OMG Politics, I'm over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vast importance of this election comes from the fact that the next president will pick certainly one, probably two, and maybe three SCOTUS justices. Given the recent voting by the conservatives in the Court, two or three more conservatives will put the US back into the dark ages.

I absolutely agree. Especially given that the oldest SCJs are liberal. This administration would only be able to maintain the status quo, really, beyond the current vacancy. A GOP win would make it a strong majority.

But it's not like Hilary would give us another Clarence Thomas.

I absolutely agree. Especially given that the oldest SCJs are liberal. This administration would only be able to maintain the status quo, really, beyond the current vacancy. A GOP win would make it a strong majority.

But it's not like Hilary would give us another Clarence Thomas.

No, but Trump would. Or worse.

Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 1.50.39 PM.png

Nice to see the word compromise is still in the conversation.

Fuck compromise. I've never supported that. It's not deserved. Honestly, if the GOP got one single issue right, I'd applaud them for it. As is, no. It's fail right on down the line, seat by seat, vote by vote.

And historians will judge the GOP accordingly. And people will judge their great-grandparents for being GOP supporters. And that will be deserved.

The Dems are further right than where the country should be. If the GOP wants to move further left of the Dems, then I'd support them instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back