The search is over.

Nice. Congrats. I had one of those as a rental in Hawaii. The 4WD system in those is absolutely amazing. Mud washes off well too.

Houston, we have a problem.

No, the Jeep is great. Runs great, is fun to drive. So far, I love it.

So does Mrs. P. I had to meet her before I got home to trade vehicles before she took a friend's dog for a run.

I imagine in a few months, we'll end up with another Wrangler, and mid sized SUV for hauling dogs and band equipment.

We very rarely need a truck, and we can rent or borrow one.

We both commute, but gas mileage isn't a huge concern.

We may end up being a multiple Wrangler family by this time next year.

:facepalm:

Houston, we have a problem.

No, the Jeep is great. Runs great, is fun to drive. So far, I love it.

So does Mrs. P. I had to meet her before I got home to trade vehicles before she took a friend's dog for a run.

I imagine in a few months, we'll end up with another Wrangler, and mid sized SUV for hauling dogs and band equipment.

We very rarely need a truck, and we can rent or borrow one.

We both commute, but gas mileage isn't a huge concern.

We may end up being a multiple Wrangler family by this time next year.

:facepalm:

A wise man once said, It's only money.

Good on ya, @Prages . Hope I didn't come off like a dick.

I just had no idea what they were going for.......

No, you're absolutely right. The prices on the things are astronomical. I've been looking pretty seriously for about 2 years, and with very few exceptions, you're looking at spending $10k + if it's less than 20 years old and doesn't need a ton of work.

One local used car lot had a really nice looking 99 model with 194,000 miles on it, and they were still asking $9k for it.

I found the window sticker stuffed in the owners manual.

I did pretty well. This Jeep has 3:73 gear ratio and a rear limited slip dif. Both of those were options, so it's nice to know what I've got.

Original MSRP was $27,300. I'll have to take a pic of the window sticker and post it.

I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but so far, I really love it.

Last edited:
Here's the window sticker.

Window Sticker 1a.jpg
Window Sticker 2a.jpg

Back