2016-17 NFL Thread.

But its not. If he is the best ever, the Pats would have stunk the year he was out, or Cassell would have been great somewhere else and neither of those things played out. If you are the best ever, you would add something to the team that others couldn't. Look at the Colts, they went 2-14 the year Peyton couldn't play. When Brady doesn't play, the Pats don't miss him at all. Even this year, the 4 game suspension was nothing. That's not saying he isn't a great QB, but it does say his team is unbelievably well built and coached.

I tend to agree with you. IMHO, Montana is the best QB to ever play the game. But he had Young on the bench and Walsh on the sidelines, as well as a superior team all around him including Jerry Rice. When Montana went to KC... and when Rice went to Oakland...

It takes a whole goddamn team to win.

@VoidTerraFirma
Ian Rapaport is reporting a possible trade. Cousins goes to 49ers, their picks go to the Cowboys and we get Romo. WTF? Not only has Romo been hurt most of the last 2 seasons, he isn't any better than Kirk and his contract is huge and he's 36. Cousins for the 49ers first round and a couple other picks is fine, but why in the world would we want Romo? At this point McCoy is better than Romo.

@VoidTerraFirma
Ian Rapaport is reporting a possible trade. Cousins goes to 49ers, their picks go to the Cowboys and we get Romo. WTF? Not only has Romo been hurt most of the last 2 seasons, he isn't any better than Kirk and his contract is huge and he's 36. Cousins for the 49ers first round and a couple other picks is fine, but why in the world would we want Romo? At this point McCoy is better than Romo.

Man, it's March. NFL guys are dying to get some clicks. I'll check back in with this silliness in April.

NFL?

OK...If we are going to talk NFL this far down the road:

Damn, that Tom Brady is amazing, isn't he?

I hope they do it.

I'm fine with it if Romo has no part in it. I think Kirk is really good (he was 83 yards away from 5,000 this season. Only Brady, Manning and Bres have ever done that) but the skins need basically an entire new defense to actually compete not a washed up 36 year old QB. I'd rather keep Kirk but if he doesn't want to be here, the number 2 pick in the draft sounds goood.

I'm fine with it if Romo has no part in it. I think Kirk is really good (he was 83 yards away from 5,000 this season. Only Brady, Manning and Bres have ever done that) but the skins need basically an entire new defense to actually compete not a washed up 36 year old QB. I'd rather keep Kirk but if he doesn't want to be here, the number 2 pick in the draft sounds goood.

Kirk was a B- QB playing with an A+ O-line and WR corps. Paying him Brees money is ridiculous. Trade him and beef up the D...or whatever.

Romo is a fool if he takes a starting QB job. Dude is going to get himself permanently injured.

Last edited:
This trade makes no sense for the Skins. I don't think this trade will ever happen.

On an NFL related note, I had a couple long conversations with Chargers Wide Receiver Stevie Johnson last week and he gave me a lot of insight and confirmation into just how fucked up the ownership is and how they not only had no intention to make a deal in San Diego work, but that they have a history of purposely pushing Pro Bowl level players out the door for political reasons and not the money. Weddle, Vincent Jackson etc to name a couple.

He also said virtually none of the players are making the move to LA. They love living in San Diego and have no interest in that smoggy shithole. Lol.

Chargers have been a shitshow for a long time -- recall that Eli simply wouldn't play there.

The NFL is one of the most obvious examples of how corporate leaders simply do as they wish with no accountability.

Chargers have been a shitshow for a long time -- recall that Eli simply wouldn't play there.

The NFL is one of the most obvious examples of how corporate leaders simply do as they wish with no accountability.
Charger fans will NEVAR FORGET the Eli Manning debacle. Fuck him in his stupid fucking meathead face.

SuperBowl rings and all, I'd rather have Philip Rivers.

As a Patriots' fan, I'm not a Manning apologist. However, we're talking about the Chargers. Who also got rid of that good-for-nothing Drew Brees, IIR.

Reactions: OGG
Kirk was a B- QB playing with an A+ O-line and WR corps. Paying him Brees money is ridiculous. Trade him and beef up the D...or whatever.

I wouldn't give the O-line an A+ I'd give them a solid B. Kirk gets rid of the ball so fast, it makes the line look better than it is. The receiving corp was the best in the game when you count the top 3 receivers and TE. Point is, he was less than 100 yards from 5,000 and they franchised him. He will make 24 million next year so they can't offer him 20 on a long term deal.

On a side note, I heard on the radio this morning Joe Jacoby's contract for the '82 season was $28,000. Since the strike cut the season in half, he made $14,000. That is crazy.

The Cleveland organization blew it again. They did not franchise Terrelle Pryor who will now leave them and be one of the top WR's available in NFL free agency.

Back