The Great Deals Thread

B&H Photo has the Ibanez Talman TM330M tri-burst Stratty thing on sale for $199:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod..._tm330mtfb_talman_standard_series_tm330m.html

ibanez_tm330mtfb_talman_standard_series_tm330m_1480611043000_1217819.jpg

Since the Supro Westburys are all gone at the $350 - 400 blowout price that SW and Alto had them for, Alto now is blowing out the Supro Jamesports for
$299 (plus a $44.xx Alto store e-credit for further use), and if you hurry (expires today), you can get a $130 Supro website store credit (https://suprousa.com/coupon/), which would cover the price of an HSC, or a gigbag + other stuff:

https://www.altomusic.com/supro-isl...dbody-electric-guitar-in-blue-metallic-2020bm

Supro Jamesport Single Pickup Solid Body Electric Guitar In Ocean Blue Metallic
$299.00
Or Just $17 per month
+ FREE Shipping

Supro Jamesport Single Pickup Solid Body Electric Guitar In Bronze
$299.00
Or Just $17 per month
+ FREE Shipping

Supro Jamesport Single Pickup Solid Body Electric Guitar in Antique White
$299.00
Or Just $17 per month
+ FREE Shipping

Supro Jamesport Single Pickup Solid Body Electric Guitar in Jet Black
$299.00
Or Just $17 per month
+ FREE Shipping

I have the same question - they seem to be $400 Asian guitars (not that there's anything wrong with that). What makes them special/good deals at that price?

For some reason, The Supro brand applied to amps and guitars seem to have been (at least in the eyes of the marketers) conferred with magical powers that make them command a price way north of what could otherwise be charged. I don't understand it either...

For some reason, The Supro brand applied to amps and guitars seem to have been (at least in the eyes of the marketers) conferred with magical powers that make them command a price way north of what could otherwise be charged. I don't understand it either...

The Pigtronix guys bought the Supro name and redeveloped the brand a few years ago. Just like their pedals, they overvalued their line and now they're getting blown out. Whoda guessed?

I could understand bringing back the Supro amps to sell to Zeppelin fans and people looking for pawnshop amp tones in a reliable package. But Supro guitars just didn’t seem to make much sense. Those designs were just chasing the market Eastwood already has.

I could understand bringing back the Supro amps to sell to Zeppelin fans and people looking for pawnshop amp tones in a reliable package. But Supro guitars just didn’t seem to make much sense. Those designs were just chasing the market Eastwood already has.

Maybe, but I think that if Supro uses the current enthusiasm over the blowouts to come up with a better price point, and if they release newer models at those price points, they could have a hit. The Island Series guitars (solidbodies with the gold foils) are getting really good reviews overall - especially the satin neck finishes and gold foils. I can't vouch for the gold foil, myself, yet, since I haven't plugged in...er...oops. :embarrassed:

All I know about attenuators is every single one I've tried (and admittedly have not had some of those super pricey ones) have frustrated me.

Someone help an old man get over his past prejudices?

Back