2016-17 NFL Thread.

All the Brady haters can go and suck it!!!

14446022_10154596261872372_6106355263025111294_n.jpg

Why can the Brady haters suck it? Every game they win without him just shows how not important he is to the team. The fact that the Pats can put up 27 on a good defense with their third string QB is even more proof it's all Belicheck and the front office.

Further proof that Brady is a Belichick creation.

I became a fan of the Patriots when the Tuna came from the Giants. I have always loved the coaching staff even with the transition so my love for the Pats starts with the coaching staff. As for creation of Belichick, yes and no. Yes in the sense the Belichick's system works for the Pats and they have been consistent to remain at the top of AFC East. No because there are other coaches that have helped to make Brady and the Pat who they are. All coaches mold their players and Brady was a 6th round draft pick who won 4 Super Bowls and had the best regular season record in the NFL. Most QB currently in the league that everyone ogle about is a #1 pick and what have they done? Even Peyton was a #1 pick.

My statement regarding Brady haters because those who hate Brady, also hate the Patriots!

Why can the Brady haters suck it? Every game they win without him just shows how not important he is to the team. The fact that the Pats can put up 27 on a good defense with their third string QB is even more proof it's all Belicheck and the front office.

As mentioned above I follow teams with a great coaching staff - it all began with the Bill Parcells - the Tuna! TB12 came in after Drew Bledsoe went down so no bandwagoner here. Brady was a 6th round draft pick and for comparison purpose, former Skins QB RGIII was a 1st rounder and what has he done? Brady this year is 39 years old and most QB's don't last beyond 4 years. TB12 is entering his 17th season!!!

upload_2016-9-23_6-54-40.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics...areer-length-in-the-national-football-league/

I became a fan of the Patriots when the Tuna came from the Giants. I have always loved the coaching staff even with the transition so my love for the Pats starts with the coaching staff. As for creation of Belichick, yes and no. Yes in the sense the Belichick's system works for the Pats and they have been consistent to remain at the top of AFC East. No because there are other coaches that have helped to make Brady and the Pat who they are. All coaches mold their players and Brady was a 6th round draft pick who won 4 Super Bowls and had the best regular season record in the NFL. Most QB currently in the league that everyone ogle about is a #1 pick and what have they done? Even Peyton was a #1 pick.

My statement regarding Brady haters because those who hate Brady, also hate the Patriots!

As mentioned above I follow teams with a great coaching staff - it all began with the Bill Parcells - the Tuna! TB12 came in after Drew Bledsoe went down so no bandwagoner here. Brady was a 6th round draft pick and for comparison purpose, former Skins QB RGIII was a 1st rounder and what has he done? Brady this year is 39 years old and most QB's don't last beyond 4 years. TB12 is entering his 17th season!!!

View attachment 29714

https://www.statista.com/statistics...areer-length-in-the-national-football-league/

I still don't see how the team winning without Brady should make the Brady haters suck it. He was sitting on his couch watching the game and had zero to do with them blanking the Texans.

So why didn't you become a Jets fan when Parcells and Belichick left the Pats for the Jets? :tongue: :grin:

I still say had Brady been drafted by the Bills or the Chiefs, nobody would even know his name. He was lucky enough to be drafted by Belichick. I'm not saying he is a bad QB, he just gets way too much credit for their success. Even Matt Cassel led them to a 11-5 record and they are about to go 4-0 with their second and third string QBs. When a team can win that much with a backup, the QB isn't the reason they win.

I still don't see how the team winning without Brady should make the Brady haters suck it. He was sitting on his couch watching the game and had zero to do with them blanking the Texans.

Well most Brady haters hate the Patriots!!! When you hear the name Patriots, the first name that comes to mind is Brady. He may have been sitting on the couch but he had a hand in helping to groom his backups, not just the coaches.

So why didn't you become a Jets fan when Parcells and Belichick left the Pats for the Jets? :tongue: :grin:

The Jets just suck!!! Never liked that team ever since I was watching the NFL. Watched a few games when Parcell coached them.

In my very young days, I was a Cowboys fan not because of Roger Staubach, I enjoyed watching Tom Landry coach. The same as when Joe Gibbs coached the Skins.

I still say had Brady been drafted by the Bills or the Chiefs, nobody would even know his name. He was lucky enough to be drafted by Belichick. I'm not saying he is a bad QB, he just gets way too much credit for their success. Even Matt Cassel led them to a 11-5 record and they are about to go 4-0 with their second and third string QBs. When a team can win that much with a backup, the QB isn't the reason they win.

Check the chart Chad...37 4th Quarter Comebacks!!!

upload_2016-9-23_7-55-30.png

Take a look at his other accomplishments!!! He threw the touchdowns., he managed the team that went down the field, etc.

1. Postseason Record
Tommy Terrific holds a postseason record of 21-8. Five more wins than second place on the list, a guy you might know by the name of Joe Montana.

2. Playoff Touchdowns
The Patriots quarterback also holds the record for most touchdown passes in the playoffs (53) and in the Super Bowl (13).

3. The Super Bowl MVP
Not only does Brady have two NFL Most Valuable Player awards to his name ('07, '10), now he's been named a record-tying third Super Bowl MVP.

4. The Belichick-Brady Relationship
It's hard to argue against this coach-quarterback combo. Belichick and Brady have combined for the best coaching record all time at 160-47.

5. You're So Money
Quarterback's are often defined by how they play in crunch time with the game on the line and that's when Brady shines the most. He's engineered nine game-winning postseason drives including Super Bowl 49's 10-point comeback.

6. Most Completions. Ever.
In a tilt with one of the best secondary's in NFL history, Tom Brady completed a Super Bowl record 37 passes, breaking Peyton Manning's record from last season of 34 against -- you guessed it -- the Seahawks.

7. Owner of the Division
As a starting quarterback, Tom Brady has led his Patriots to 12 career AFC East division titles. The most by any single QB.

8. Regular Season Baller
Brady has made his name in the playoffs, but he isn't too shabby during the regular season either. He's been selected to the Pro Bowl 10 (!) times, while leading the NFL in passing TDs three seasons ('02, '07, '10).

9. That's a lot of Super Bowls
Tom Brady is a six-time AFC Champion, leading the Pats to six Super Bowls and a 4-2 record. Although, Joe Montana was 4-0 in the ultimate game, his playoff problems were prevalent in January.

10. Not One, Not Two, Not Three...
But four Super Bowl rings! Which just so happens to tie him with Montana and Terry Bradshaw for the most Super Bowl wins by a quarterback.

I left off #11 as it does not pertain to football.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/photos/11-reasons-why-brady-might-be-the-greatest/1

You are correct in saying if Brady being drafted by another team and no one would know his name, or would they? We will never know. All we know is that it did happen and no one can change that. As for Cassell, yes the Pats system worked with him and he was successful that year. Was he successful to take the team to post-season - No. Brady had a torn ACL and MCL that year (2008) and upon his return helped to take the Pats to the playoffs 7 times in a row. All with personal changes!!!

If you are talking about coaches and coaching staff, look at the Texans coaching staff. They are now led by Bill O'Brien former Patriot QUARTERBACK coach. Where is there success?

Well most Brady haters hate the Patriots!!! When you hear the name Patriots, the first name that comes to mind is Brady. He may have been sitting on the couch but he had a hand in helping to groom his backups, not just the coaches.

The Jets just suck!!! Never liked that team ever since I was watching the NFL. Watched a few games when Parcell coached them.

In my very young days, I was a Cowboys fan not because of Roger Staubach, I enjoyed watching Tom Landry coach. The same as when Joe Gibbs coached the Skins.

Check the chart Chad...37 4th Quarter Comebacks!!!

View attachment 29716

Take a look at his other accomplishments!!! He threw the touchdowns., he managed the team that went down the field, etc.

1. Postseason Record
Tommy Terrific holds a postseason record of 21-8. Five more wins than second place on the list, a guy you might know by the name of Joe Montana.

2. Playoff Touchdowns
The Patriots quarterback also holds the record for most touchdown passes in the playoffs (53) and in the Super Bowl (13).

3. The Super Bowl MVP
Not only does Brady have two NFL Most Valuable Player awards to his name ('07, '10), now he's been named a record-tying third Super Bowl MVP.

4. The Belichick-Brady Relationship
It's hard to argue against this coach-quarterback combo. Belichick and Brady have combined for the best coaching record all time at 160-47.

5. You're So Money
Quarterback's are often defined by how they play in crunch time with the game on the line and that's when Brady shines the most. He's engineered nine game-winning postseason drives including Super Bowl 49's 10-point comeback.

6. Most Completions. Ever.
In a tilt with one of the best secondary's in NFL history, Tom Brady completed a Super Bowl record 37 passes, breaking Peyton Manning's record from last season of 34 against -- you guessed it -- the Seahawks.

7. Owner of the Division
As a starting quarterback, Tom Brady has led his Patriots to 12 career AFC East division titles. The most by any single QB.

8. Regular Season Baller
Brady has made his name in the playoffs, but he isn't too shabby during the regular season either. He's been selected to the Pro Bowl 10 (!) times, while leading the NFL in passing TDs three seasons ('02, '07, '10).

9. That's a lot of Super Bowls
Tom Brady is a six-time AFC Champion, leading the Pats to six Super Bowls and a 4-2 record. Although, Joe Montana was 4-0 in the ultimate game, his playoff problems were prevalent in January.

10. Not One, Not Two, Not Three...
But four Super Bowl rings! Which just so happens to tie him with Montana and Terry Bradshaw for the most Super Bowl wins by a quarterback.

I left off #11 as it does not pertain to football.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/photos/11-reasons-why-brady-might-be-the-greatest/1

You are correct in saying if Brady being drafted by another team and no one would know his name, or would they? We will never know. All we know is that it did happen and no one can change that. As for Cassell, yes the Pats system worked with him and he was successful that year. Was he successful to take the team to post-season - No. Brady had a torn ACL and MCL that year (2008) and upon his return helped to take the Pats to the playoffs 7 times in a row. All with personal changes!!!

If you are talking about coaches and coaching staff, look at the Texans coaching staff. They are now led by Bill O'Brien former Patriot QUARTERBACK coach. Where is there success?

The problem is Tom Brady wasn't the only person on the team. He also doesn't develop the game plan or calls the plays. Hopefully Bill doesn't retire when Tom does, then we will see. Cassel 11-5 (how that wasn't enough for the playoffs is beyond me), Jimmy G 2-0 and now Jacoby Brisset 1-0 as QB. Cassel hasn't done anything since leaving the Pats. I think he is currently the backup in Tennessee.

Why Bill O'Brien isn't doing so hot is that some coaches aren't meant to be head coaches. Look at how many Pats assistants have failed at being the top guy. Belichick is a great coach. Besides anyone who is o-2 against Eli in the Superbowl can't be that good :grin:

The problem is Tom Brady wasn't the only person on the team. He also doesn't develop the game plan or calls the plays. Hopefully Bill doesn't retire when Tom does, then we will see.

FWIW - Tom is involved in the game planning. He too reads film and analyzes so he can read the defenses that he is about to face. On the field the QB like TB12 has the option to audible as well as make changes to the play on the field should the defense be in a position for an unsuccessful play. Yes TB12 is not the only person on the team and does get the most recognition. Wouldn't you if you have been there since the year 2000? No other player that I am aware of has.

As for Bill retiring, I believe TB12 will retire before Bill or they may retire at the same time.

Cassel 11-5 (how that wasn't enough for the playoffs is beyond me), Jimmy G 2-0 and now Jacoby Brissett 1-0 as QB. Cassell hasn't done anything since leaving the Pats. I think he is currently the backup in Tennessee.

Brady took the Pats to the Super Bowl in his 2nd Season. He came in after Drew Bledsoe went down in game 2 against the Jets. Remember now that Brady was not a #1 pick but #199 in the 6th round. As for Cassell (round 7, pick 220 - 2005) sucks because he is a decent QB. Ironic that he was the backup for USC behind Matt Leinart (Round 1, pick #10 - 2006) and Carson Palmer (Round 1, pick #1 - 2003). Where is Leinart today? Palmer is still looking for his first ring and has played with 3 different teams. Cassell went to KC and had minor success before landing in Tennessee.

Besides anyone who is o-2 against Eli in the Superbowl can't be that good :grin:

From a Pats fan standpoint, 1-0. While a win is a win it was a complete fluke. That game however belongs to the defensive line and Tom Coughlin (another former Pats coach). The pressure that they put on TB12 kept him in check.

FWIW - Tom is involved in the game planning. He too reads film and analyzes so he can read the defenses that he is about to face. On the field the QB like TB12 has the option to audible as well as make changes to the play on the field should the defense be in a position for an unsuccessful play. Yes TB12 is not the only person on the team and does get the most recognition. Wouldn't you if you have been there since the year 2000? No other player that I am aware of has.

As for Bill retiring, I believe TB12 will retire before Bill or they may retire at the same time.

Brady took the Pats to the Super Bowl in his 2nd Season. He came in after Drew Bledsoe went down in game 2 against the Jets. Remember now that Brady was not a #1 pick but #199 in the 6th round. As for Cassell (round 7, pick 220 - 2005) sucks because he is a decent QB. Ironic that he was the backup for USC behind Matt Leinart (Round 1, pick #10 - 2006) and Carson Palmer (Round 1, pick #1 - 2003). Where is Leinart today? Palmer is still looking for his first ring and has played with 3 different teams. Cassell went to KC and had minor success before landing in Tennessee.

From a Pats fan standpoint, 1-0. While a win is a win it was a complete fluke. That game however belongs to the defensive line and Tom Coughlin (another former Pats coach). The pressure that they put on TB12 kept him in check.

Coughlin was never a Pats coach. He was with Parcells in NY, but was the head coach of the Jags while Bill was in NE. And he was only with Parcells for 2 years.

Don't forget Cassel's time in Minnesota, Dallas and Buffalo before he went to the Titans. A good QB doesn't bounce from team to team like that.

Coughlin was never a Pats coach. He was with Parcells in NY, but was the head coach of the Jags while Bill was in NE. And he was only with Parcells for 2 years.

Don't forget Cassel's time in Minnesota, Dallas and Buffalo before he went to the Titans. A good QB doesn't bounce from team to team like that.

My bad on Coughlin as you are correct! He was a Parcells disciple and that is where I grouped him in.

As for Cassell's time with the other teams, I chose to leave that out.

What can you say for Carson Palmer? He has been with the Bengals, the Raiders and now the Cards.

My bad on Coughlin as you are correct! He was a Parcells disciple and that is where I grouped him in.

As for Cassell's time with the other teams, I chose to leave that out.

What can you say for Carson Palmer? He has been with the Bengals, the Raiders and now the Cards.

Carson has been with 3 teams in 11 season. Cassel is on his 6th in 11 seasons and he hasn't been "the" guy since KC. He demanded a trade in Cinci, and retired when they didn't trade him. Then they traded him to the Raiders which at the time would have been as bad as going to the Browns. The Raiders traded him to Arizona and the team has been successful since his arrival. I'm not a huge fan of Palmer, but when you get drafted by the Bengals first overall and last as long as he has, you may be the best QB of all time:grin:. the only thing worse is to be drafted first by the Browns :grin:

Cassel was traded or cut everywhere he went, nobody wants to keep him. He couldn't even latch on to the dumpster fire that was the Cowboys QB situation last season but he managed to take the Pats to 11-5.

Palmer vs Cassel is no contest. Palmer doesn't even enter the conversation with Brady, there is no contest there either. I'm not saying Brady is bad, he just isn't as great as everyone says he is.

I wouldn't really call Coughlin a Parcells disciple either. Tom started coaching in 1970 and only spent 1988-1990 with Parcells. He was already coaching for 18 years by the time he hooked up with Bill. I'm sure he learned things in those few years, but when you are 18 years in, you pretty much know what you are doing.

Last edited:
Bleh. All this pats talk is putting a bad taste in my mouth. I respect them, but they are not my team.

seahawks, seahawks, seahawks, seahawks, SEAHAWKS, SEAHAWKS!!!

ok, that's better.

Carson has been with 3 teams in 11 season. Cassel is on his 6th in 11 seasons and he hasn't been "the" guy since KC. He demanded a trade in Cinci, and retired when they didn't trade him. Then they traded him to the Raiders which at the time would have been as bad as going to the Browns. The Raiders traded him to Arizona and the team has been successful since his arrival. I'm not a huge fan of Palmer, but when you get drafted by the Bengals first overall and last as long as he has, you may be the best QB of all time:grin:. the only thing worse is to be drafted first by the Browns :grin:

Cassel was traded or cut everywhere he went, nobody wants to keep him. He couldn't even latch on to the dumpster fire that was the Cowboys QB situation last season but he managed to take the Pats to 11-5.

The Cowboys in general to me is just wrong. It went in the worst of directions when they let Jimmy Johnson go. As for Cassel, he was 7th rounder which most QB's don't survive beyond the first couple of years. Cassel had his chance with the Pats and proved his worth for that one season. Went to the Chiefs because the Pats didn't want to pay him for a backup.

Palmer vs Cassel is no contest. Palmer doesn't even enter the conversation with Brady, there is no contest there either. I'm not saying Brady is bad, he just isn't as great as everyone says he is.

I wouldn't really call Coughlin a Parcells disciple either. Tom started coaching in 1970 and only spent 1998-1990 with Parcells. He was already coaching for 18 years by the time he hooked up with Bill. I'm sure he learned things in those few years, but when you are 18 years in, you pretty much know what you are doing.

I still call him that as he never had a head coaching job until after his stint with the Tuna. Proved himself at Boston College before running the Jaguars.

Bleh. All this pats talk is putting a bad taste in my mouth. I respect them, but they are not my team.

seahawks, seahawks, seahawks, seahawks, SEAHAWKS, SEAHAWKS!!!

ok, that's better.

Meh...

Beastmode is gone!!

The Cowboys in general to me is just wrong. It went in the worst of directions when they let Jimmy Johnson go. As for Cassel, he was 7th rounder which most QB's don't survive beyond the first couple of years. Cassel had his chance with the Pats and proved his worth for that one season. Went to the Chiefs because the Pats didn't want to pay him for a backup.

I still call him that as he never had a head coaching job until after his stint with the Tuna. Proved himself at Boston College before running the Jaguars.

Meh...

Beastmode is gone!!
Ok fine then. You force me to it. Screw the Pats.

Back