And now we start three weeks worth of my house being torn apart.

The floors look nice. Could you tell us a little more about them (material, manufacturer), please?

We got all of the tile at a flooring chain called "Floor and Decor". It's tile that happens to look like wood.

image.jpg

Reactions: Tig
Yesterday they finished grouting the floors and the shower. Today its countertops, backsplash and sink. And other things. Everything except for paint and the kids bathroom should be done by end of day tomorrow. I'm pretty tired of living off of take out and out of an ice chest in the living room. It's like a dog infested FEMA camp.

View attachment 35451

I have very distinct memories of my mom being upset when she would hear someone saying "it's like being a single mom" when their husbands were traveling for work. Until you've actually been a single mom, you really have no idea.

I know this is your site, and I know you're not trying to be offensive, but until you've actually been in a fema camp you should probably not make that comparison. This isn't to downplay your situation. It sucks. I get it. I've been working in flooded homes for the past year.

Imagine how much worse it would be if everyone of your neighbors was in the same situation and there was no food at the grocery store or restaurants open and your kids couldnt go to school and the national guard was there with guns drawn telling you when you could leave your house.

Last edited:
Back