2016-17 NFL Thread.

Eagles totally dominated Steelers today and are 3-0

Carson Wentz looks like the real deal. I wonder if the Rams are regretting their decision (though to be fair I don't think Jeff Fisher wants to play Goff and the Eagles coaches are more QB friendly IMO)

Carson Wentz looks like the real deal. I wonder if the Rams are regretting their decision (though to be fair I don't think Jeff Fisher wants to play Goff and the Eagles coaches are more QB friendly IMO)

Maybe. RGIII was rookie of the year so who knows.

Carson Wentz so far has been able to do just about everything a seasoned qb should be able to do. Read the defense and adjust if needed, throw on the run, throw deep, run if needed, throw a bullet, throw with touch. Someone said he's like Peyton Manning before snap and Aaron Rodgers after the snap. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Maybe. RGIII was rookie of the year so who knows.

True but RGIII was ROY because at first no one knew how to defend him IMO. Once they figured that out he was getting blasted. Wentz looks like a pro QB right now, making the right reads throwing from the pocket, rolling/scrambling if needed but eyes down the field and unlike most rookies he seems to have very good touch hence no picks.

And I'm not saying this as a Philly fan...in fact as a Steelers fan. It is of course still early and they may yet come up with things to confound him but so far colour me impressed. We will get a better read when he plays Minnesota since so far the defenses he's gone against haven't been the best. Of course Minnesota has made a few really good QB's look bad so that might not be a fair comparison either

Unsure what it would be like if Wentz came to the Rams. Since I live in LA, I hear more of the local news regarding Rams. They felt that Jared Goff was more NFL ready then Wentz and that route. To the point that they chose Case Keenam to start instead.

Now as for Wentz in Philly, he is doing what they need him to do just like Dak Prescott in Dallas and Trevor Siemian in Denver. The Rams are just a screwed up franchise. Besides these QB's would not have had the chance to play if injuries and a trade had occurred.

Why can the Brady haters suck it? Every game they win without him just shows how not important he is to the team. The fact that the Pats can put up 27 on a good defense with their third string QB is even more proof it's all Belicheck and the front office.

Because your posts on the topic are irrational, unintelligent, and factually off target. I have to say, though, it's glorious watching people get tied up in delusional knots.

Anyhow, I was going to say: for Jets fans, shouldn't hating themselves come naturally?

Edit: hoping Belichick puts Edelmann at the helm for a couple of series' worth of wishbone-option just to see the look on Ryan's face.

Last edited:
Jets vs. Seahawks this weekend. My buddy is a really diehard Jets fan. Thinking about whether I should see if he wants to watch the game. But he is kind of a Tark like towel chewer when he watches and might need to watch alone.

NFL 2016! Highlights so far:

* Belichick getting first laugh. I didn't see / hear much smack talk about Jimmy Garoppolo after his brief stint, either. The sad truth is that Pats haters can find a million things to bitch about, but at the end of the day, the Pats are like the old Raiders: just win, baby. Hated by all, feared by many, and just keep doing things their way and winning. Some day, very smart football execs will realize that the thing that BB does best is manage the bottom half of the roster. And it's not like he doesn't do other things well.

* Carson Wentz is indeed a keeper. There's much to like, but you wonder if he's going to tail off in the 2nd half because a great deal of his most successful plays are after a breakdown. Disciplined defenses won't offer him as much.

* Is there some sort of sedative in the Dolphins' tap water?

* The Rams look like .... a mediocre team off to a fortunate start. L.A. is not going to be kind to Jeff Fisher, nor Jared Goff. They need a new / better owner.

* The headhunting / NFL bullshit is getting ugly. When I see the Broncos' defenders taking shots the way they have, with what we know now about CTE, it's just gross. And the double-standards (flags for Rodgers / Brady / etc. but not Cam / etc.) is redolent of the two-tier officiating that makes the NBA unwatchable. Goodell is simply a stooge, an empty soul who is willing to say anything if you pay him enough. He's disgusting. Back on the post-concussion topic: I love football, but have zero need to see strong safeties try to decapitate guys (or themselves) ... I really wish it would stop.

* Green Bay looks lethargic. Long way to go, though. But the Vikings look terrific, which is amazing when you consider the loss of AP and Bridgewater. Great defenses will always keep you in the game.

* Poor Bruce Arians looks like he's about to melt down completely.

* John Fox will be getting a rock in his bag for Hallowe'en. A rock attached to a note that says "you're fired."

* The Seahawks are very interesting, but here is a troubling pattern in Pete Carroll's past: 1. Achieve high point; 2. Slowly recede, level-by-level, year-by-year, until ....; 3. He takes off leaving others holding the bag for his mess. You can look this up. By that logic, the Seahawks would struggle to make the playoffs. And they might. However, they have the massive good fortune to play in the same division as the Rams and 49ers.

* KC slipping under the radar, again. Good but not sexy top-to-bottom teams in small media markets can surprise people.

Jets vs. Seahawks this weekend. My buddy is a really diehard Jets fan. Thinking about whether I should see if he wants to watch the game. But he is kind of a Tark like towel chewer when he watches and might need to watch alone.

I have a friend who is a diehard Jets fan, too. For some time, it was beyond entertaining to text him at key moments on game days (like, say, after the butt fumble): "J! E! T! S! J-E-T-S!" The responses were colorful, to say the least.

I thought the Vikings would be good this year. Surprised the didn't impload with out their QB.

Hope they keep Fox for a while. You need a decent team to coach, to win. His first year, the Bears were singing undrafted free agents cut from other teams cuz, they were still better than what we had. It's going to take some time.

Because your posts on the topic are irrational, unintelligent, and factually off target. I have to say, though, it's glorious watching people get tied up in delusional knots.

Anyhow, I was going to say: for Jets fans, shouldn't hating themselves come naturally?

Edit: hoping Belichick puts Edelmann at the helm for a couple of series' worth of wishbone-option just to see the look on Ryan's face.

Yeah being 15-5 without the guy means it's all him and not the rest of the team or the coachrolleyes1

He is tied for the best QB of all time because of 4 rings, him and Terry Bradshaw. Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco and Mark Rypien are far better QBs than Dan Marino or Dan Fouts ever were, those 3 have rings and the Dans don't rolleyes1

This is not a troll feeding station.

Anyhow, would love some thought so the longer post above. Vikings need to figure out an offense. Is AP perhaps somewhat replaceable?

Seahawks at Jets today. If the Seahawks play their game, and RW is any good with his injury, they should be able to win. But, the O line has to help him, as do the running backs. And the D has to get after Fitzpatrick and pick up some turnovers. So, we shall see if they show up that way. Or if they lack focus and discipline (and ability on the O line) as a team this year. We shall see. Go Seahawks!

It is a suckfest so far against the Bills
That is a bit of a surprise.

RW has been good, and Graham is really coming into his own, with Michael getting a little running done. Hoping Baldwin gets back into the game after getting his bell rung (penalized) and getting through the protocol. The D, and Sherman, has been getting burned a little. They seem to be making adjustments and shoring things up, but they have some work to do. The O line has been holding on, though some pressure has been developing on Wilson as the Jets make adjustments. The Jets QB seems to have recovered from a bad day last week, and is pretty impressive. Good game so far.

Bears won for a change. It was against the Lions but, I'll take it. Special thanks to the O line for being much improved so they could finally run the ball.

Back