The Whiskey Thread

image.jpg

Dead soldiers

Reactions: Tig
Greenore from Kilbeggan has a vanilla flavor from start to finish.

Connemara from Kilbeggan has a flavor the changes the longer you roll it around your tongue.

I've never had this before.
First impressions.

Very mild aroma. Not especially sweet smelling.

Really nice flavor. It has body, isn't terribly sweet. Good finish. Very smooth and oaky. I like it.

Oi oi

I thought I'd posted this photo before but I must not have.

Needless to say my once "I'll buy a nice bottle to drink over Christmas and New Year" habit has got a bit out of hand :grin:

10393899_877498955601772_2951608639282503130_n.jpg

I've got a few more stashed all over the place. It's nice when you open a cupboard looking for a pan or something and go "ah I'd forgot about that 14 year old Islay" :grin:

Abrasion if you like Jura then try Bowmore. It's quite cheap but by far my favourite whisky over the last few years and is a bit more complex than the Jura which after a while tastes quite bland to me.

Made a run last weekend. Balvenie Doublewood was on sale so I scooped that up. Another bottle of Aberlour a'Bunadh because I'm an addict and a large Bulliet. I went through the Rye for the last batch of Manhattans and wanted to try the regular again.

I've never had this before.
First impressions.

Very mild aroma. Not especially sweet smelling.

Really nice flavor. It has body, isn't terribly sweet. Good finish. Very smooth and oaky. I like it.

wait......you mean you're just NOW trying Buffalo Trace? after all the replies to this thread that praise it as one (if not THE) best tasting bourbon under $30??
what the hell have you been waiting for?

wait......you mean you're just NOW trying Buffalo Trace? after all the replies to this thread that praise it as one (if not THE) best tasting bourbon under $30??
what the hell have you been waiting for?

I dunno. A lot of good whiskeys to try.
Everybody who knows me and wants to buy me booze gets Woodford, so that's I usually drink.

eagle (2).jpg
Picked up this bottle of Eagle Rare, says it's aged 10 years; distilled, aged, and bottled by Buffalo Trace in Kentucky. I've sipped a couple shots and it's pretty tasty. I still enjoy the Blanton's more.

Yeah, I like Blanton's a lot more than Eagle Rare. Eagle Rare is just Buffalo Trace that's been aged longer, and funnily enough, they're some of my least favorite whiskeys that Buffalo Trace makes.

To me, ER has a fantastic aroma that the flavor just doesn't quite deliver on. Interesting stone fruit in the finish though. No really a go to for me.

Back