OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
31039483-057B-4E35-B34E-ADE79E332B71.jpeg

My favorite internetz of the day:

Henry Ford promoted square dancing to counteract the evil Jewish promotion of jazz. Apparently, the Jews wanted to replace the white Protestants with a more pliable black underclass that they could rule over so they used jazz as an instrument of cultural destruction. Or something,

STEINBERG: Henry Ford, America’s hateful square dance instructor

https://chicago.suntimes.com/column...ord-americas-hateful-square-dance-instructor/

Not for the last 50 years or so. Bastard has basically become a synonym for "asshole", and used only with males.

When someone says "You bastard", they aren't casting doubts upon your parents marital status when you were born.

so should we now link to this message as the definite bastard definition (is that redundant) in this thread?

but to argue the point, most people don't know where any of the expression they use come from. That doesn't change the definition of the word, necessarily. Like when I say S'blood! people forget that it's referring God's blood. Oh wait I never say s'blood. A better example is if I call you a lubberwort.

I just have trouble understanding how we are having to even have a discussion on how complaining about racist remarks is not reverse discrimination and the like. Still. Must be my own cognitive dissonance, based on a belief on the basic common intelligence of most humans. Apparently I was wrong.

THE “REVERSE RACISM IS A REAL THING” BINGO CARD
HERSHAL PANDYA

View attachment 41175

That is funny and there are many recognizable sayings on there. But some of those expressions are ones typically used by people from generations whose early years preceded the current assumptions about ethical behavior related to race, ethnicity, or sexual identity. To take offense at white senior citizens who truly think they are expressing good will by saying they don't see race, or I really like Tiger Woods is just a way of keeping everyone separate and hostile. My argument is that you don't have to be an exceptional person to do what has become commonplace in your own upbringing and education (i.e. an insensitive idiot can figure out what's politically correct and acceptable). It takes much more independent thought and courage to go against the assumptions of your childhood, for people born in the 30s, 40s, 50, and actually try to reach out and embrace cultures that you were once segregated from. I don't think it's productive to criticize the ways they may come up with to express their change

And what ethnic group is immune from self reflection on how they view and stereotype people?

View attachment 41183

I'm trying to see the actual equivalency that makes this a double standard.
BECAUSE FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS IN AMERICA RICH FAT WHITE MEN HAVE BEEN ENSLAVED, RAPED, AND COMPARED TO COMMON ANIMALS BY ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, AND TO CONTINUE THIS COMPARISON IN THIS DAY AND AGE IS RACIST AND UNFAIR AND ..... UM.... HILLARY SOLD BILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF URANIUM OUT OF THE BASEMENT OF HER CHILD SEX RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So @Mark Wein posted something on his FB feed (you can go look if you are curious) that made me smile. As I said there, I have been a bit discouraged by today's news. This (Mark's post) is a good reminder of my son Dane's favorite hobbit movie quote, Samwise Gamgee: "There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back