NGsD

I like that. What did you give for it?

Got it on sale online, $305 after shipping and transfer fee. It's replacing a Ruger P95 that occasionally had feed/extraction issues, which could just be the ammo or magazine. That was my first firearm and I wouldn't get much if I sold it, so I'll keep it.

looking at one of these in .308 (7.62 NATO). anyone have any good reasons i should NOT buy it?
http://www.gandermountain.com/modpe...g-Patriot-Centerfire-Rifle&i=880794&from=grid

Those seem to be a heck of a bargain price for a center fire rifle from a solid brand. Reviews online suggest these are a solid performing hunting rifle. Check out the Remington 783, as it seems very similar in design and purpose. I think that weird safety trigger would bug me, but that is just because I'm a luddite.

I always thought mossberg were budget priced but solid guns. Looks like a great price for that. I have a 25+ year old mossberg 500... I think everyone does, lol.

My first shotgun was a Remington 1100. I went with the 870 over the Mossberg when I bought a pump shotgun.

Just finished building and duracoating this last night...
21fc6480d574d85afea81bc2d9a0ca5d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

And I want to get into reloading but I spend too much time building. Partnership?

Lol, yeah, I wish.

Fwiw, you can get into reloading fairly inexensively... and then the small stuff starts eating away at your funds. If you live somewhere with local reloading supplies it isn't so bad. The hazmat fees on primers and powder are what's costing me.

Lol, yeah, I wish.

Fwiw, you can get into reloading fairly inexensively... and then the small stuff starts eating away at your funds. If you live somewhere with local reloading supplies it isn't so bad. The hazmat fees on primers and powder are what's costing me.
Thats what I've run into. Being new to this area I haven't explored much but South Carolina had nothing. My BIL reloads here so maybe he has some ideas. He just loads his hunting rounds though. I wanna do big 223 numbers at match grade levels specifically for my gun.
We're talking research and range time and hunting for deals. Im a bit of a bullet snob. Lol

Thats what I've run into. Being new to this area I haven't explored much but South Carolina had nothing. My BIL reloads here so maybe he has some ideas. He just loads his hunting rounds though. I wanna do big 223 numbers at match grade levels specifically for my gun.
We're talking research and range time and hunting for deals. Im a bit of a bullet snob. Lol

If you want volume, you'll want a progressive press. Nope, won't be getting off cheap!

I like the research part actually. Once you have a load that runs well in your gun, then it's just production. I've yet to load 556, only handgun calibers so far. I'm tooled up for it though and planning on starting next week. Should be fun.

Back