OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trumps performance on the NATO-meeting reminds me of C Wright-Mills term "the military-industrial complex". USA already have 3,5 % of GBP for military expenses, and Trump wants all NATO-members to come close to that number too. It´s insane to spend that much on the military if there is no war coming, and it isn´t, and who who´s gonna deliver the weapons? The military industry, probably mostly the American.

Trumps performance on the NATO-meeting reminds me of C Wright-Mills term "the military-industrial complex". USA already have 3,5 % of GBP for military expenses, and Trump wants all NATO-members to come close to that number too. It´s insane to spend that much on the military if there is no war coming, and it isn´t, and who who´s gonna deliver the weapons? The military industry, probably mostly the American.
i'm sure it would be interesting to see how much $$ the military industry 'donated' to elected officials.
sell more products.

i'm sure it would be interesting to see how much $$ the military industry 'donated' to elected officials.
sell more products.

It's even more involved than that. Most weapons systems are produced with a carefully curated set of subcontractors from strategically selected Congressional districts calculated to ensure the necessary support for all of the cost overruns, lily-gilding, and spare-parts inflation that go along with a major military procurement action. It's a science that has been carefully calculated to ensure that political support for these things is assured.

Topical today:

37078653_650071402029331_5413231463954907136_n.png

It's even more involved than that. Most weapons systems are produced with a carefully curated set of subcontractors from strategically selected Congressional districts calculated to ensure the necessary support for all of the cost overruns, lily-gilding, and spare-parts inflation that go along with a major military procurement action. It's a science that has been carefully calculated to ensure that political support for these things is assured.

Yes, and it´s not the "clean coal" miners that has got the biggest part of the cake. The military has got so much more. And now the NATO-members: how many have their own weapon industry? Not so many, at least not at the latest technological level, so most of them have to buy…. from the defence industry in the USA.

Yes, and it´s not the "clean coal" miners that has got the biggest part of the cake. The military has got so much more. And now the NATO-members: how many have their own weapon industry? Not so many, at least not at the latest technological level, so most of them have to buy…. from the defence industry in the USA.

the only serious military grade weapons industries in the world are China, Russia and us. so unless NATO is buying from the 'bad guys'......guess who that are buying from?
(i get that several NATO countries make their own fighter jet and maybe a tank, but not all the missle systems and military satellite stuff, etc.)

really strange for trump to admit he has no agenda for the meeting w putin and hadn't even thought about asking him to extradite the 12 russians who hacked the election. he hasn't gone to Iraq or Afghanistan to visit our troops at war but has the time to sit down with the guy who got him elected with no real purpose for the meeting other than whatever putin wants to talk about.

at what point does he just say he works for putin now? i mean his supporters would be fine with it, would it really change anything?

really strange for trump to admit he has no agenda for the meeting w putin and hadn't even thought about asking him to extradite the 12 russians who hacked the election. he hasn't gone to Iraq or Afghanistan to visit our troops at war but has the time to sit down with the guy who got him elected with no real purpose for the meeting other than whatever putin wants to talk about.

at what point does he just say he works for putin now? i mean his supporters would be fine with it, would it really change anything?

Clearly it is Trumps 1:1 meeting leading up to his performance review.

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 9.40.30 AM.png

Russian foreign minister calls Trump-Putin talks "magnificent"

From CNN’s Mary Ilyushina

c7502ac6-6bcb-45db-83cf-159ba14199eb.jpg

Photo by Madoka Ikegami-Pool/Getty Images

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said that the talks between the Russian President Vladimir Putin and US President Trump were “magnificent," Russian media reports.

He added that the talks were "better than super."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back