The Official Jack's Place 2017 NHL Thread!

That was quite a game tonight. Despite many saying that the Kadri hit on Ovechkin was not a penalty, it reminded me of the Kasparitis and Samuelson crap from back in the day.

For the second time in his career, Nick Kypreos is right... all checks below the waist should be illegal.

That was quite a game tonight. Despite many saying that the Kadri hit on Ovechkin was not a penalty, it reminded me of the Kasparitis and Samuelson crap from back in the day.

For the second time in his career, Nick Kypreos is right... all checks below the waist should be illegal.

I watched the hit.

Unfortunate, but I agree that it wasn't illegal.

It is sort of reminiscent of Kasparitis and Samuelson, though. Of course THOSE guys were doing it on purpose, every shift. I'm a bit of a homer for the Flyers, but I remember Kasparitis doing that sort of shit to Lindros for an entire series. When it became apparent the Flyers were going to win the game (and thus the series), late in the 3rd period Lindros beat the ever-loving shit out of him.

Glad Ovechkin isn't seriously hurt, but I think it was an accident. Legal hip check.

Last edited:
I also agree that it wasn't illegal. IMO it was a legal hip check attempt and the only reason it wasn't is because Ovechkin tried to get out of the way of the check but the only part of himself he couldn't get out of the way was his leg...

Now...Laying on the ice for a couple minutes as if your leg was run over by a train and you're out for the remainder of the season, only to show back up at the beginning of the next period fit as a fiddle...That's a whole other kettle of fish...Tsk tsk...

Last edited:
Now...Laying on the ice for a couple minutes as if your leg was run over by a train and you're out for the remainder of the season, only to show back up at the beginning of the next period fit as a fiddle...That's a whole other kettle of fish...Tsk tsk...

That's bullshit and I heard a few anti-Ovechkin people saying shit like that. Simply put: you haven't played much sports if you haven't had a similar injury. Many times I thought that I would be done for a game and a little rest plus a wrap or some ice fixed me right up again.

A hyperextension like that can feel like you will be getting surgery that night and 15 minutes later it can feel a lot better... but one minor hit towards hyperextension again and you may feel like you want to puke or cry a bit. Burners are in the same realm... feels like boiling water pouring on you and 15 minutes later you are good to go.

That was no fake. Ovi isn't like that. I do expect that from you though because you don't see clearly with your Sid The Kid Realdoll in your embrace all of the time.

Last edited:
That's bullshit and I heard a few anti-Ovechkin people saying shit like that. Simply put: you haven't played much sports if you haven't had a similar injury. Many times I thought that I would be done for a game and a little rest plus a wrap or some ice fixed me right up again.

A hyperextension like that can feel like you will be getting surgery that night and 15 minutes later it can feel a lot better... but one minor hit towards hyperextension again and you may feel like you want to puke or cry a bit. Burners are in the same realm... feels like boiling water pouring on you and 15 minutes later you are good to go.

That was no fake. Ovi isn't like that. I do expect that from you though because you don't see clearly with your Sid The Kid Realdoll in your embrace all of the time.

Speaking of bullshit................

And FTR I'm not anti Ovechkin even though he is a one trick pony.......

And although you tried to insult my intelligence, I won't retort.
Apparently your parents did that for me..

Last edited:
And FTR I'm not anti Ovechkin even though he is a one trick pony.......

Look at the last 5 years in the NHL. More goals and more hits than anyone. That's two tricks. Also a great passer, that's 3 and apparently really well liked as a teammate. Great skater for the breakout.

Not only are you hockey impaired but you can't count either.
Where did I insult your intelligence? You display what you display and anyone who reads it has a fairly clear picture. I won't assume how they see it but I know how I see it and I don't know how you got out of grade 10.

It also seems that after saying that you won't 'retort' that you are very challenged in the comeback category because that was pathetic.

Last edited:
Don't take the bait, @smorgdonkey .
I found the comment to be humorously ironic. (I think we all know what I'm saying without actually saying it.)

Blues/Wild game was excellent, @tompetty . Tell you why the Blues won.....1 very simple factor. Their goaltender was better. Dubnyk made 2 mistakes, and it cost the Wild the game, and thus the series. The Wild are a good team, but their goaltending ultimately sunk them. The Blues are a VERY good team.

In any event, playoff hockey is here, boys. Enjoy!

You guys crack me up....Honestly....

If clues were shoes, you'd be bare foot...

Go Sid Go.....Go Sid Go..............

Thanks for not posting a video, @tompetty .
:wink:
I do appreciate that.

:lol:

Playoff hockey, boys. I'm genuinely surprised at the outcome of a few of these series, but hey, that's why they play the games.

I'm curious....Why am I being thanked for not posting a video??

I don't know about others here but I probably check out 5% of the vids that people post. Most I've seen before anyway..

Most I just skim past and not a second thought about the video is given..

You're welcome, I guess!!...

AND...yes..Playoff hockey Go Pens Go.........

Ovechkin is like the Peyton Manning of hockey. Undeniably elite skills, but somehow doesn't really carry his team. That sounds meaner than it's meant to, but I was fairly surprised to see he's never had his name on the Cup.

Watching the Bruins / Sens is entertaining ... and draining. The shortcoming of the team is glaring: they can't handle the puck. This Bruins team is about as stone-fingered as the mid-70's football Jets' receiving corps.

On top of that, I have come to really dislike the Senators (although they're nowhere near the living, breathing stool samples that comprise the entire Penguins organization). Buncha whiners and punks, plead for calls when the ref's looking, then kings of cheap shots when his head is turned.

The officiating has been incredibly tilted, but it doesn't seem to be purposefully so (ala the way the Raiders couldn't buy a call for decades). Just really, really bad calls that have hurt the Bruins. Poor Kuralsky actually had a hat trick in a 2-1 double OT win!

Anyhow, I realized this morning that both the Black Hawks and Canadiens are home for the summer, which made me all like this:

B's going down??

I'm happy that myself and Dan are not in the same room...

Snicker............

Last edited:
I just wanna see some good, high-speed, CLEAN, high-hitting hockey. You know...play the game the way it's supposed to be played.

No whining, no crying, no shitting, no bull-shitting. Just straight up smash-mouth playoff hockey.

So far, my tendancy is to go for the West, but I guess we'll see. Those guys are FLYING up and down the ice. Different styles, it is going to be interesting, for sure.

As I said from the beginning, I don't have a horse in the race, so let the chips fall where they may.

I hate to say it, but if no one has served Sid his lunch yet, they're probably not going to. So key on someone else. Like Malkin. Guy could play on my team any day......God I miss Chris Pronger.

Yup, you are probably happy.

I was in Portland in 2011 when we stuffed the Pens in OT, and wound up by chance in a Pittsburgh expat bar. What a bunch of pussies those poor fucks were. One thing I'll tell you, Steelers fans and Pens fans are different animals.

I'm Canadian. Sorry :embarrassed:

After the Wings the Oilers were my fav team. Hard to beat watching Gretzky growing up. Then the Leafs because my family is from Peterborough. My cousin played for the Leafs and Wings, and Yzerman boarded with my great grandma when he played with the Petes. Then the Flames because their logo is great and I liked Vernon and Macinnis. Then whatever Canadian team is doing well lol, then the Lightning (Yzerman), then the Blackhawks and after that fuck everybody.

Last edited:
Back