Return to the Planet of the "Hey Euro's its that time again" Thread.

Educayion and health are devolved issues wok which is a. Why cunts like me cant get a teachong job and b. Why scaremongering about the NHS by the Nats is absolute pish aimed at the lowest common denominator who base their views on pish that comes up in their fb newsfeed.

I know they are devolved. However, in case of a no vote, if there is another Tory government (which is a likely prospect if they form a coalition with UKIP) there will be huge cuts to Scottish funding. And yes, this will affect education and healthcare. nothing to do with scaremongering (whihc, incidentally is something both sides have been doing) .
As we both have different motivations, I will leave this with stating I am not a SNP voter, never been and never will. M GF is a teacher so I know a fair bit about education issues in Scotland. Don't assume people who have different opinions than you are 'lowest common denominator'.

egg+catching.jpg

:lol: :wink:

Ok, i promise, no more politics here...

on a slightly different note, I am currently enjoying my last week of my 30s. Any ideas of what I should be doing before my 40th? :confused:

Old-Man-Yells-At-Cloud-the-simpsons-7414384-265-199.gif

Strange that - I'm enjoying the last weeks of my 20s and I wanted to go to Amsterdam when the missus suggested a wee break away :embarrassed:

She then suggested Hamburg as we've both been to the Dam a bunch of times (whilst some how not managed to take in much of the sights :embarrassed: ) my brother and sister in law got on board with this idea so I caved and agreed to go to Hamburg. :cry:

Well, since I am Dutch myself and from the South, going to Amsterdam would be like a Glaswegian going to Edinburgh for his 40th or vice versa

Morning all. For my 40th I took the family to Spain for a week's holiday so no-one could launch a surprise party I didn't want.

Just a warning to all you Englanders, stay off the roadways during Sept 12th- Sep 20th.

An American ( :embarrassed: )will be driving on the wrong side of the road that week.

Just a warning to all you Englanders, stay off the roadways during Sept 12th- Sep 20th.

An American ( :embarrassed: )will be driving on the wrong side of the road that week.

Have you ordered a car with an automatic gearbox or are you one of the rare ones who can use a proper manual gearbox (drive stick I believe you call it)? :grin:

Have you ordered a car with an automatic gearbox or are you one of the rare ones who can use a proper manual gearbox (drive stick I believe you call it)? :grin:
There's 5 of us, so we got a van, and it was actually cheaper to get the one with the auto.

Besides the fact I've never learned to drive a stick :embarrassed:

There's 5 of us, so we got a van, and it was actually cheaper to get the one with the auto.

Besides the fact I've never learned to drive a stick :embarrassed:

Over here, the norm is learn with a manual. After 24 years of driving, the first time I drove an automatic was when the family went to Florida in 2012. After being up for 36 hours straight, including a 12 hour delay to the flight so we landed at 2am rather than 2pm the previous day, spending 3 hours getting through passport control/immigration, we got into the hire car at 5am.

With no instructions, it took about 10 minutes for me to realise that to make an automatic go, you have to have your foot on the brake to get it out of 'Park' into 'Drive'. :facepalm:

Where are you headed around the UK?

Where are you headed around the UK?

Flying in to London, immediately heading to Portsmouth, then up to Cambridge/Ely area (the Duxford air show will be going on, hopefully we can see some of that), then to York, then back down to London for a couple of days.

@Jbird - Cool. Hardest part of that trip will probably by getting from Portsmouth to Cambridge as you'll have to round the M25 round London which is pretty notorious for delays so leave yourself plenty of time for that. Have a good one.

Back