someone that she greatly admired and that affected all of her philosophies, subsequently. Now interestingly enough, let me tell you something about Saul Alinsky. He wrote a book called Rules for Radicals. On the dedication page, it acknowledges Lucifer, the original radical who gained his own kingdom.

Now think about that. This is a nation where our founding document, the Declaration of Independence, talks about certain inalienable rights that come from our Creator. This is a nation where our Pledge of Allegiance says we are one nation “Under God.” This is a nation where every coin in our pocket and every bill in our wallet says “In God We Trust.” So are we willing to elect someone as President who has as their role model, somebody who acknowledges Lucifer? Think about that!​

It was at that point I turned the broadcast off.

Yesterday, Facebook was filled with Melania's Michelle's speech, "one in a trillion chance it wasn't plagiarism".
Today, the republican response. :grin: All my Republican friends are defending her, how obvious it wasn't copied.

I feel kind of bad for Melania. I guarantee you she did not write that speech, it was handed to her and she had to (probably reluctantly) deliver it with all the enthusiasm she could muster. Now she's getting nothing but ridicule for it. She may be the first in line to vote for Hillary so she doesn't have to bear 4 years of that.

I was wondering the same thing about whether or not they copied it on purpose. I mean, either the staffer that wrote the speech is so dumb he figured nobody would notice, or he did it on purpose to generate buzz. Like @Beyer160 said, in the long run it really won't matter, but for the next week all we'll hear about is Melania's speech instead of the sideshow that is the convention. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back