2016-17 NFL Thread.

So, Brady or Montana? stirthepot

I don't think it is possible to say who is the best in football. It isn't basketball where players play both offense and defense and there are only 5 men on the court at a time. The radio all last week was trying to compare Brady to Jordan and Tiger. I know that is what we do, but come on. It isn't a knock on Brady (as I am prone to do) but I don't think you can really compare anyone in the NFL to people in other sports. Football has far too many other factors in it. When Tiger wins, it is all on him. When Jordan scored a basket, he didn't go sit on the bench until his team got the ball back.

The thing I noticed, especially in the 4th, was how the Falcon's defense were taking longer to get to the line, standing longer and not able to get the penetration or pressures on Brady. Pats started moving the ball further on each play and opened the offense up. On the other side, the Pats defense was getting more pressure & forcing Ryan to get rid of the ball before he was ready. They needed points on the board in the 4th and just couldn't get the offense moving like the earlier half of the game. Freeman might as well have been a traffic cone on that sack....then the penalty was the nail in the coffin. I think you saw a team conditioned for the superbowl with patience vs a young dynamic team that just didn't have the endurance for 4 quarters of that game.
I would call it mental endurance and focus. They were strong enough physically. Just needed to keep their heads in the game and not let up. And, what seemed to be a couple coaching blunders.

The Pats ran twice as many plays as the Falcons. I think that was a significant reason for the comeback. The Pats started moving the ball late when the Atlanta defense was gassed and had lost that insanely fast first step they had earlier in the game.

I caught my own typo and corrected - "It wasn't directed at everyone, just the haters who post hate."

Just a note that the statement wasn't directed towards you. I have never seen you express hate.

As for the D, I agree. SVL said it best that Belichick will make adjustments and they did. Heard on the Dan Patrick show this morning about the game. Unsure if this was truly said or not... Quinn told his team that it was all downhill at halftime. This is something that Belichick would have never said. The game is 60 minutes and if you remember the season the PATS were running up the scoreboard, it was because of certain teams who could score. The PATS defense wasn't that good so in order to win, you outscore the opponent by large numbers.
I saw the receivers make some adjustments (probably coached) on a lot of routes where they came back to the ball, and took advantage of what appeared to be overcommitment on the part of the Falcons to create separation. The Falcons could have made a few adjustments too after that happened the first couple times, but just didn't get it done. It seemed to be a mental discipline thing to me. I bet the Falcons will be fine. I also bet Shanahan will be a great coach. He made a mistake or two, but overall had a great season. If he learns from his mistakes, and I presume he will, he should do well in SF, if given some players to work with.

I caught my own typo and corrected - "It wasn't directed at everyone, just the haters who post hate."

Just a note that the statement wasn't directed towards you. I have never seen you express hate.

As for the D, I agree. SVL said it best that Belichick will make adjustments and they did. Heard on the Dan Patrick show this morning about the game. Unsure if this was truly said or not... Quinn told his team that it was all downhill at halftime. This is something that Belichick would have never said. The game is 60 minutes and if you remember the season the PATS were running up the scoreboard, it was because of certain teams who could score. The PATS defense wasn't that good so in order to win, you outscore the opponent by large numbers.

If you didn't see me express Pats hate, you weren't looking hard enough :grin: but I don't care who it was directed at.

I just found it funny that people bitch about the "Pats haters" then after a win, tell people to "suck it" because the Pats won. I wonder why people hate them?

According to the report during the game from Erin Andrews, Quinn told his team to forget the first half and treat the second half like a new game.

The Pats ran twice as many plays as the Falcons. I think that was a significant reason for the comeback. The Pats started moving the ball late when the Atlanta defense was gassed and had lost that insanely fast first step they had earlier in the game.
Yeah, I noted at the half (and I think posted) that the Pats led most all the offensive stats other than running yards, and turnovers. I still think the Falcons could have held on physically, but just didn't get it done.

That and the Pats D was so rested. I think they said when the Falcons got the ball in the second half, it had been like an hour and 3 minutes since they had been on the field. More importantly, it had been and hour and 3 minutes since the Pats D had been on the field.

It wasn't directed at everyone, just the haters who post hate.

I am not a fan of the Seahawks but I congratulated SVL on his victories and wins. Had the Falcons been playing another team (ie: the Steelers), I would have been rooting for them. Last year I wanted the Broncos to win. Heavily not a Bronco fan but wanted to see Peyton go out on top.

Well Randy I am sorry if you don't see your incessant posting of large pro-patriots propaganda as being as annoying as someone posting anti patriots memes in response. Go back through this entire thread and see who posted more, the pro or anti pats fans. If anything you should be happy, because the team at the top of the heap tends to be the target. If you wish to keep making things personal when it isn't, that is your decision. You will notice that we never said that YOU suck, just the Pats.

That and the Pats D was so rested. I think they said when the Falcons got the ball in the second half, it had been like an hour and 3 minutes since they had been on the field. More importantly, it had been and hour and 3 minutes since the Pats D had been on the field.

If we learned anything from the Chip Kelly experiment in Philly, you can't win games by getting out to a quick lead then hanging your defense out on the field for the rest of the game.

If we learned anything from the Chip Kelly experiment in Philly, you can't win games by getting out to a quick lead then hanging your defense out on the field for the rest of the game.

I thought it was don't get rid of your stud offensive players :grin:

this gets better and better with each viewing

A-hole Goodell didn't have the stones to present the MVP trophy on the podium last night. He couldn't leave fast enough.

^^ yes...Super ball deflation.

Hey Mr. Goodell...thanks for the 4 games of rest at the start of the season that you gave Mr Brady. I listened to a piece prior to the game yesterday which said that it was Tom's opportunity for revenge to get another championship and that the best revenge is revenge.

Like I said on Facebook, Gaga was great, but Beyonce was THE GREATEST performer in Super Bowl history... that wasn't Prince. :love:

Well Randy I am sorry if you don't see your incessant posting of large pro-patriots propaganda as being as annoying as someone posting anti patriots memes in response. Go back through this entire thread and see who posted more, the pro or anti pats fans.

On a September 26 post I stated the following: "Probably a continuation from last season. If no one mentions his name, I won't mention it! But I will still post Patriot fodor." This was in response to a post about starting a TB12 thread. I believe I stopped posting propaganda following that post and just started posting the wins after each week as well as participated in a few discussions. The wins weren't memes but just victories. Also removed the signatures from seasons before because some were complaining about it, especially when it occupied a lot of real estate.

If I offended you, I apologize but it is hard not to say anything when you read a meme that says "Fuck the Patriots!!!".

Don't forget that there are other PATS fans on the forum as well who post memes. Just that I more be more outspoken on my love for the PATS. One previous post said that if I love them so much, why not marry them - :spit:

Outside of football, mostly everyone is cool. The exceptions are the ones who have been banned.

If anything you should be happy, because the team at the top of the heap tends to be the target. If you wish to keep making things personal when it isn't, that is your decision. You will notice that we never said that YOU suck, just the Pats.

As for happy, I am Ecstatic and Elated!!!

FWIW, Non PATS fans will always despise them.

On a September 26 post I stated the following: "Probably a continuation from last season. If no one mentions his name, I won't mention it! But I will still post Patriot fodor." This was in response to a post about starting a TB12 thread. I believe I stopped posting propaganda following that post and just started posting the wins after each week as well as participated in a few discussions. The wins weren't memes but just victories. Also removed the signatures from seasons before because some were complaining about it, especially when it occupied a lot of real estate.

If I offended you, I apologize but it is hard not to say anything when you read a meme that says "Fuck the Patriots!!!".

Don't forget that there are other PATS fans on the forum as well who post memes. Just that I more be more outspoken on my love for the PATS. One previous post said that if I love them so much, why not marry them - :spit:

Outside of football, mostly everyone is cool. The exceptions are the ones who have been banned.

As for happy, I am Ecstatic and Elated!!!

FWIW, Non PATS fans will always despise them.

I'm not offended at all.

As a Niners fan, I was once in your shoes. EVERYONE hated the Niners when we were unbeatable. They called them every name in the book. Now, nobody bothers because they were 2-14, with equally bad years for the past 2 before this year. I hope you reach that peaceful place soon.:grin:

I'm not offended at all.

As a Niners fan, I was once in your shoes. EVERYONE hated the Niners when we were unbeatable. They called them every name in the book. Now, nobody bothers because they were 2-14, with equally bad years for the past 2 before this year. I hope you reach that peaceful place soon.:grin:

been there.

two words - Rod Rust

Don't forget that there are other PATS fans on the forum as well who post memes.

c6573d575e038ce3f0940c4a262409e2.jpg

Back