OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's another interesting thing. People here don't give a shit where their car is made. Maybe Italians and French people can be a bit nationalistic about where their car was made, other than that, all people care about is price vs quality, decent space in the boot, reasonable interior quality, good milage and it has to be practical to drive in varied environments. Where it comes from is pretty much last on the list for most people.

I have the same criteria.

I have the same criteria.
I also, (other than the vehicle that has to haul the camper and tow the boat). It is why I like sport wagons. The other criteria is really good seating with good adustability for the driver. I tend to get along with euro style seating better than asian.

Oh, and it has to have good traction in snow (FWD is fine most times) and enough clearance to get a little ways out a dirt road for a mountain bike ride. Pretty much a VW Rabbit could do this though. So not too hard.

This makes me violently angry. How incredibly fucking despicable can these people get? Co-opting the target of their myopic hate and bastardizing it to further spread their fascist rhetoric (and try to make a buck from it) is as low as I've seen yet.

Thoughts and prayers for the first motherfucker I see wearing that shit.

I just sent this to my mum and sister and told them if I saw someone in the wild with one of these they were going to need bail money. Horrified.

I see lots of Fords here. I also see jeeps and Jeep/Dodge SUVs sometimes. Chevy sells cars here, but I've seen like 2 corvettes and one camaro SS. Other than Fords, which are pretty common, I see more Ferraris than chevy or dodge cars. Heck, I've seen more Bugattis, McLarens, and similar exotic hyper cars than I've seen Chevy cars.

No amount of tariffs are going to force people in Europe to buy American cars. Switzerland doesn't even have a specific tariff on US cars, and it doesn't make a fuck bit of difference. No one wants anything American beyond global market Fords, which are made in Germany. The price of American cars has next to nothing to do with buyer's choices.

Last edited:
Trump's view, as usual, is myopic:

"When you walk down Fifth Avenue, everyone has a Mercedes-Benz in front of their house." But that's not reciprocity. "How many Chevrolets do you see in Germany? Not too many, maybe none at all. You do not see anything over there; it's a one-way street,"

There are no houses on 5th Ave, and parking is limited. There are commercial buildings for luxury brands and luxury apartment buildings, and that's about it. So anyone who is leaving their apartment on 5th Ave is either getting into a Cadillac Escalade or an expensive European car. Driving in NYC is shitty, but any street you can't drive a garbage truck down has been closed off anyway. But Trump's view from 5th Ave certainly doesn't represent the majority experience in this city.

My favourite part of driving in NYC is all the signs telling people not to honk. Because that works.

<------- Sidewalk viewer

But we're expected to have a 7 passenger, 3 row seating SUV for our 2 kids and 1 dog. Why do you hate 'Merica?!
My neighbors across the street have an old Suburban and a newer Lincoln Navigator in addition to a Jaguar. They have one kid and I rarely even see the kid get in the SUVs. It's usually the wife (easily identified by her terrible boobjob) or the husband (easily identified by his horrendous toupe) driving alone, and never both of them at the same time. At any given time there's two vehicles in their driveway.

Reactions: Tig
My neighbors across the street have an old Suburban and a newer Lincoln Navigator in addition to a Jaguar. They have one kid and I rarely even see the kid get in the SUVs. It's usually the wife (easily identified by her terrible boobjob) or the husband (easily identified by his horrendous toupe) driving alone, and never both of them at the same time. At any given time there's two vehicles in their driveway.

So if I have this straight, aside from the boob job and toupee, they look identical.

E8056528-AF32-43CE-83A9-4B48CA18A78A.jpeg

Amen.

I used to say that all the time. Social contract. Government out of our lives in the bedroom, in the work place and market, etc. Would be lovely in an ideal world where everyone has access to enough education, mental and physical health care, sufficient basic resources to be able to make rational decisions not out of fear of where the kids' next meal is, not affected by race or other prejudice, etc. Turns out the world (at least this world) is not like that. Still liked the ideal though. Rational (and ethical and moral was presumed in there) self interest of each individual leading to the good of the whole. But . . .

Had to take a closer look at things after being out in the world, especially as a public defender.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back