2016-17 NFL Thread.

Maybe on paper, but the 49'ers put the hurt on the Rams 28-0 and Seahawks fell to them, and got beat up along the way. So, I will take nothing for granted.
So far so good, other than what I hope are some junk points in the 4th, but I am really worried by RW's injuries. I have been concerned since breaking up the line after the first Seahawk Super Bowl that the team was relying too much on RW's mobility and that it would start to wear on him over time. I hope it is not too serious (looks like left knee issue), and is a wakeup call for management.

I hope the whole season won't be the lame-ass Eagles and Cowboys beating everybody by 30 points. I don't think my heart could bear it.

Maybe on paper, but the 49'ers put the hurt on the Rams 28-0 and Seahawks fell to them, and got beat up along the way. So, I will take nothing for granted.

See...no biggie on the Niners!!!!

Now if it was another team with clout, then that would be a different story.

See...no biggie on the Niners!!!!

Now if it was another team with clout, then that would be a different story.
I think they used the game to turn a corner. They started figuring out how to use Graham, Christine Michael gained some confidence, RW was back, offensive line was better. But, . . . RW is a big question mark. It was a weaker team. (Sorry, @335clone , but it is true this year it appears). But, they were executing, gaining confidence, and figuring stuff out. But, as I said before, the RW thing worries me. I sure wish the team was able to invest in a better O line. This one seems to be progressing, but there seems to be a lot of work to do for the big time teams.

I think they used the game to turn a corner. They started figuring out how to use Graham, Christine Michael gained some confidence, RW was back, offensive line was better. But, . . . RW is a big question mark. It was a weaker team. (Sorry, @335clone , but it is true this year it appears). But, they were executing, gaining confidence, and figuring stuff out. But, as I said before, the RW thing worries me. I sure wish the team was able to invest in a better O line. This one seems to be progressing, but there seems to be a lot of work to do for the big time teams.

Kind of sad regarding RW. Such a great competitor - mojo to him to recover. When is their bye? Would be great if it was up soon.

Kind of sad regarding RW. Such a great competitor - mojo to him to recover. When is their bye? Would be great if it was up soon.
Next week is the Jets, then the bye. My buddy, Tim, is a big Jets fan. Long time suffering sort, he is. He is such a fan, I don't know if he could handle us watching the game together. :wink: I hope RW can be ready well enough, and then can be rested. He tweeted out he had a "little knee sprain", but could have returned. Saw some tweet or something somewhere that said something about a MCL strain. Bleacher Report says his status against the Jets is as yet uncertain.

And, @Modern Saint , the RW thing has me thinking also about the Pats. People have called RW a "game manager" or a system QB, etc. But, like TB, he also brings something very special. So, though the Pats had some success with their backups, I believe TB is also special in his own way, (even if I think he is pouty) :wink: . I saw that at the Super Bowl game a couple years ago. It was not just a system guy holding the Pats in the game. RW also is not just a game manager, or system guy.

image.jpeg

I'm officially giving up on the Giants until the lesser Manning is no longer at the helm.

That leaves me with no team to root for.

We really do need a "Tom Brady" thread, though. Many of us don't really care one way or the other, and the attacks and defenses are starting to dominate this thread...

We really do need a "Tom Brady" thread, though. Many of us don't really care one way or the other, and the attacks and defenses are starting to dominate this thread...

Probably a continuation from last season. If no one mentions his name, I won't mention it! But I will still post Patriot fodor.

Back