Jangle sound. Mostly in Rock/pop context. What guitars?

In all seriousness, some day, I will likely get a 12 string of some kind. I really do think I would enjoy one. Not now though. For now, I will use guitars I have with some of the suggested techniques and effects I already own, and get the jangley playing thing going for myself. Thanks for all the help!

This 18 string thing sounds pretty good. I think it just kicked the Super Fuzz off my board. LOL.
That eventide is expensive used. That Digitech Whammy Five @Modern Saint posted, if it works for what I want, could boot the old school Snarling Dog off the board and take its place. And that and the stuff in the M9 could then just get me there, and I would have one fewer guitars to string.

That eventide is expensive used. That Digitech Whammy Five @Modern Saint posted, if it works for what I want, could boot the old school Snarling Dog off the board and take its place. And that and the stuff in the M9 could then just get me there, and I would have one fewer guitars to string.

I replaced the Whammy with the Eventide. Honestly, just use the M9. It'll take a bit of programming, but it's just as good or better than most of what's out there. Eventide excluded. :embarrassed:

I think Ricks are overrated for jangle. Or, maybe, underrated for everything else. A lot of the early Who was on a Rick, and that's as much kerang as jangle. Heck, half of the pictures I see of CCR have John on a Rick, and they don't jangle.

I think Ricks are overrated for jangle. Or, maybe, underrated for everything else. A lot of the early Who was on a Rick, and that's as much kerang as jangle. Heck, half of the pictures I see of CCR have John on a Rick, and they don't jangle.
Attack on the strings and guitar? Townsend and Fogerty, from performances I have seen, appear to have a different attack from say Peter Buck or McGuinn. Not that kerang is bad. I like kerang. (Though I am not really into a CCR sound). Just different, from different players.

Mick on Pedal Guys just did a thing on that, on how he has changed how hard he hits or picks/plays as opposed to the days he was trying to be SRV, and how much more texture and tonality he gets out of his strat.

Pick attack is everything. Moving to a 2mm Ultex pick has given me more dynamic range than I've ever had before.

Attack on the strings and guitar? Townsend and Fogerty, from performances I have seen, appear to have a different attack from say Peter Buck or McGuinn. Not that kerang is bad. I like kerang. (Though I am not really into a CCR sound). Just different, from different players.
I love both of those bands. I'm just reiterating the point that gear doesn't make the sound, even when it's as correlated as Ricks and jangle.

I love both of those bands. I'm just reiterating the point that gear doesn't make the sound, even when it's as correlated as Ricks and jangle.
We are in agreement, I believe.

Unless it is a very authentic 12 string type of jangle, which apparently almost requires a 12 string. I am going with the good enough, and work on my own playing to get the sound I want, approach first.

@Peen Simmons

Custom 12 String Electric - Solid Alder Body - A Heavyweight! Wired for sound with Stars and Stripes
https://reverb.com/item/35327519-cu...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=35327519
A0E8228D-0BB5-4AA8-ADBC-BA69833FB6DC.jpeg

Back