MWGL Photography thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That little frog was just hanging out there, next to a busy path, at the Naples Botanical Garden this past weekend.

Yearly encounter with fighter jets.

tumblr_n4ad2uimwr1rsj2gso1_400.jpg

Sorcery

tumblr_n1l7chP6V31rsj2gso1_400.jpg

Petting the cloud

tumblr_n0w8wsVZZz1rsj2gso1_400.jpg

Come back, snow.

tumblr_mxxpfvSxkp1rsj2gso1_400.jpg

Reactions: Tig
I need to get back into the habit of taking pictures. I mean, I take snapshots all the time, but I finally got a tripod and I found my film stuff again. Might have to burn a roll through my Yashica. They're a dime a dozen on the fleabay, but it sure is a fun little camera.

So I had a dinner guest last week that flew in with BYOB.........

Looks like an immature bald eagle. I got these shots from probably 15o feet away using a tree to steady the Nikon. Click on the thumbnails to see 'em bigger

Last edited:
I did a lot of photography (mostly B&W) back in the 80s -- had a couple of nikons with lots of lenses and accessories, but sort of gave it up with the advent of digital photography. About a year back, I bought a Canon 40D and a 50mm f 1.8 lens from CL, and have been starting taking more photographs again. I really like the bokeh effect on the background in some of the shots. Once I've satisfied myself that my technique is sound, I will get another lens or two. I want to really take a close look at exposure in the non-programmed modes. I'm already overriding the auto-focus on about 75% of my pics, and I also want the control over the shutter speed and aperture.

Here are a couple from last weekend:

Last edited:
Is that southeast Idaho, by any chance? It really reminds me of the lava flows on the Snake River plain by Idaho Falls.

Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Known locally as the Albuquerque Volcanoes or the Three Sisters, they are a classic and rare example of a fissure eruption. In fissure eruptions magma rises along thin cracks in the Earth’s crust unlike most volcanoes in which magma rises through a vertical central vent. Here the fissure is over 5 miles (8km) long. Very long cracks like these may result in a row of aligned eruption craters—all active at the same time. Such eruptions create “curtains of fire” like those that occur today at Kilauea in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.

http://www.nps.gov/petr/planyourvisit/volcanoes.htm

DSC_0101.jpg

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/ele/4441240957.html

DOPE ASS PIMPED OUT LENS - $400 (Greenpoint)
01212_23N8IU44bdI_600x450.jpg

6158.png
6158.png
6159.png
6159.png

marker-shadow.png

marker-icon.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
Java at Franklin
(google map) (yahoo map)

condition: new

This is a dope-ass, pimped out Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 lens. YEAH you saw that right! 11-16mm. MOTHERFUCKER'S wide-angle. It sees more than a COCK-EYED CHAMELEON.

If you are looking at this post than you have already read the reviews and know this lens is P.I.M.P. DX-Nikon mount to turn your BORING ASS D7000 into a stone-faced lady killer.

Why is this LENS SO PIMP? To quote my boy LUDA
It's big and reckless,
MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU GOT A MIDGET HANGING FROM YOUR NECK-less.

YOUR SMART, you already know the biggr the lens, the better the photographer.
Actually, AS MY GIRFRIEND SAYS, it's not that big. IT'S JUST THE RIGHT SIZE.

SHIT'S WIDE. DIDN'T YOU READ WHAT I SAID BEFORE?
In a tight room? Make that shit look like the inside of HODOR's HEAD.
Taking pictures of your friends doing bunny hops? FUCKING STOP that shit and pick up a SKATEBOARD, THEN GO OUT AND TAKE PICTURES OF THEM OLLYING. BOOM. EPIC. Croshaying coozys for your CUCUMBERS?BOOM. EPIC. EATING SPAGHETTI Os? BOOM. EPIC.... DAMN where did you get spaghetti Os? I haven't had those in years. Damn, I'm hungry.

BUT WAIT? What's the aperture again? Can I take it out at night and treat it to a nice dinner? FUCK YEAH! 2 point GOD DAMN 8.... YOU HEAR THAT? THAT's USAIN BOLT CRYING because this lens is repping Japan in the next Olympics and he knows he's gonna LOSE. FAST.

SHARP-ASS COPY. YOU THINK A HUSTLER LIKE ME IS GOING TO SIT BACK AND GET BURNED? Ordered one from Amazon and it was soft, sent that shit back along with a toe so they knew I meant business - Big Lebowski style. GOT the sharpest copy in their warehouse.

OHHH SNAP! Ken Rockwell is in da HOUSE! --- "The Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X is the best ultrawide zoom available for Nikon DX cameras, better than even Nikon's more expensive 12-24mm AF-S DX."
-Ken 'Da Bokeh Killah' Rockwell.

ALL THESE DOPE PICTURES WERE TAKEN WITH THIS LENS. (except the pictures of the lens. BUT I DIDN'T HAVE TO TELL AN INTELAGINT PERSON LIKE YOU THAT.)

$20 discount if you bring a can of SPAGHETTI Os to the transaction.
$50 OFF if we meet at a public spot like a coffee shop and you bring the cash and spaghetti Os in a briefcase. We switch 'merchandise' at which point you will inspect the lens and I will produce the can and only the can from the briefcase and inspect it and then make the transaction.

sashajuliard.com
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

^^^ Hilarious. And that happens to be the same lens I've used for most of my submissions to this page over the last month or so.

ALERT!!!!!! If any of you use the Fuji X mount system.. B&H is giving Zeiss lenses away. You can buy the 1.8 32mm Touit AND the 2.8 12mm for $919 w free shipping! The 32 sells at $999 by itself!
YES..I bought them.

I am a crap photographer and have a LOT of respect for you guys. That said, I thought I'd share a few pics I just dug up from a garage cleaning excursion.

A photographer friend of mine was hired by Cal State Long Beach to photograph the Long Beach Blues Festival (which they host) in 1990. He got a press/photog pass for me as well as his "assistant." I got to bring a camera and shoot as I pleased. I was jazzed to be up front in front of the stage for two days separate from the crowd and shoot some memories on slide film or BW negs. . Here are a few. I'll share more if you like.

Albert Collins

Anson Funderburgh

Yank Rachell (Blues Mandolin!)

Bo Diddly (who at first wanted no photographs to be taken and wouldn't play till all photographers were out of the pit)

I am a crap photographer and have a LOT of respect for you guys. That said, I thought I'd share a few pics I just dug up from a garage cleaning excursion.

A photographer friend of mine was hired by Cal State Long Beach to photograph the Long Beach Blues Festival (which they host) in 1990. He got a press/photog pass for me as well as his "assistant." I got to bring a camera and shoot as I pleased. I was jazzed to be up front in front of the stage for two days separate from the crowd and shoot some memories on slide film or BW negs. . Here are a few. I'll share more if you like.

Albert Collins

Anson Funderburgh

Yank Rachell (Blues Mandolin!)

Bo Diddly (who at first wanted no photographs to be taken and wouldn't play till all photographers were out of the pit)
NICE! Except Bo. Jackass needs to realize every fuckin person in the front row audience is taking pictures or more likely video of entire songs and posting it. That's OK, but we pit boys have a no video /3 songs limit strictly imposed. Eff him.
EDIT- 1990 DOH! thwap0No iphones or internet ( basically). I'm a futurist. Eff him later!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back