2022 Concert Thread

Awesome, I'm jealous. What a great fucking clip, I was meaning to start a thread about his use of an acoustic and his pedalboard galactica on that song, as well as others. Who else does anything close to that?

The clip was sort of an eye-opener for me. You can of course hear all that on the album, but he has gotten so good at melding the spacey stuff with more traditional bluegrass sounds that I hadn't focused on it at all.

attachment-wasp_40th_anniversary_tour.jpg

Might be going to see The Flaming Lips April 1st at the Hard Rock Orlando and then flying out 2 days later to Milan and Switzerland. My 16 year old has recently gone bonkers for music and is going to make me go broke.

Wolf Trap’s summer schedule is coming on February 1, so I’m hoping they have a bunch of shows I want to see like they do most years...

Mentioned these in the other thread, but now they come in the proper place...

Have tickets in November for Jason Isbell and 400 unit in a theater show in Cologne. Only cost 29€ a piece, hot damn...

Got tickets for Kaleo on June 13th in Frankfurt months ago, then a month or two later googled whether Mammoth WVH would be touring Europe and saw they would be opening for the Scorpions (surprise!!!! Farewell tour was just like everyone's "farewell tours") on June 12th in Frankfurt. Simple little procedure of extending my hotel reservation for a day and grabbing tickets.

I’ve got tix for Illuminati Hotties/Fenne Lily/Pom Pom Squad in early March. Decided to go during that brief moment as Delta was waning before we knew about Omicron. I’m still planning on going if the show’s on and I ain’t sick, but I’m not buying tix to anything else in the near future. This just happened to be a perfect storm of three bands whose last eat records I dug all touring together. And I have kind of an invite from one for a hangout, but given my advanced age I’m wary about giving off creepy uncle vibes.

Just got a pair of tickets to see Spoon in New Haven on April 8. Their new album is out Feb 11.
They are playing the 9:30 Club soon. I am thinking about going but probably won't. I'm not gonna buy any tickets until close to the show date, and I'm sure they'll sell out pretty fast.

We have tickets for Elton John in a couple of weeks, but between the latest outbreak and my wife's likely upcoming surgery I doubt we'll be seeing it.
Well, my wife's surgery got delayed to February and the show did indeed go on.

But holy hell, fuck me eight ways to Sunday, just getting parked and into the venue was a major-league, high-stress, time-consuming ordeal. I'm sure that isn't surprising to anyone who's been to a big concert in the past decade or whatever, but really, I'm getting too old for this shit, especially at these prices. I'm not sure there's any performer worth going through this.

Anyhow, it was Elton, so yeah, great show. Davey Johnstone was in fine form -- played a variety of Les Pauls all night, though a double-neck Fender and a reverse flying V made their appearances too. I'm not at all a Les Paul fan, truly can't stand them, but the gold sparkle finish LP he brought out for one solo looked utterly amazing in the spotlight.

Well, my wife's surgery got delayed to February and the show did indeed go on.

But holy hell, fuck me eight ways to Sunday, just getting parked and into the venue was a major-league, high-stress, time-consuming ordeal. I'm sure that isn't surprising to anyone who's been to a big concert in the past decade or whatever, but really, I'm getting too old for this shit, especially at these prices. I'm not sure there's any performer worth going through this.

Anyhow, it was Elton, so yeah, great show. Davey Johnstone was in fine form -- played a variety of Les Pauls all night, though a double-neck Fender and a reverse flying V made their appearances too. I'm not at all a Les Paul fan, truly can't stand them, but the gold sparkle finish LP he brought out for one solo looked utterly amazing in the spotlight.
Money well spent. Patience is a virtue.

I watched (and paid for) the live stream of The Smile from London Saturday night. Really good show.

Meh, after attending many local shows the last 8-10 years, the upcoming shows plays like Groundhog Day. I might see Todd Snider and possibly Crack The Sky again.

Back