The search is over.

Looking great @Prages. We got the same seat covers in blue. Ours in currently in the bodyshop for a replacement of all the body panels except the hood, complete repaint, new plastic fender flares 3.75" wider than stock.

I have a new LED headlight and fog light kit in the garage waiting for it when it gets back.

Looking great @Prages. We got the same seat covers in blue. Ours in currently in the bodyshop for a replacement of all the body panels except the hood, complete repaint, new plastic fender flares 3.75" wider than stock.

I have a new LED headlight and fog light kit in the garage waiting for it when it gets back.

Those fender flares are going to look great when you get some 35s under it. :grin:

I'm a little disappointed in the seat covers. I mean, they are very well made and fit perfectly, but the red is more maroon where the paint is "Fire Red". They don't really match.

I would have sent them back, but I already sprayed them with UV protection, and then got them dirty, so I'll just live with them for a year or so, and the next set will be either all black (which is what we got for Mrs. P's mini-Hummer) or black with grey inserts.

Curiosity got the best of me, so I bought a Carfax report.

I'm the 3rd owner.

The first owner had it for a year. The second owner leased it for 4 years.

Good service records, no accidents, seems to be a good as I thought and hoped it was.

However...

When putting the neoprene seat covers on, I noticed a small bulge in the rear of the seat toward the bottom of where the pocket would be.

I reached in, and pulled out a pair of tiny lacey pink panties. :embarrassed:

It's a good thing I found them now, because if I found them in a year, I'd have some 'splainin' to do.

lol. Awkward.

I don't know if you saw my post in the other thread, but a good one to add to your list is sway bar disconnects. The factory keeps Jeep suspensions pretty inflexible for rollover stuff, they help quite a bit off road keeping all 4 on the ground. And you can reconnect them on the street.

When I go out with the Jeep group there are many times the stock ones are lifting a tire where my truck doesn't.

lol. Awkward.

I don't know if you saw my post in the other thread, but a good one to add to your list is sway bar disconnects. The factory keeps Jeep suspensions pretty inflexible for rollover stuff, they help quite a bit off road keeping all 4 on the ground. And you can reconnect them on the street.

When I go out with the Jeep group there are many times the stock ones are lifting a tire where my truck doesn't.

Yeah, I saw that.

I'll get the disconnects when I do the lift... probably next week at the rate I'm going. :embarrassed:

Seriously, lifts are cheap. It's the tires and wheels that get Ya.

I'm planning to get tires and wheels first, put them in storage, and then maybe in the spring I'll do a 3" or so lift. I don't want to go bigger than 35s since it's a daily driver.

The tires on it now are 31.6" x 10.4". 33x12 might be the way to go.

You don't think you'll need to regear? It sounds like the same bear trap I fell into. :embarrassed:

Actually, nevermind, it won't make a big difference with yours I went from like 28 inch to 35 inch. Big difference.

My engine isn't great for low end torque. It peaks around 4k rpm.

Still, going up a couple of inches shouldn't kill it.

I've officially installed everything that I've ordered at this point. There's nothing left to do, except buy more stuff. :embarrassed:

Challenge accepted!

First big upgrade coming soon.

Also, I received the title in the mail while we were in New Mexico. :cool:

Here are the bumper and winch I bought. Should have them by the weekend. Might get them installed by the end of the weekend.

97446-add6.jpg
225895.jpg

Nice, I like the way the bumper gives high clearance out by the tires. Does it come powdercoated already?

Nice, I like the way the bumper gives high clearance out by the tires. Does it come powdercoated already?

Yep.

It came in either gloss black, or textured black.

I got textured black because the fenders and rails are textured black.

Still expensive though... specially considering the shipping.

Most Quadratec orders are free shipping, but the bumper is heavy, so it's kind of pricey.

I like the clearance, and the way it fills the gap between the bumper and the fenders.

The stock bumper leaves about 6" or so between the bumper and the fenders.

Got a call from UPS Freight today.

My bumper is in Charleston, but their truck can't get to my house, and the box won't fit in my Jeep.

I'm going to drive Mrs. P'S Jeep tomorrow and get my bumper from the warehouse.

I did get the winch today.

Back