WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO....RIGHT NOW Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This (along with large parts of their catalogue) has been on repeat for a couple of days now.
Such a good tune. There are very few songs of Neil's that I don't find bloody marvellous. :embarrassed:

Just got this cd the other day. It rocks :rawk: I haven't stopped listening to it.

Despite the video still pic you see, even though it has a gal singing, it isn't 'Jbird elf-metal' :embarrassed: Pretty much power metal/tradition '80s-sounding metal, just with a gal singing.

Jeff Teets of MindMaze even does a guitar solo on one of the songs (not the song in the video)

helionprimealbumdec.jpg

I was about to post this!
:thu:
367983-emp.jpg

I'm still amazed at the quality of his work outside of the legendary band that made his career. I literally cannot think of another artist whose post-band solo work is anywhere near as good as the band material, if not better. As has been discussed on these forums in the past, his solo work should show the guitarists, drummers, and bassists that have viewed Plant as the weakest link, that he's in fact as strong, if not stronger, than any of the other Zeppelin guys.

His voice may have lost the highs, but I think it's aged to damn near perfection. A truly great artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back