OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently your orange turd did some more whining about the EU. Americans buy too many european cars and europeans are not interested in cars that are completely impractical in european traffic. Of course this is Europe's fault, it has nothing to do with American car manufacturers not making more cars that would suit the european market...

Apparently your orange turd did some more whining about the EU. Americans buy too many european cars and europeans are not interested in cars that are completely impractical in european traffic. Of course this is Europe's fault, it has nothing to do with American car manufacturers not making more cars that would suit the european market...

American car manufacturers don't even make cars suitable for the American market.

American car manufacturers don't even make cars suitable for the American market.

It's pretty interesting to look at what cars sell well in the EU and the US. This comment makes even less sense when looking at that... The Ford Fiesta is the 4th best selling car in the EU, Ford Focus is 8th. There is not a single European car in the 20 best selling cars in the US...

Number 1 in the US is the Ford F-Series. I'm so sorry I'm not going to try to maneuver that through the fucking medieval city centre where my parents live Mr. Trump, it's hard enough to get a 1992 Renault Espace in and out of there.

It's pretty interesting to look at what cars sell well in the EU and the US. This comment makes even less sense when looking at that... The Ford Fiesta is the 4th best selling car in the EU, Ford Focus is 8th. There is not a single European car in the 20 best selling cars in the US...
honda?

oh, sorry....european....not japanese.

Number 1 in the US is the Ford F-Series. I'm so sorry I'm not going to try to maneuver that through the fucking medieval city centre where my parents live Mr. Trump, it's hard enough to get a 1992 Renault Espace in and out of there.

Trump's view, as usual, is myopic:

"When you walk down Fifth Avenue, everyone has a Mercedes-Benz in front of their house." But that's not reciprocity. "How many Chevrolets do you see in Germany? Not too many, maybe none at all. You do not see anything over there; it's a one-way street,"

There are no houses on 5th Ave, and parking is limited. There are commercial buildings for luxury brands and luxury apartment buildings, and that's about it. So anyone who is leaving their apartment on 5th Ave is either getting into a Cadillac Escalade or an expensive European car. Driving in NYC is shitty, but any street you can't drive a garbage truck down has been closed off anyway. But Trump's view from 5th Ave certainly doesn't represent the majority experience in this city.

I have not really enjoyed the 4th all that much for a while, just because noise, fire danger, upset dogs and animals, rednecks, etc., but had fun anyway with the kids. But last year and now this, the holiday makes me defiant and a bit angry. I will be riding in float in the parade to support the local dems and Muffy Davis's campaign, but no flag waving/wearing/saluting for me. And I took a knee during the anthem yesterday.

Last edited:
That's the thing, there's a ton of south-asian cars in there, but no european ones. But fuck the EU for selling all those cars in the US...
that's ok.....if he tariffs the shit out of the european cars (mostly high end units) he'll just piss off his rich base supporters. they'll be paying an extra 20 grand for their 911's and BMW's.

Trump's view, as usual, is myopic:

"When you walk down Fifth Avenue, everyone has a Mercedes-Benz in front of their house." But that's not reciprocity. "How many Chevrolets do you see in Germany? Not too many, maybe none at all. You do not see anything over there; it's a one-way street,"

There are no houses on 5th Ave, and parking is limited. There are commercial buildings for luxury brands and luxury apartment buildings, and that's about it. So anyone who is leaving their apartment on 5th Ave is either getting into a Cadillac Escalade or an expensive European car. Driving in NYC is shitty, but any street you can't drive a garbage truck down has been closed off anyway. But Trump's view from 5th Ave certainly doesn't represent the majority experience in this city.
You actually see quite some Chevrolet Volts over here. And the occasional Spark. Those fit the European market. When looking at Chevrolet specifically, the rest of what they offer just doesn't suit the market. Europeans tend to not be too hyped about sedans, so that rules out a whole bunch. What does sell? Things like the Golf, Clio, Polo, and 208. Guess what, you make a Ford Fiesta, which is something like that and people buy it! It's almost like the market works!

But I guess in Trumpworld the market only works if you can shove whatever kind of shit you want down people's throats.

Last edited:
Ford and Chevy are discontinuing their crappy sedans. It's a sorry state of affairs when I can buy a low line Hyundai that's a better car with significantly better gas mileage, than a comparable American car.
The Fusion Hybrid, and the wagon version they were testing in europe, looked like it had promise. Plus they had another little hybrid that looked ok.

Ford and Chevy are discontinuing their crappy sedans. It's a sorry state of affairs when I can buy a low line Hyundai that's a better car with significantly better gas mileage, than a comparable American car.
That's another interesting thing. People here don't give a shit where their car is made. Maybe Italians and French people can be a bit nationalistic about where their car was made, other than that, all people care about is price vs quality, decent space in the boot, reasonable interior quality, good milage and it has to be practical to drive in varied environments. Where it comes from is pretty much last on the list for most people.

Or, perhaps more importantly, what is inscribed on that statue.

statue.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back