The Whiskey Thread

:embarrassed:
35895.JPG

Been drinking 1792 this weekend. It's actually pretty decent.
I drink that one from time to time. We got a barrel of that a few years ago, and it was very nice. The distillery is a cool tour, too. Some of the bigger ones have a "Disneyland" fakeness to them, but Barton is the real deal industrial experience with tour guides who used to work on the line. Plus it's right in the middle of Bardstown, so bars, hotels, and B&Bs are not far away.

Geez, I'm going to have to increase my intake of whiskey. The father-in-law got me a surprise bottle of this over the weekend. I've about four bottles of whiskey to get through now:

P_20150314_150723b.jpg

I finally got sick of seeing all the whiskeys I didn't end up liking sitting on my counter, so I started working through them last week. Some pretty bad ones. For the first time in probably 10 years I've been mixing whiskey with Coke. It's bringing back some fun memories.

I finally got sick of seeing all the whiskeys I didn't end up liking sitting on my counter, so I started working through them last week. Some pretty bad ones. For the first time in probably 10 years I've been mixing whiskey with Coke. It's bringing back some fun memories.

I've got half a bottle of Jameson and half a bottle of Garrison Bros. Time to make some hot toddys.

I have thrown away wine that had turned vinegary or something, but I don't think I have ever flushed spirits.

There was that one bottle the liquor store guy gave me to try of some horrible flavored whiskey, but it was only a mini-bottle so I was able to choke it down. If it had been a large bottle the drain might have gotten that one.

I have thrown away wine that had turned vinegary or something, but I don't think I have ever flushed spirits.

There was that one bottle the liquor store guy gave me to try of some horrible flavored whiskey, but it was only a mini-bottle so I was able to choke it down. If it had been a large bottle the drain might have gotten that one.

This was a no brainer:
upload_2015-3-16_10-24-53.jpeg

I bought a bottle of Noah's Mill Bourbon last week and it is a mighty fine bottle. I put it in the same class as Rowan's Creek and Four Roses Single Barrel. I ignored the proof and was wondering why it has been kicking my ass so damn quickly... 57.15% ABV (114.3 proof) :eek:

It isn't as complex as my other favorites, but the sweetness it has is a special thing.
images

I bought a bottle of Noah's Mill Bourbon last week and it is a mighty fine bottle. I put it in the same class as Rowan's Creek and Four Roses Single Barrel. I ignored the proof and was wondering why it has been kicking my ass so damn quickly... 57.15% ABV (114.3 proof) :eek:

It isn't as complex as my other favorites, but the sweetness it has is a special thing.
images
I like that one, too. I believe it's the slightly higher shelf offering from the same people who make Rowan's Creek.

I like that one, too. I believe it's the slightly higher shelf offering from the same people who make Rowan's Creek.

Yep, Kentucky Bourbon Distillers. I think they used to be called Willett.

OK, I looked them up and they also distill Michter's rye, so now I know where my ashes can be spread.

1347704060192_2791191.png

Just bought another bottle of Michter's rye. I was tempted to try their small batch bourbon at the same price, but I have no idea how good it is.
upload_2015-4-23_12-15-18.jpeg

so....how about those guys who stole all that bourbon from Buffalo Trace and Wild Turkey.

50 or so CASES of PAPPY VAN WINKLE???

holy shot shit batman......those are like $1500 per bottle.:eek:

so....how about those guys who stole all that bourbon from Buffalo Trace and Wild Turkey.

50 or so CASES of PAPPY VAN WINKLE???

holy shot shit batman......those are like $1500 per bottle.:eek:
Yeah, I'm sure they made a pretty penny on the ones they sold already. They retail for $60-300, but that secondary market is unreal.

They were saying in an interview that the law states the confiscated bottles (I think there were about 50 they hadn't sold yet) have to be destroyed. There is a special place in hell for the people who destroy that whiskey.

Back