National Football League (NFL) 2015-2016 thread

Brady is 6-4, so it looks like Flair is about 5-10. Flair is always a giant to me, tho. :)

I met Bob Backlund once after a show in Boston. He, like Flair, was not nearly as tall as I thought he would be. But he was wiiiide, and solid as a fucking rock.

The only wrestler I met was Sammy Steamboat. My dad knew him and he lived not far from us. He may not be mainstream name but his son is - Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat. Never met him though.

As I said before, really hoping for the Denver D to show up ready, loose, fired up, and focused, and that it is a good old slugfest. I hope Denver's defensive coaches have a plan for Cam. How the game comes out in the end is less important to me, as long as it is a good game. I am slightly, slightly pulling for Denver, as my friend's son is a huge Denver fan and he had to sit through that superbowl a couple years ago at my house. It would be nice if he had his turn.

I'm riding with Peyton.

+5.5.

image.jpg

Reactions: Tig
I want to see Cam's ' I lost the Super Bowl' dance.

I thought they'd kill Denver. So happy they lost.

Even happier that I didn't bet.

If Denver can keep it close, it will be due to the Denver defense. If the Denver D can force or be handed 5 turnovers, and their O can give up 2 or under they have a chance to be winners. Otherwise, aforementioned slaughter.

As I said, I am so happy that I didn't place a bet because I would have lost my money. However, I did have my game analysis pretty well dialed-in, regardless of the way I thought that the game would go.

I had been willing to change my mind about Cam this season. He was kicked out of UF for stealing a laptop, then there was the whole thing about his dad trying to get colleges to pay for him to play there. But I said, you know, he was a kid, I did stupid shit when I was in my late teens early 20s. I enjoyed watching him this season and seeing him get excited by big plays and giving kids footballs after scores and thought I was wrong about him and started rooting for him. I just watched his post game press conference. I get he just lost the super bowl, but he looked like a 12 year throwing a fit. It is easy to look good when you are on top and winning, your character when you are down shows your true self.

I had been willing to change my mind about Cam this season. He was kicked out of UF for stealing a laptop, then there was the whole thing about his dad trying to get colleges to pay for him to play there. But I said, you know, he was a kid, I did stupid shit when I was in my late teens early 20s. I enjoyed watching him this season and seeing him get excited by big plays and giving kids footballs after scores and thought I was wrong about him and started rooting for him. I just watched his post game press conference. I get he just lost the super bowl, but he looked like a 12 year throwing a fit. It is easy to look good when you are on top and winning, your character when you are down shows your true self.
I don't want to pile on and trash him. He is still young and can still learn. Quite a crucible he has been raised in. Based on other athletes such as Tiger and Andrea Agassi and his book of horrors, it is not an easy environment. But from what I know from the sidelines, I am glad the Seahawks have their guy at the helm of the offense.

Indeed, he can and likely will grow up. He'll probably win a Super Bowl or two. After seeing Kaepernick in his first year I would have said the same thing about him but who knows?

I don't want to pile on and trash him. He is still young and can still learn. Quite a crucible he has been raised in. Based on other athletes such as Tiger and Andrea Agassi and his book of horrors, it is not an easy environment. But from what I know from the sidelines, I am glad the Seahawks have their guy at the helm of the offense.

I hope he learns from it and I hope he apologizes for it. I hate to say I agree with Deion Sanders, but I do. Cam was named the league MVP the night before. He is the face of the NFL and to conduct himself that way. Hey, I don't like Brady, but I don't remember him responding like that or walking out when he lost his super bowls, Manning either. Would Drew Breese? Aaron Rogers? Russell Wilson? Even RGIII, the twitter and instagram king, was humble and quiet about his benching this season. He showed a high level of immaturity last night.

I hope he learns from it and I hope he apologizes for it. I hate to say I agree with Deion Sanders, but I do. Cam was named the league MVP the night before. He is the face of the NFL and to conduct himself that way. Hey, I don't like Brady, but I don't remember him responding like that or walking out when he lost his super bowls, Manning either. Would Drew Breese? Aaron Rogers? Russell Wilson? Even RGIII, the twitter and instagram king, was humble and quiet about his benching this season. He showed a high level of immaturity last night.
this is indisputable, both on and off the field. Hopefully he will learn.

12646970_835274496594650_5240050031848297397_n.jpg

This was the other thing that came up last night. didn't post about it as it was a night for other teams. but Marshawn let us know he is hanging 'em up. I will miss him. Though he also did not talk much to the media (except when he wanted to and more about his charitable stuff), he was not the team leader, so I give him a pass. I know some others don't. That aside, I thought his version of power running, combined with his grace and ability to move, was a thing of beauty. Best to you, Marshawn. May you have a long, happy, productive life.

Oh, and then I just saw this which I thought was nice. An open letter from RW to Peyton:

“From all the wins, to the few tough losses. From the 71,000 yards, to all the touchdowns, to the few interceptions.

From all the meetings, to all the hard practices, to all the film, to all the blood, sweat and tears.

From all the Pro Bowls, to the handful of MVPs, to the two Lombardi trophies. From all the teammates, to all the opponents, to all the fans.

From the blue and white, to the blue and orange …

Sheriff,

If this is it, there’s one moment I won’t forget.

10th grade. Louisiana. At your quarterback camp.

You inspired the kid in the green shirt.

You inspired me to work hard. To be disciplined. To be respectful. To take notes.

You inspired me to love the process. To love the sweat. To love the tears.

But most of all …

You inspired me to love the game.

Thanks, Peyton.

If this is it,

Thanks.”

Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks

http://q13fox.com/2016/02/08/russel...f-this-is-it-theres-one-moment-i-wont-forget/

Last edited:
Oh, and then I just saw this which I thought was nice. An open letter from RW to Peyton:

“From all the wins, to the few tough losses. From the 71,000 yards, to all the touchdowns, to the few interceptions.

From all the meetings, to all the hard practices, to all the film, to all the blood, sweat and tears.

From all the Pro Bowls, to the handful of MVPs, to the two Lombardi trophies. From all the teammates, to all the opponents, to all the fans.

From the blue and white, to the blue and orange …

Sheriff,

If this is it, there’s one moment I won’t forget.

10th grade. Louisiana. At your quarterback camp.

You inspired the kid in the green shirt.

You inspired me to work hard. To be disciplined. To be respectful. To take notes.

You inspired me to love the process. To love the sweat. To love the tears.

But most of all …

You inspired me to love the game.

Thanks, Peyton.

If this is it,

Thanks.”

http://q13fox.com/2016/02/08/russel...f-this-is-it-theres-one-moment-i-wont-forget/

You guys have a pretty classy QB up there.

Back