OMG Politics, I'm over it already Mk III, The Search for Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump attacks 'filthy' Red Hen, the Virginia restaurant that asked Sarah Sanders to leave
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...t-asked-press-secretary-sarah-sanders-n886241

"President Donald Trump on Monday slammed the central Virginia restaurant that booted his press secretary over the weekend as an establishment with "filthy canopies, doors and windows" and suggested it was also "dirty on the inside."

"The Red Hen Restaurant should focus more on cleaning its filthy canopies, doors and windows (badly needs a paint job) rather than refusing to serve a fine person like Sarah Huckabee Sanders," Trump tweeted Monday morning."

"On Feb. 6, inspectors visiting Red Hen observed "good food/unit temperatures," staff with “clean uniforms/aprons,” and an "excellent job on code-dating." No follow-up was required, according to the report."

"The restaurant passed inspection in 2017, as well, although inspectors found one minor violation — "pickles/jams in a hermetically sealed container" that was "not from an approved food processing plant" — that was corrected during the inspection."

The restaurant was not inspected in 2016 and passed in 2015 without any violations.

In 2014, two violations were observed by inspectors but were corrected by the restaurant.

Trump-owned and Trump-branded properties, however, have faced substantial problems discovered inspectors in recent years.

Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort was cited in January 2017 by Florida health inspectors with more than a dozen violations including issues regarding raw fish dishes that had "not undergone proper parasite destruction" and raw meats sitting in coolers that were not cold enough. Three of the violations were labeled high priority, meaning they could contribute to foodborne illness. The club, however, met the minimum standards to remain in operation.

And in 2012, DJT, the steakhouse at the Trump International Hotel in Las Vegas, was forced to shut down briefly when inspectors found more than 50 violations, including ones regarding expired and mishandled food.

filthy words from a filthy liar who owns multiple filthy food establishments.

Assholes abound. Especially here.

I'd love to see all of those guys "go back where they came from" and watch all of the "good white people" take the gardening industry back from the bad hombres".

a-day-without-a-mexican-poster-md.jpg

Assholes abound. Especially here.

I'd love to see all of those guys "go back where they came from" and watch all of the "good white people" take the gardening industry back from the bad hombres".

a-day-without-a-mexican-poster-md.jpg

There was a "Day Without a Mexican" protest during the Bush II administration (mid-2000s I'd say). I met some friends that day for lunch at a Tex Mex restaurant we frequent. The food and service were both considerably worse than what we were used to there. We all agreed we probably should have gone to Jason's Deli or Sweet Tomatoes.

Consider, if you will, this:

36048607_10156367794716877_6852858867546587136_n.jpg

Then this:

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/c...sanders-and-who-deserves-a-place-at-the-table

Interesting topic. I do not want to be tolerant to the intolerant. And generally I believe civility and discussion to be preferable to yelling and screaming. I was raised to be tolerant, to turn the other cheek, to treat others as I would want to be treated. Though here in the last while, it has been harder to do so. I, having a fairly moderate personality, will likely hedge my bets, and continue to be civil and engage with people when I can safely and when I have energy to do so. But I am not fooled into thinking that that alone will do anything. Reasonable people need to get out and vote. In every election.

PS, I was also raised to believe it is the moral/spiritual thing to do to be civil and engage with others civilly when safe and when it is appropriate to do so. It is also in keeping with what I was taught, that in the long run, love is the answer and the only thing that will ultimately defeat hate. Not that fighting evil, standing up for one another, for what is right, and the weaker or more vulnerable among us, and voting is not also in order. I don't think that that is a hippy thing to say really, or only the province of hippies. I guess I still hope to choose the teachings of King and Gandhi over X, at least for the most part.

Last edited:
PS, I was also raised to believe it is the moral/spiritual thing to do to be civil and engage with others civilly when safe and when it is appropriate to do so. It is also in keeping with what I was taught, that in the long run, love is the answer and the only thing that will ultimately defeat hate. Not that fighting evil, standing up for one another, for what is right, and the weaker or more vulnerable among us, and voting is not also in order. I don't think that that is a hippy thing to say really, or only the province of hippies. I guess I still hope to choose the teachings of King and Ghandi over X, at least for the most part.

Gandhi. “Ghand” is the Hindi word for ‘anus’.

Consider, if you will, this:

View attachment 41627

Then this:

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/c...sanders-and-who-deserves-a-place-at-the-table

Interesting topic. I do not want to be tolerant to the intolerant. And generally I believe civility and discussion to be preferable to yelling and screaming. I was raised to be tolerant, to turn the other cheek, to treat others as I would want to be treated. Though here in the last while, it has been harder to do so. I, having a fairly moderate personality, will likely hedge my bets, and continue to be civil and engage with people when I can safely and when I have energy to do so. But I am not fooled into thinking that that alone will do anything. Reasonable people need to get out and vote. In every election.

Trump is a symptom. I'm glad mainstream Democrats are coming around to the idea that American Exceptionalism is bunk, and Americans are indeed assholes, though. It's been a long time coming.

I try to be polite and civil to everyone, and I have plenty of friends I disagree with on politics that I'll gladly grab a beer with. But I have a hard time buying into the "being an obnoxious cock is my job, but I'm off the clock now" argument with this crew.

I think this picture sums up orangeman's mental state in a NUTshell

3678.jpg

i can't even stand to see his face anymore. i haven't watched the evening news in weeks. i just don't turn on the tv until wheel of fortuen.
i don't give a fucking rat's ass what the mutherfucker thinks, says, does. i just want him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back