And now we start three weeks worth of my house being torn apart.

Yesterday they finished grouting the floors and the shower. Today its countertops, backsplash and sink. And other things. Everything except for paint and the kids bathroom should be done by end of day tomorrow. I'm pretty tired of living off of take out and out of an ice chest in the living room. It's like a dog infested FEMA camp.

IMG_6078.JPG

Looks like the original three-week estimate was not terribly inaccurate. You give me hope!
Yeah....I've also added stuff on here and there so they are doing pretty well. I've just had to quietly remind them of our timeline from time to time.

ok. start of week 4. This morning we have the painter, contractor, electrician and carpenters. The dogs are losing their shit and so am i.

Well at least they are gang banging
It. It could get them done quicker.

I'm a landlord, and one of the perks is that you've got handy types working on your dime regardless.
My brother-in-law is not really a landlord; he bought a second home that abutted land the family had. The owner was old and living under bad conditions; Henry bought the house, made it livable, and gave the former owner lifetime tenancy. Once she passed away the house was pretty much empty; he offered to let Carol and I move in when we moved up from Maryland.

Now, I have another BIL who is a landlord...

Ok. I think today is the last day of actual work for the contractor. Kitchen is done except for paint and apparently refacing the cabinets because it's cheaper to do that than correct the fucked up painted over laminate job that is there now. Laundry room is done except for painting the back door and me installing some shelves. Master bath is done except for a mirror and a couple of small shelves. Kids bathroom is currently finishing up with a. Re shower valve and they finished the floor today (they had disgusting worn out linoleum from the 80's in there).n

The Wein family is fucking toast after this.

A few current pics

IMG_6258.JPG
IMG_6257.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6258.JPG
    IMG_6258.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
Back