NGsD

I can't get along with Glocks. Grip angle messes my shooting.

Like most things with a little bit of time and practice, it's easy to overcome most people's issue with the grip angle.
But I get that for some people, they don't want to adapt to a new platform so sticking with what works for you is fine too.

On further reflection Im gonna pass on the shield. Its a great price but I realized that I already have that niche covered, and its not exactly a fun or collectible gun either. I have other things Id rather save toward like a 44 mag lever gun, an 8 shot 357 revolver, or a .338 win mag stainless bolt action.

Last edited:
On further reflection Im gonna pass on the shield. Its a great price but I realized that I already have that niche covered, and its not exactly a fun or collectible gun either. I have other things Id rather save toward like a 44 mag lever gun, an 8 shot 357 revolver, or a .338 win mag stainless bolt action.

And that tiger stripe Desert Eagle .50 cal with pink grips you were telling me about.

Thats a solid plan. All of those are awesome. Who makes an 8 shot 357? I've had my eye on a 686 7 shot.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I've held off getting a shield in 45 as well. It's a great deal, but I've got that caliber covered, twice, with guns I like a lot.

Im currently considering a new 1911. I'm really really looking at the ATI FXH 45. So not traditional and so bad ass.

A polymer 1911 'eh?
Yep. Match grade barrel and trigger. Lighter than a regular 1911, takes all 1911 parts except the sights which are glock pattern so TONS of options there.

Thats a solid plan. All of those are awesome. Who makes an 8 shot 357? I've had my eye on a 686 7 shot.

The Taurus model 608 and smith and wesson models 627 and 327 all qualify. They're built on their respective manufacturers' large (44 mag) frame. The heavy frame should tame recoil and 8 shots of 357 is nothing to sneeze at.
The large frame revolvers are too big to carry but would work well in a nightstand or at the range.

Also, it should be noted that all of these options are way cooler than yet another black plastic wundergun

The Taurus model 608 and smith and wesson models 627 and 327 all qualify. They're built on their respective manufacturers' large (44 mag) frame. The heavy frame should tame recoil and 8 shots of 357 is nothing to sneeze at.
The large frame revolvers are too big to carry but would work well in a nightstand or at the range.

Also, it should be noted that all of these options are way cooler than yet another black plastic wundergun

no shit. gimme a good old 1911 or SAA and i'm happy. in fact....i have a SERIOUS jones for one of these....
bhrugervaquero44magammo.jpg

140+ years later....and it's STILL the king of the hill

or this
Uberti%20Cattleman%20Birds%20Head%20Single%20Action%20Revolver%2045%20Colt%202-2-16.jpg

Last edited:

I've been drooling over the 627 PC for several days. I may "pull the trigger" soon. See what i did there? :-p

no shit. gimme a good old 1911 or SAA and i'm happy. in fact....i have a SERIOUS jones for one of these....
bhrugervaquero44magammo.jpg

140+ years later....and it's STILL the king of the hill

or this
Uberti%20Cattleman%20Birds%20Head%20Single%20Action%20Revolver%2045%20Colt%202-2-16.jpg
Yes please. I am a wheel gun guy. I do love a 1911, but I always go back to the revolver.
A bolt action rifle and I am set.

Have a pair of LOK Bogies on the way....grippy G10 cheese graters :)

These but w/ the mag release cut

bogies_black__90733.1410456707.1280.1280.jpg

They arrived but it looks like there was a mix up and he sent exactly as above, with no mag release thumb relief. Sent an email to inquire about getting them exchanged but it's not the end of the world either way to me.
Otherwise they are definitely quality. Dense G10 with some aggressive texturing. All milling is clean and precise. I've had VZs before these are 25 bucks cheaper and every bit as good.

Back