2016-17 NFL Thread.

While I've never been a fan of any Atlanta team, I do like seeing Matt Ryan doing so well this year, and hope he has a great Super Bowl while here in Houston. I'll be avoiding the Reliant Park and downtown area that week.

If you think Laveon Bell's injury was the difference, you don't understand football. It begins with line play, and whomever dominates the line of scrimmage usually wins the game. (Hence the impetus to get after Brady). At the NFL level, it's about matchups, execution and avoiding mistakes. Belichick's greatest talent as a coach is to get players to NOT over-commit on plays. That's really what "do your job" is about -- stay with the assignment. Don't over commit.

And Brady compliments that by minimizing mistakes and turnovers. A huge part of his greatness is the throws he doesn't make.

Which is exactly what Alan Branch and Trey Flowers (and whichever else mid-level NFLer he gets next, desperate to win and willing to do as told by Hoodie The Great in order to taste a Super Bowl) did.

This is why people simply don't get the Pats: 30 of 53 on this roster weren't on the 2014 SB championship team. But here they are, again. It's Bill. Who else dumps Jamie Collins for Elandon Roberts .... and comes out ahead?!? He schemes well, has great assistants, and demands TOTAL commitment to the scheme. More often than not, it works.

It sure doesn't hurt that Brady has a tremendous capacity to read defenses and respond appropriately.

Not sure if this is in relation to my post but I do think if someone who has put up 150+ on the Chiefs in Arrowhead out of the game it makes a big difference. Williams is a good back but pretty much no one runs like Bell. So the blocking is going to be hugely different for any other back and yeah it makes a difference. Would they have won, no read my predictions. Belichick is the best there is no doubt. Proof of that is in what he's able to do without Brady. I think Brady is one of the best ever but even without him they pretty much don't miss a beat. That's BB. And he's the main reason why I think the Pats win SB LI.

And yeah Tig, I pretty much did the same thing last year...there were several areas that needed to be avoided during last years game around here

Since the Chicago Bears entered the league as the then Decauter Stayleys, in 1920, they have won 17 playoff games.

Since entering the league in 2000, Tom Brady has won 24 playoff games.

16251972_10207693697402949_1162190868221388846_o.jpg

Should be a good one. Pats have the better defense, Falcons the better offense.

Before the season started I picked Atlanta to win it all. If they do I'll be pissed I didn't put a few bucks on em :/

I don't know if I'll even watch it. A friend is having a Super Bowl party, so I may head over, but I really couldn't care less about this game. Had the Chiefs somehow made it in, I would have watched, but the idea of watching the Pats in another Super Bowl does nothing for me, even if I knew they were going to lose 50-0, I still would have 0 interest in it.

Go Falcons!!!

Never ever said THAT beforeo_O

Fuck the Pats, plus having the Falcons win puts our new Head Coach (Kyle Shanahan) in a very strong position going into the 2017 season out here.

Did I mention FUCK the Pats? Just in case..

imgres.jpg

I watched a helicopter flying low over NASA a few days ago. Apparently, the DOE is measuring the Houston area base line radiation in case of a dirty bomb or a nuke detonation.
Kinda' makes me feel extra excited about big events happening here. panic0

I watched a helicopter flying low over NASA a few days ago. Apparently, the DOE is measuring the Houston area base line radiation in case of a dirty bomb or a nuke detonation.

Seems like the perfect venue for a false-flag scenario...

Seems that is SOP for superbowls. They did it around here last year.

If there is a nuclear war coming you want to be at ground zero though...just sayin' :Wave:

Hhahahahhahaha .... as Aaron Paul's character Todd would say: eat a bag of dicks!

I hate Brady for his Trumping, but I'm way down with the team. The more you h8, the better they play.

Back