OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've never commented in any political thread even once, but this was too hard to pass up!

Quote (By former senate majority leader Trent Lott) : "It's something that we should think about, America, about putting guns in the hands of law abiding citizens, the good guys, whether they be teachers, or whether they actually be talented children, or highly trained preschoolers..."

Watching all of this happen from the safety of Canada is , at once, highly entertaining & highly alarming. What is happening to these peoples reasoning abilities? It's really bizarre- is it something in the water? Cell phone radiation? Cultural stagnation? Looks almost like America is rotting from within. :disrelieved::kissingsmiling:

I don’t think there is anything wrong with their reasoning abilities. It comes down to them willing to say anything their donors (the NRA) wants them to. They will say or do anything to get the money in their campaign purse so they can stay in office.

i'm TRYING to be a little optimistic (yea yea yea....[rolls eyes] ) that these neo-nazis are not the majority in this country.
but holy shiite, it's gonna take generations to fix this bullshit, IF it can be fixed.

i'm TRYING to be a little optimistic (yea yea yea....[rolls eyes] ) that these neo-nazis are not the majority in this country.
but holy shiite, it's gonna take generations to fix this bullshit, IF it can be fixed.

their percentage of the population of this country is insignificant. They just get a lot of airtime. Whites are rapidly decreasing their majority in this country and it's still being predicted that soon it will be impossible for Republicans to win many elections. That trend hasn't slowed down at all.

their percentage of the population of this country is insignificant. They just get a lot of airtime. Whites are rapidly decreasing their majority in this country and it's still being predicted that soon it will be impossible for Republicans to win many elections. That trend hasn't slowed down at all.

That’s because they control the state houses, and as such, the election machinery and redistricting.

Thus the pushback on immigration and refugees. Of course, for the past several decades they've been lucky enough to have brown people to target, which makes it easy to get the racists and alt-right on board. The real test will be if someday those same people have to deal with a new massive wave of immigration of more classically "European" people.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with their reasoning abilities. It comes down to them willing to say anything their donors (the NRA) wants them to. They will say or do anything to get the money in their campaign purse so they can stay in office.

I know someone who says that it's really the NRA that controls America. Maybe he's not far off.

I know someone who says that it's really the NRA that controls America. Maybe he's not far off.

It won’t be long before the NRA is the paramilitary wing of the US government. It will be interesting to see who controls who in that two-sided parasitic relationship. It’s not like Iran where there’s one religion and the guy at the top is all powerful, or Venezuela where there’s still enormous popular support for the dictator.

Trump sits down with Putin after denouncing past U.S. policy on Russia
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...=Feed:+reuters/topNews+(News+/+US+/+Top+News)

"U.S. President Donald Trump sat down with Vladimir Putin for a long-awaited summit on Monday saying he wanted good relations with Russia, after blaming Washington’s own past “foolishness and stupidity” for the countries’ hostile ties.;

“I’ve been saying, and I’m sure you’ve heard over the years...that getting along with Russia is a good thing not a bad thing,” Trump said, seated next to Putin at the start of talks in an ornate presidential palace in neutral Finland."

well, i guess Khrushchev will finally be proved right.

Mueller needs to shit or get off the pot!!!

Trump dolled himself up with fresh hair dye and spray tan for today's performance eval with the boss.

Last edited:
Mueller isn't going to save this country.

For the umpteenth time, despite everyone's assertion the "no one is above the law", a sitting president is answerable ONLY to congress, and congress has more than proven they have zero intentions of holding Trump accountable for anything. That the republicans are throwing their full weight behind stopping the Mueller investigation while ignoring the warnings of the CIA, FBI, and the Director of National Intelligence tells you all you need to know.

While the house may go blue in the midterms, there's little chance the Senate will, and certainly will not get the 2/3 needed to convict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back