The Whiskey Thread

Working on some Elijah Craig right now for my B'day. Not my favorite, but it's a pretty damn good 12-year and it's damn near as cheap as Turkey 101.

Just bought two barrels of Four Roses. Very excited.

1794632_10104265089453420_1742457500_n.jpg

Bought a bottle of Rowan’s Creek Bourbon. 100 proof, but it hides the firepower well. Plenty of sweet vanilla and caramel with a medium amount of oak and a touch of cinnamon. Enough complexity to keep things interesting. It may not be for everyone, but I enjoyed the first class. As always, more "testing" is required.
rowans-creek.jpg

Mmm, some bourbon would really hit the spot tonight... sadly I don't think they have a good bourbon selection at La Hacienda.

Got this at my local Spec's for $33 with tax.
I work a few blocks away from the huge downtown store for the rare, fancy-shmancy varieties. :snooty:

Got this at my local Spec's for $33 with tax.
I work a few blocks away from the huge downtown store for the rare, fancy-shmancy varieties. :snooty:
Yeah, I used to shop at the one on Smith. From '06-07 I worked downtown in Allen Center on Dallas St.

I miss Specs up here. We have one similar store, but it's just one location. Liquor stores in Tennessee aren't allowed to have multiple locations. :messedup:

Picked up some Woodford last night. Will have a glass this evening.

I picked up some Gentleman Jack today because I'm on the road this week for work, and I wanted to make sure I had something in the hotel rooms. It was one of the better options in the dinky liquor store I stopped at.

Maybe it's all the amazing whiskey I've been drinking the past few years, but thought I remembered it being better. It's basically just like Jack Daniel's black label but a little smoother. Tastes mostly like corn. Bland and uninteresting.

Whiskey schmiskey, I am all about the tequila!

Como esta bitches!

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tig
Tried some Woodford Reserve Single Barrel. I didn't like it at all until I was almost finished with the dram. Like several bourbons, it might need to sit a few weeks after being opened. I hope so because I rarely spend $48 on a bourbon! :embarrassed:

351063d1388881829-woodford-reserve-single-barrel-woodford-reserve-single-barrel.jpg

Hell, I might not wait that long! :grin:

Whiskey schmiskey, I am all about the tequila!

Como esta bitches!

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

I am a big tequila fan too. Might be drinking a bit of that this evening in fact...

I like to mix in some bourbon or scotch too though. Too bad I can't drink every night, then the rotation could go faster... :tongue:

I went on a cheap BIB tear several years ago and still have unopened bottles. Popped an Old Heaven Hill a few days ago. S'really good, cheap or not.

I haven't had Woodford Single Barrel, yet. I'll have to keep my eye out. The trick with single barrels is they are so variable from barrel to barrel. Sure there will be some benchmark of quality, but ever barrel is different, and taste is so subjective.

Reactions: Tig
My wife bought a bottle of Basil Hayden for a co-worker who'd been let go. Cluelessly, this guy thought she had some part in his dismissal, and turned it down. So thank you clueless, jobless guy! :thu:

Back