The search is over.

The only things it doesn't have are locking difs, and heated leather seats.

I'm glad it does have the limited slip rear, though.

I didn't know that until today.

A vehicle that light, I'm sure the limited slip makes a big difference. I think that's pretty great.

Saturday morning I'm installing my locker, and while it's a beast off road, it's going to be making random ratcheting and popping noises, which I'll just have to live with.

A vehicle that light, I'm sure the limited slip makes a big difference. I think that's pretty great.

Saturday morning I'm installing my locker, and while it's a beast off road, it's going to be making random ratcheting and popping noises, which I'll just have to live with.

With what you use the Blazer for, the locker makes perfect sense.

image.jpeg

I still haven't tested the 4 wheel drive. I did decide to test the limited slip rear dif today. As I was leaving the house, I nailed the gas on our dirt road.

It hooked up like a champ and left two equally distant skid marks.

The only problem so far it's that the factory fog lights don't work.

After some internet research, apparently that's a common problem, and it's usually the switch itself. Of course, the switch also controls the headlights, dimmer, etc.

The part costs about $60, and I'll replace it myself when I get around to it.

Forget the factory fog lights, you need a LED light bar!

(Actually, my truck doesn't have factory fog lights, and I might wire one in behind the grill....)

Forget the factory fog lights, you need a LED light bar!

(Actually, my truck doesn't have factory fog lights, and I might wire one in behind the grill....)

At some point I'd love to get an aftermarket front bumper and better fog lights, but at this point, I've got to stay pretty stock while we save up to get Mrs. P a new vehicle.

I just sold the Ranger.

Part of me is very sad. I've had that truck for over 14 years and put nearly 200,000 miles on it, and spent many, many hours and thousands of dollars keeping it going.

But, another part of me says "You have a very nice Jeep. Stop bitching."

Got the Jeep dirty today. Probably only about 10 miles or so, and truth be told, I was in 2wd 90% of the time, and probably could have been in 2wd the other 10%.

She went better in 2wd than the Ranger did in 4wd.

I'll feel more confident once I get a winch.

FB_IMG_1473036117163.jpg
FB_IMG_1473036100159.jpg
FB_IMG_1473036095186.jpg
FB_IMG_1473036083430.jpg
FB_IMG_1473036077964.jpg

And the aftermath.

FB_IMG_1473036464223.jpg

FB_IMG_1473036453202.jpg

Yeah, so....

So far I've put in neoprene seat covers, and light guards all around for both Jeeps. I've also put in some heavy duty rubber floor mats in mine (Mrs. P's had them when we bought it).

I replaced the blinker/ light switch and got the fog lights working on mine, and I have a set of rock rails waiting for mine right now.

That'll be it for now.

I'm still planning a small lift and bigger tires for mine, and front bumpers for both (Mrs. P keeps mentioning Mad Max), and a winch for mine, at least.

I'm going to have to sell a bunch of music related stuff if I keep this up. :embarrassed:

Welcome to the party. It never stops.

On the Chevy forum we call it MAW. As in "might as well . . . .". Since I'm regearing anyway, might as well go to a bigger axle.

You get the idea.

Yeah, so....

So far I've put in neoprene seat covers, and light guards all around for both Jeeps. I've also put in some heavy duty rubber floor mats in mine (Mrs. P's had them when we bought it).

I replaced the blinker/ light switch and got the fog lights working on mine, and I have a set of rock rails waiting for mine right now.

That'll be it for now.

I'm still planning a small lift and bigger tires for mine, and front bumpers for both (Mrs. P keeps mentioning Mad Max), and a winch for mine, at least.

I'm going to have to sell a bunch of music related stuff if I keep this up. :embarrassed:

You know what they say; it's not a new jeep, it's a bankruptcy starter kit

Houston, we have a problem.

No, the Jeep is great. Runs great, is fun to drive. So far, I love it.

So does Mrs. P. I had to meet her before I got home to trade vehicles before she took a friend's dog for a run.

I imagine in a few months, we'll end up with another Wrangler, and mid sized SUV for hauling dogs and band equipment.

We very rarely need a truck, and we can rent or borrow one.

We both commute, but gas mileage isn't a huge concern.

We may end up being a multiple Wrangler family by this time next year.

:facepalm:
image.jpeg

I installed the rails this morning. I'll get a picture in a few minutes.

I've officially installed everything that I've ordered at this point. There's nothing left to do, except buy more stuff. :embarrassed:

Back