2022 Concert Thread

I accidentally saw the last half hour of a Bare Naked Ladies concert last night at this theme park. Never had strong feelings about them, and they weren't quite hitting the high notes, but it was a good show.

Hey now!

0532D3AB-8EB7-4612-B058-48FAB6B5C528.jpeg

That's who you saw at Red Rocks Amphitheater right?
Yep. That photo (not mine) is actually from the Red Rocks show.

Ms. Dmn and I saw Jose Gonzalez the other night at the same venue where we first saw Khruangbin back in '17 or '18. We hadn't been there in a while and we were reminded of how small that theater is. It amazes (but doesn't surprise) me that they're headlining big venues now, and it's been a treat to follow their trajectory. They're a killer live band.

Yep. That photo (not mine) is actually from the Red Rocks show.

Ms. Dmn and I saw Jose Gonzalez the other night at the same venue where we first saw Khruangbin back in '17 or '18. We hadn't been there in a while and we were reminded of how small that theater is. It amazes (but doesn't surprise) me that they're headlining big venues now, and it's been a treat to follow their trajectory. They're a killer live band.
How was Jose? I love his music.
Also, just a reminder we leave for Switzerland on Sunday for Zermatt Unplugged. In case anyone forgot and needed to be jealous again. :)

How was Jose? I love his music.
It was a sweet evening, really nice vibe and a great performance. There's a good sushi place across from the theater so we got some dinner before the show and we were seated next to him, so that was kind of fun.

Gaslight Anthem have reformed!!!

They're in Edinburgh in August but I'm gigging that night so Mrs JBJ has suggested going to Berlin to see them :dude:

We've added 2 DMB weekends in early July (SPAC Camden) to go along w/ BNL and Toad at Wolf Trap. With our oldest heading to college, we may not many (or any) more shows than that this summer. That said, Isbell's playing 2 nights at Wolf Trap, but co-headlining w/ Sheryl Crow who I lack any interest in. But they also have Lyle Lovett/Chris Isaac, Black Crowes, Hornsby, Bela Fleck, Tedeschi Trucks (but only one show this year), Ziggy Marley, Elvis, and few other shows I'd love to see. Hoping to hit the lawn with the family for the Marley show.

The Avetts are only playing as part of the Outlaw Festival near us, and I'm not interested in a whole day show. If Billy Strings were playing at the MPP gig, I'd prolly go though, but it's Zach Bryan in between two Strings shows...

Tried to get Macca tix for Camden Yards, but it didn't pan out. Wanted to take the whole family to see the legend. I saw him in '90 at Giants Stadium...prolly the only gig he didn't play Maybe I'm Amazed...honestly still a bit chaffed about that oversight.

Gaslight Anthem have reformed!!!

They're in Edinburgh in August but I'm gigging that night so Mrs JBJ has suggested going to Berlin to see them :dude:

I had no idea. They are playing here Oct 5. I’ll have to snag some tickets.

Reactions: jbj
Have (rescheduled) tickets to see Courtney Barnett in July and then in September I think it's time to see Johnny Marr (although he's technically the "special guest" of the Killers, but I'm there for Marr).

We've added a couple. Barenaked Ladies with Gin Blossoms and Toad the Wet Sprocket in July, taking my mom and sis - they're mainly wanting to see Toad, I'm going because Gin Blossoms.

One Republic. also in July, going because my mom and sis can't go to a show without someone to help navigate. I might enjoy it. I supposed I should check out a song or two of theirs before going, I'm really not familiar.

And, most exciting, got tix for the My Chemical Romance reunion tour when they hit Cincy in August, now that it's finally happening. I'm psyched for that one, taking Mrs Aahzz, my daughter, and mom.

Apparently I missed Eric Johnson on the 15th. I really should start looking at shows. Damn it!

Back