The Great Deals Thread

@Frets99 seemed to disappear after the HC fiasco. I thinks he popped up in here once or twice since, but haven't seen his handle around the webz in quite a while. Hope he's OK - he's a super cool dude.

@Frets99 seemed to disappear after the HC fiasco. I thinks he popped up in here once or twice since, but haven't seen his handle around the webz in quite a while. Hope he's OK - he's a super cool dude.
He disappeared from faecbuk, too. People keep posting things, like happy birthday, to his profile but he hasn't posted in years.

Pics or it's BS...!!!

What? :shrug:

Oh, OK - it looks like this:

xl_89738-tmp3D9E.jpg

:grin:

Yeah, this one has been hanging in the rafters for a LOOOOOOONNNNGGGGGGG time. I think people started to ignore them when the Pro version came out, but GC still had these out and about. I stopped in after I picked up some pet food (since it is right next door), and was looking around, and trying out a couple of OD pedals. Right before I left I looked skyward, and saw it hanging with the other semis, but it had a clearance tag. I did a double-take when I saw the $289 price. I immediately had it pulled down and checked for a headstock crack or something, but it had nothing wrong other than some slight shopwear, and a 1/2" surface scratch on the back. It played shockingly well, and the Alnico Pro pickups did not suck TOO hard :wink:. I ended up putting it on layaway until I can get the remaining cash.

FWIW, the newer Pro version does have the ProBucker pickups with the coil taps, but the neck profile is that godawful "Epi Slim-taper D", wich is just too squared off for me. Plus, it costs $100 more. The neck on mine was a bit more rounded, so...

I hope to pick it up in a week or two :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: DFB
Not a stupidly low price, but a whole lotta guitar for the money. MF has the Fender Special Edition Deluxe Ash Tele marked down to $579. I own one and mine is a great guitar. A way to get '52 butterscotch Tele vibe almost as cheap as buying the Squier version
I've not been registered long enough to post a link, but I have faith if you want it bad enough you'll find it.

Not a stupidly low price, but a whole lotta guitar for the money. MF has the Fender Special Edition Deluxe Ash Tele marked down to $579. I own one and mine is a great guitar. A way to get '52 butterscotch Tele vibe almost as cheap as buying the Squier version
I've not been registered long enough to post a link, but I have faith if you want it bad enough you'll find it.
This one?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...e-ash-telecaster?rNtt=fender ash tele&index=2

Back