Recommend something on netflix...

Black Mirror isn't listed on my Netflix search. Is it available only with streaming? I get the discs thru the mail.

Watched the first 3 episodes of Black Mirror thanks to this thread. Wow. Really good stuff.

Marco Polo
Ripper Street
Lillyhammer
Frontera
Philly
A Day in Old Mexico

Last edited:
Band Called Death is a decent music documentary. Except Kid Rock is in it, the useless cunt.

Mind of a Chef, narrated by Anthony Bourdain is an excellent series by PBS. I've only seen season 1 but i loved it.

Mad Men is OK

If you want a seriously disturbing documentary, check out The Act of Killing. It made me physically ill to the point that I couldn't finish watching it.

Last edited:
Mad Men is OK

We tried to watch Mad Men, but I just couldn't get into it. I don't understand the all the hoopla over it. Draper's secret is intriguing, but they spill the beans on that pretty quickly. It pretty rapidly devolved into just another soap opera - who will Draper screw next (literally and figuratively)?

We tried to watch Mad Men, but I just couldn't get into it. I don't understand the all the hoopla over it. Draper's secret is intriguing, but they spill the beans on that pretty quickly. It pretty rapidly devolved into just another soap opera - who will Draper screw next (literally and figuratively)?

I was in the same boat. My initial reaction was this is just a nicer looking soap opera with good actors. But my wife wanted me to watch it with her so I stuck it out. It's mostly just a soap opera but I found it grew on me the more I watched it. Now, I just half pay attention but mostly enjoy the show. Roger Sterling is worth watching all the other crap.

You guys who are enjoying Black Mirror should keep an eye out for Utopia. Another dark, dystopian Btitish sci-fi. The 1st series is on UK Netflix though I don't think it's on the US site yet. Worth keeping an eye out for.

David Fincher is doing a remake for HBO which sounds highly promising.

Back