Think it's worth $53?

Man now I am tempted! Kinda like when Westerberg's one pickup First-Act came out, but with superhero graphics! If I was a solid punk player out, I would grab one and make it work. But as it is, I would just like a Dad like that "Dad-Beats" band they had on Modern Family last night.

Looked at the reviews on Amazon really quick. The first one said sharp fret ends, ok set up. Ok pickup with some decent sounds in it, and called it "almost playable" art. I suppose it would be fun, but would take some work to make it very usable. I guess I'll pass.
 
Holy shit!!!.... look at these!!!!

117996_13330.jpg

117997_13338.jpg
 
But as it is, I would just like a Dad like that "Dad-Beats" band they had on Modern Family last night.

Ha ha, I got a hard time from my daughter about that last night too. The graphics are what's keeping me from getting one. I don't think I could pull that off. Well, that and I suspect it is about on par with those Starcasters they sell at WalMart. It'll be interesting to see what baimun and mystix think of them.

If mystix makes room for it by flipping one of his PRS's or Musicmans, then I'll bite. :grin:
 
Damn, I should get a finder's fee from Amazon. That's at least 3 units sold as a result of this thread.

Let's see 5% of 3 units at $53 each...that's almost $8!
 
Ha ha, I got a hard time from my daughter about that last night too. The graphics are what's keeping me from getting one. I don't think I could pull that off. Well, that and I suspect it is about on par with those Starcasters they sell at WalMart. It'll be interesting to see what baimun and mystix think of them.

If mystix makes room for it by flipping one of his PRS's or Musicmans, then I'll bite. :grin:
Dang it I am still tempted. I get bummed by how Dads that want to play music get portrayed on the shows my wife likes, like that suburban housewife show that was on a while back, and disappointingly, Modern Family. Dad's just want to have fun too!
 
Funny I bought one yesterday and never mentioned it because of the guaranteed ridicule I was sure to face
 
Last edited:
I'm figuring I'll file the sharp fret ends, adjust the truss rod, saddle height and maybe level a few frets.... dink with it a bit before I give it away as a gift. I want to make sure it is playable first.... otherwise I'll put a strat neck on it. :tongue:
 
I wonder if I could drop my virtual hot piece a.m. hamburger in the bridge? I have had that pick up sitting around forever to put into a project and this could work.


EDIT: Nah. I should save that and put it in one of those jazzys that were getting blown out a while back if I can find one when I am ready. Ok, back away from the Amazon prime one click button. Back away from the button.
 
That is a good deal, and just the right price for a guitar with those graphics, unlike the 10/31/2013 GPOTD. cop0
 
Last edited:
I get bummed by how Dads that want to play music get portrayed on the shows my wife likes, like that suburban housewife show that was on a while back, and disappointingly, Modern Family. Dad's just want to have fun too!

As a side note while watching last night's Modern Family and the Dad's band was playing, the guitar player had an old Gibson Sonex. An unusual choice for a show like that and I kinda wonder where they had that lying around. I noticed because that was my first electric circa '82. I still have it. I pointed all of this out last night and it didn't help my case at all. :facepalm:

feature-1980-Sonex-180.jpg
 
Well my soon to be Stepdaughters think it's cool that I play guitar. Their uncle was a touring musician in a Christian rock band and me and Annie take them to age appropriate shows once or twice a month.
 
Back
Top