National Football League (NFL) 2015-2016 thread

Congrats to Denver and Peyton. I have a lot of respect for good D, and that was some of the best I've ever seen.
Carolina played really good D too for the most part. Held Peyton and co. to not much of anything. A few costly penalties and a loss of focus here and there. But Carolina's D couldn't do anything about strip sacks leading to scores. Some have called it an ugly, sloppy, boring game. I don't feel that way. I thought it was a great defensive display, on both sides, and very exciting. Carolina had a chance until very near the end. Carolina is a good team and rather than hang its collective head, should learn and come back strong.

EDIT: Also, I am glad some perspective came out on the whole Cam and his press conference thing. I was not comfortable with the social media/sports media piling on. Yes, he has some learning to do. But I am willing to bet he will. Sherman on my team did.

Last edited:
Congrats to Denver and Peyton. I have a lot of respect for good D, and that was some of the best I've ever seen.

You know, if your team is going to lose a couple super bowls, they may as well be to Manning and Brady. Just think about the Giants. They lost to Trent Dilfer. Good news is Carolina is young. I think one more offensive weapon and a better left tackle, and they will be right back there next year.

You know, if your team is going to lose a couple super bowls, they may as well be to Manning and Brady. Just think about the Giants. They lost to Trent Dilfer. Good news is Carolina is young. I think one more offensive weapon and a better left tackle, and they will be right back there next year.

Afraid not. The Kirk Cousins era, a decade long era of NFC dominance, is about to begin.

:thu:

EDIT: Also, I am glad some perspective came out on the whole Cam and his press conference thing. I was not comfortable with the social media/sports media piling on. Yes, he has some learning to do. But I am willing to bet he will. Sherman on my team did.

I recall Forrest Griffin got a lot of bad press when he lost to Anderson Silva because he just left the ring as soon as he could. He's such an emotional guy that he handled it the way that it hit him at the time.

Most of these athletes who are performing at a really high level are young and will often be at the mercy of their emotions and Cam is probably in that situation right now. I can recall embarrassing times when my emotions ran me prior to some time and experience & learning how to temper the emotional reactions to certain situations.

That can be hard to do after making "the show" as the Seahawks have experienced. Granted, winning their first appearance pushed salaries a bit higher. But it has been difficult to hold on to key people, add offensive weapons, and keep a decent offensive line. At least for them.

I recall Forrest Griffin got a lot of bad press when he lost to Anderson Silva because he just left the ring as soon as he could. He's such an emotional guy that he handled it the way that it hit him at the time.

Most of these athletes who are performing at a really high level are young and will often be at the mercy of their emotions and Cam is probably in that situation right now. I can recall embarrassing times when my emotions ran me prior to some time and experience & learning how to temper the emotional reactions to certain situations.
As I said when I defended Sherman after his post-game explosion a couple years ago, I am really glad no one on national tv shoved a mic in front of my face at that age when I was all fired up. :wink:

Cam was talking about his actions and trying to play it off as him just not accepting losing and that his standards are higher. He says a good loser is just a loser and should have higher standards.

Wrong Cam. Winners are gracious losers because the game is over and they are grown up & true professionals. If the game continued, then yes, you do what you have to do, to perform better but at this point there is only next season and the seasons ahead of that Cam. Peyton lost graciously and he's a winner. Many in the past have as well. Grow the F up.

If he is going to learn and grow from this experience, it must be down the road because he doesn't seem like he is mature enough to understand some basic fundamentals. The problem is that he can still win and be a dick.

Maybe he is still too close to the event to let it all settle down.

Time to lock this thread and get on to something important.

BASEBALL!!!

152525594.9W5yeWHU.DarthVaderBaseball.gif

I'm just going to say this about that , and then leave it be. (at least until next season! Go Panthers!)

to play football, most players will say it's a VERY emotional game. a lot of players play with everything hanging out. Brady is no exception.

if he was a coddled star that would be one thing. but. he's not. he's is acknowledged as one of the hardest workers on the team. his year-round preparation is well documented. to play at his level, at his advanced football age, he must be putting in the work.

the players know this about Brady and know he gets emotional, and they seem to accept it. because he does the work required to succeed.

as the saying goes, if you walk the walk, you can talk the talk. 4 Super Bowl rings gives a player some authority.

over and out.

Go Panthers!
Ok, I get what you are saying, but just because you CAN talk the talk, does not always mean that you should. He is not my style in that regard. That does not mean I do not respect and recognize his hard work and talent, and his success. As far as deflategate goes, I have no dog in that fight. I will say that he and his team beat mine fair and square Superbowl before last. So I tip my hat. I also tip my hat to how hard it is to maintain a top level of success as the Pats have. Whether or not they gained a competitive advantage by pushing the edges of the rules, they worked really hard to earn that success. I may not like it all the time, and I may not completely like how they push the rules, but I respect their work. And the Seahawks have pushed the rules, on defense particularly, as well over the years. Part of the game. So will look forward to both our teams squaring up again next year. Even if Tom serves his suspension, he will be back by then.

For next year, Go Seahawks!

Back