NGsD

Well now I've done it - I stopped by the local gun shop for a new .22 bore snake, and they happened to have 2 guns that are on my "to buy" list; a Henry Big Boy Steel lever action 44 mag and a Taurus model 608 which is an 8 shot 357 mag.

So I traded in 2 low-brow guns that aren't really my style (A Kahr CM40 and a Doubletap Derringer .45 ACP) and threw some cash on top and came home with two pretty cool pieces. Here are stock photos, I'll try and post some actual photos later.

henrybbs_cover_01s.jpg

DSCN319511-1024x675.jpg

This will be my first Taurus, but it passes all the usual revolver check-out procedures, and has a few hundred rounds through it so it should be functional. From what I've read, the model 608s are some of Taurus's more reliable offerings. We will see. If not, it was cheap enough I can flip it and make a few $.

The Henry was brand new and is pretty impressive all around. It's a plain jane matte finish model, but it just seems to be very well made. Action is very smooth, trigger is decent, wood is darn good, cut checkering is excellent. It handles, balances, and points like a dream. I think I'm in love. Can't wait to go shoot that one.

Well now I've done it - I stopped by the local gun shop for a new .22 bore snake, and they happened to have 2 guns that are on my "to buy" list; a Henry Big Boy Steel lever action 44 mag and a Taurus model 608 which is an 8 shot 357 mag.

So I traded in 2 low-brow guns that aren't really my style (A Kahr CM40 and a Doubletap Derringer .45 ACP) and threw some cash on top and came home with two pretty cool pieces. Here are stock photos, I'll try and post some actual photos later.

henrybbs_cover_01s.jpg

DSCN319511-1024x675.jpg

This will be my first Taurus, but it passes all the usual revolver check-out procedures, and has a few hundred rounds through it so it should be functional. From what I've read, the model 608s are some of Taurus's more reliable offerings. We will see. If not, it was cheap enough I can flip it and make a few $.

The Henry was brand new and is pretty impressive all around. It's a plain jane matte finish model, but it just seems to be very well made. Action is very smooth, trigger is decent, wood is darn good, cut checkering is excellent. It handles, balances, and points like a dream. I think I'm in love. Can't wait to go shoot that one.
Handgun calibers in rifles are awesome. My son has a ruger rifle in 44mag, super accurate and soft shooting considering it makes for a hand cannon in a pistol.

I'm a little biased towards S&W when it comes revolvers, but I will say that looks like a nice wheelgun - enjoy it!

I would have preferred a S&W as well, but for the price of their 8-shot 357, I got the Taurus and had enough $ left over for the Henry

I would have preferred a S&W as well, but for the price of their 8-shot 357, I got the Taurus and had enough $ left over for the Henry
Yeah, S&W are definitely more expensive. I'm sure that gun will be just as fun to shoot. Have you shot it yet?

If you're even remotely interested in buying a 9mm pistol...

Palmetto state armory (google it) has the shield w/safety and coupon code SHIELD for $274.99 - with the $75 rebate, it's $199.99 (free shipping too). The rebate ends at the end of June.

This should be arriving at my local FFL tomorrow. I worked a bunch of overtime last month so its time to do something nice with the proceeds.

3200334-2.jpg

Ive never really been a 1911 guy but I suppose no collection is complete without one.
Its pretty blingey for my taste but its hard to find a 1911 with all the modern amenities that DOESNT look like a Christmas tree

Last edited:
This should be arriving at my local FFL tomorrow. I worked a bunch of overtime last month so its time to something nice with the proceeds.

3200334-2.jpg

Ive never really been a 1911 guy but I suppose no collection is complete without one.
Well, if you're gonna get a 1911, it might as well be a Kimber! That is sweet. Congrats, that is one good looking 1911.

As I've mentioned on this thread, I have one 1911, a Colt Model 80 in stainless. I don't foresee ever getting another, but I'll never part with the one I have.

This should be arriving at my local FFL tomorrow. I worked a bunch of overtime last month so its time to do something nice with the proceeds.

3200334-2.jpg

Ive never really been a 1911 guy
Its a little too blingey for my taste
i'll PM you my address.....and you can just send it to me.....:grin:

So whaddayouguys think of these:

wm_10375664.jpg

Its a 5-shot 44 mag built on S&Ws medium frame. 2.75 inch barrel. I have major gun lust for this thing right now. Kinda wish I woulda bought this instead of the 1911

So whaddayouguys think of these:

wm_10375664.jpg

Its a 5-shot 44 mag built on S&Ws medium frame. 2.75 inch barrel. I have major gun lust for this thing right now. Kinda wish I woulda bought this instead of the 1911

that's really nice, but having owned a mod 29 4", umm.....it's a freakin' hand full. i actually wouldn't use magnums in it unless i really had to.
some of the 44 specials out there today are just as good a MAN stopper and a lot easier to handle.
but if you're going archery grizzly hunting, then by all means, load it to the gills. :eek: :grin:

Back